Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 08:18 PM   #1
disfan07
DIS Veteran

How are these ADRs?

So we are going to WDW from Dec 25th-31st. Last time we went was in 2010. We ate at Crystal Palace, Rainforest Cafe ad a bunch of QS restaurants. At that time, I was only allergic to peanuts, eggs and shellfish. This time is a little different.

This time, I am allergic to peanuts (severe), tree nuts (severe), eggs (severe), shellfish (severe), coconut, wheat, oats, broccoli, sesame. I also have sensitivities to thyme, ginger, soy and dairy. I can have a little bit but not all the time or large quantities. I also cannot have raw apples, pears, nectarines, plums, peaches, carrots, peppers, onions, tomato, zucchini, cantaloupe. But I can have all of that if it is cooked.

We have 8 TS meals scheduled over 5 days right now. We are thining of cancelling 2 of these (Rose and Crown and The Plaza) but I would like opinions on these choices in general and if anyone has any allergy (especially multiple allergy)experience that would be great.

December 26th:
Breakfast- POP food court
Lunch- crystal palace
Dinner- the plaza or QS

December 27th:
Breakfast- POP
Lunch-50s PT Cafe
Dinner- Sunshine Seasons (QS)

December 28th:
Breakfast- POP
Lunch- WCC or the Wave (would like opinions on this one...have WCC scheduled for now)
Dinner- Sci Fi

December 29th:
Breakfast- POP
Lunch- Rose and Crown or Sunshine Seasons again
Dinner- 1900 PF

December 30th:
Breakfast- POP
Lunch- Liberty Tree Tavern
Dinner- cosmic rays (QS)
All Star Sports (2007, 2008); All Star Music (2001); Caribbean Beach (1992, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1999); Coronado Springs (2004); Port Orleans French Quarter (2007); Port Orleans Riverside (2014); Wilderness Lodge (2006); Pop Century (2010, 2012); Saratoga Springs (2013); The Contemporary (2013); Grand Floridian (2014)
disfan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
brettcw23
DDC #722
Always remember...bad decisions often lead to great stories!
Yeah, I'm crafty like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfan07 View Post
So we are going to WDW from Dec 25th-31st. Last time we went was in 2010. We ate at Crystal Palace, Rainforest Cafe ad a bunch of QS restaurants. At that time, I was only allergic to peanuts, eggs and shellfish. This time is a little different.

This time, I am allergic to peanuts (severe), tree nuts (severe), eggs (severe), shellfish (severe), coconut, wheat, oats, broccoli, sesame. I also have sensitivities to thyme, ginger, soy and dairy. I can have a little bit but not all the time or large quantities. I also cannot have raw apples, pears, nectarines, plums, peaches, carrots, peppers, onions, tomato, zucchini, cantaloupe. But I can have all of that if it is cooked.

We have 8 TS meals scheduled over 5 days right now. We are thining of cancelling 2 of these (Rose and Crown and The Plaza) but I would like opinions on these choices in general and if anyone has any allergy (especially multiple allergy)experience that would be great.

December 26th:
Breakfast- POP food court
Lunch- crystal palace
Dinner- the plaza or QS

December 27th:
Breakfast- POP
Lunch-50s PT Cafe
Dinner- Sunshine Seasons (QS)

December 28th:
Breakfast- POP
Lunch- WCC or the Wave (would like opinions on this one...have WCC scheduled for now)
Dinner- Sci Fi

December 29th:
Breakfast- POP
Lunch- Rose and Crown or Sunshine Seasons again
Dinner- 1900 PF

December 30th:
Breakfast- POP
Lunch- Liberty Tree Tavern
Dinner- cosmic rays (QS)
I can't speak to your specifics but I can say in regard to TS, Disney can make almost anything sans the allergy ingredients. My daughter had a nut\egg allergy and they came out for every meal, asled questions, everything.

What I would suggest, is for the TS, looking at the menus online and making some notes. That way you have some options to review with the chef. They can be very creative and are also extremely accomodating. Good luck!
DIS Dad #722
WDW Commando Member #222
Boo, Brew and Happy Birthday, too!

1982 offsite, 2007 offsite, 2010 All Star Movies
2011 All Star Sports, 2012 AKL-Kidani Village (March)
2012 BLT (November), 2013 BWV
brettcw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:27 PM   #3
Cassushi
Mouseketeer

I have Oral allergy syndrome, so I have a lot of the same allergies as you. I have always found Disney to quite understanding with regards to allergies. Because your list of allergens is so long, like mine, it might be in your best interest for you to bring a list of all of your allergens. This way you can hand them a copy as opposed to making them write it down. If the chef does not come out, request one to ensure your safety. By the way your ADR’s look great!

Have a great vacation,
~Cassie

I hope this helps, here is a copy of what I hand out to ensure no cross contamination's.

Lettuces, greens and vegetables

Arugula
Leafy lettuces/mixed greens/micro greens (iceberg and romaine are fine)
Cactus
Tomatoes (cooked and/or processed is fine)

Tropical Fruits

Passion fruit
Papaya
Guava
Mango
Dragon fruit
Bananas
Kiwi
Melons (to include honeydew, cantaloupe and watermelon)

Nuts

Coconut (only raw coconut, if it has been processed and/or toasted it is not a problem)
Tree nuts (peanuts are fine)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: