Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Anyone have a white Christmas tree or a snow flocked one?

We have to have artificial tree's. I would love a real one but that isn't possible due to my sons allergies.

I was in Macy's the other day and they had a white tree all decorated in sweets - candy, cupcakes, things like that. I loved the contrast with the white tree. I have been collecting sweets ornaments for years.

I want to get one and wondered if anyone can recommend a brand or tell me where you got one recently. Also considering a snow flocked one. Pre-lit would be great. Thanks
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:00 PM   #2
crazyme5kids
DIS Veteran

Maybe Hick's has them, or there is a place in East Northport/Commack on Jericho that always has beautiful trees, I think the stores name is Laura's Elegance.
crazyme5kids is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #3
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyme5kids View Post
Maybe Hick's has them, or there is a place in East Northport/Commack on Jericho that always has beautiful trees, I think the stores name is Laura's Elegance.
I always forget about Laura's. Beautiful store. Thanks will have a look this weekend. There was a 40% off coupon for Hicks this weekend, may be worth the trip.

I wasn't even thinking local I was thinking mail order.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:09 PM   #4
mackeysmom
Let's Go Mets!

I put up a white Christmas tree each year. I decorate it with blue lights and blue decorations.

It was purchased a few years ago from http://www.christmascentral.com

They have a huge selection of white trees - prelit or unlit. http://shop.christmascentral.com/Sto...hite&scat=5982

Hope that helps,
Laura

mackeysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:12 PM   #5
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

I have a white one, purchased at Lowe's. I call it my Dr. Seuss tree, because it looks like it is straight from one of his books. Decorations are hot pink, turquoise blue, lime green, purple, orange and bight yellow. The more outlandish, the better. Everyone loves it.
EMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #6
mackeysmom
Let's Go Mets!

The picture doesn't do it justice, but here is one of my white trees with blue lights/decorations:

mackeysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:44 PM   #7
Tiggeroo
Grammar Nazi
is looking for a funny tag to put under her name
How about..Eats all the peanut butter out of the chocolate ice cream?
Showed BestBuy her Best Pink Lace

I can't believe you posted this. I have been wanting to do a candy themed tree forever. And a white tree or a flocked tree. My kids have been resistant to both ideas. But now they are old enough that I can do what I want. I have been combing the ads looking for a deal and kicking myself for not buying it after last Christmas. I knew I wanted it and would have gotten a deal.

Flamingo Restored by Dan Murphy
Tiggeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #8
low-key
DIS Veteran

I love white trees, but people who dont really hate them and even hate you for liking them
Old 11-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #9
pigletgirl
You do have a life. It is just in cyber world
If its chocolate I'll eat it!

I have seen some flocked ones at Hobby Lobby.

Hoping for Dec. 2015!
pigletgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:37 PM   #10
Promomx2
DIS Veteran

I picked up one the other year at walmart. It's has my angel ornaments in my dining room. Love it.
Promomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:41 PM   #11
Hrhpd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaR View Post
We have to have artificial tree's. I would love a real one but that isn't possible due to my sons allergies.

I was in Macy's the other day and they had a white tree all decorated in sweets - candy, cupcakes, things like that. I loved the contrast with the white tree. I have been collecting sweets ornaments for years.

I want to get one and wondered if anyone can recommend a brand or tell me where you got one recently. Also considering a snow flocked one. Pre-lit would be great. Thanks
We picked up a really nice one from Kohls last year. It was before Christmas (ours broke and we needed a replacement asap) and it was 80% off with all the Kohls discounts. It is prelit and flocked.

I like the look, do not like all the white flocking all over the carpets that falls off when setting up and taking down.
Hrhpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:29 AM   #12
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackeysmom View Post
I put up a white Christmas tree each year. I decorate it with blue lights and blue decorations.

It was purchased a few years ago from http://www.christmascentral.com

They have a huge selection of white trees - prelit or unlit. http://shop.christmascentral.com/Sto...hite&scat=5982

Hope that helps,
Laura
Very helpful and your tree looks so pretty with the blue - thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMom View Post
I have a white one, purchased at Lowe's. I call it my Dr. Seuss tree, because it looks like it is straight from one of his books. Decorations are hot pink, turquoise blue, lime green, purple, orange and bight yellow. The more outlandish, the better. Everyone loves it.
Have any pictures? Sounds awesome. I'm gonna have a look at Loews too - thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggeroo View Post
I can't believe you posted this. I have been wanting to do a candy themed tree forever. And a white tree or a flocked tree. My kids have been resistant to both ideas. But now they are old enough that I can do what I want. I have been combing the ads looking for a deal and kicking myself for not buying it after last Christmas. I knew I wanted it and would have gotten a deal.
I started the candy sweets theme about 4-5 years ago and have such a great collection. I can just imagine how well they would show up against a white tree. My kids are resistant. I told them they would get over it - they are older now. If I find a great deal I will be sure to let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-key View Post
I love white trees, but people who dont really hate them and even hate you for liking them
Like my kids for instance. My husband also said white - really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletgirl View Post
I have seen some flocked ones at Hobby Lobby.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promomx2 View Post
I picked up one the other year at walmart. It's has my angel ornaments in my dining room. Love it.
Will check there also - thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrhpd View Post
We picked up a really nice one from Kohls last year. It was before Christmas (ours broke and we needed a replacement asap) and it was 80% off with all the Kohls discounts. It is prelit and flocked.

I like the look, do not like all the white flocking all over the carpets that falls off when setting up and taking down.
Wow - you got a deal! I was wondering if the stuff would make a mess. I'll see what Kohls has. I didn't know they sold trees so thanks!
Old 11-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #13
lizabu
DIS Veteran

I have a white tree too. I bought it at Walmart. My advice is make sure you buy prelit. It is a huge headache trying to buy lights. They always seem to come on green strands. It took forever to find white strands that weren't outdoor lights. And then I had it in my head they had to be all blue lights and the white strands were multi colored so I bought blue lights on green strings and the multis on white and switched it all over. My family was pretty sure I went nuts. All the ornaments and everything are blue. When I was growing up my grandma had a white tree with all pink. White is beautiful but I think it looks best if you have a theme. The candy or cupcake theme sounded beautiful or doing all one color on white nice too.
lizabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:51 PM   #14
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

If all else fails check Bronners Christmas world
bronners.com
Old 11-17-2012, 07:29 PM   #15
MissManda
DIS Veteran

We got a snow flocked tree several years ago at Home Depot. It came prelit with white lights and it also came with crystals that hang off the branches. It really is quite a beautiful tree...and very bright. I really do love it. The only problem is that it makes a mess when you put it up and take it down. The "snow" just falls off everywhere. I still love it though.

1st Trip- May 2009- CBR
2nd Trip- Sept 2010- POFQ- MNSSHP
3rd Trip-June 2012- Offsite condo.
4th Trip- possibly a solo??? TBD
MissManda is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: