DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #16
lunaemica
Earning My Ears

We were at blt in Nov/Dec 2010 and it was fine then but obviously that was a while ago.
lunaemica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #17
Jenbabe411
Earning My Ears

We stayed 10/20-27 and I came into it thinking the wireless was going to be horrible but it was actually better than ours at home! We were pleasantly suprised!
Jenbabe411 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 07:14 AM   #18
stefanospops
DIS Veteran

We were at BLT from Nov 1-5 then AKL from the 5-10 and the connection at BLT was awful. It was slow and dropped constantly. When we moved to Kidani Village the connection was near perfect. It didn't drop and was quick.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:27 AM   #19
BuzzLiteyear
To infinity and beyond....or just drop me off at the Contemporary Resort!

Location: 978.19 miles just East of due North of CR (1161 by roads)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanospops
We were at BLT from Nov 1-5 then AKL from the 5-10 and the connection at BLT was awful. It was slow and dropped constantly. When we moved to Kidani Village the connection was near perfect. It didn't drop and was quick.
We too had terrible WiFi at BLT. I turned it off and used my data plan.
BuzzLiteyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:59 AM   #20
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

If you *need* connectivity while you travel (to anywhere, not just Disney) it would be wise to have a backup option in case the hotel's network is not up to snuff. I'm able to tether through both ATT's 3G network and Verizon's LTE in sticky situations. If you don't have a device and data plan that allows tethering, several operators sell pre-paid/no-contract versions that you can turn on just when necessary. I used to have one through Virgin Mobile, which uses Sprint's network.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:24 AM   #21
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

I'm convinced that the WiFi signal gets transmitted from certain points in the Tower and has certain strong spots and weak spots. I just returned from 9 days at BLT (I'm the OP), and had a room in the north tower, 14th floor, about the middle of the north hallway. My signal was quite strong the entire time; speeds varied, but not so much that it was a nuisance. I was able to do what I needed to do. WiFi Roulette, indeed.

During a two recent stays at VGC, the signal was almost one time, strong the second. And the villas were next to each other. Go figure.

Stupid Judy.
gmi3804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:15 PM   #22
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

We came home Sunday night after spending Nov 6th - 11th there. Wifi was mediocre at best for us. Room 7602, north end. There were times where it was manageble, but most times it was painfully slow. I didn't bother connecting my phone to it, my ipad was horrendous with it, and my laptop worked the best. One minute a page would load, and the next nothing. Sat and Sun were the worst. LOTS of kids/teenagers with their ipods really can clog up a network fast. Most times I just tethered to my phone. I still have an unlimited plan, so that was more reliable. Unfortunately Verizon's 3g/4g network was having issues as well at times. Wifi in the parks was not even worth connecting to. With carriers now having limited data plans, everyone and their mother's uncle will connect to a free open wifi network so they will always be clogged.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:03 PM   #23
jtowntoflorida
Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney Since 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMouseEars View Post
We stayed at BLT 10/12 -20. For the first few days the WiFI was terrible. Could only get a signal in the main rooms, but not on the balcony, and then it was iffy at best. Near the end they switched the name of the WiFi source and everything was great. Good signal in all parts of the room and balcony. Not sure if others had the same experience if they were there that week but it turned out pretty good at the end.
We were the the same time, and I concur that the WIFI was absymal at the beginning of the week. Not sure toward the end because we gave up on it. We were in the south tower, 4th floor lakeview room.
jtowntoflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #24
Donna M
DIS Veteran

We were at BLT Nov. 10 -12. It was painfully slow around 9pm. My dh tried again at 3am and said it was better.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: