Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #421
francis6306
DIS Veteran

I'm caught up! Work is killing me and there is just been soooo much going on at home!!!

LOVE your dress! I have a friend that wore something similar to a Christmas party before and I just LOVE everything about it!

Oh and to look skinnier in pictures, make sure there is space between your arms and waist. Does that make sense? bend your elbow just enough so that you can see background between the waistline and arm. When your arms are right against the waist line it makes you appear wider.

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:06 PM   #422
Timon

DIS Junkie

Have a great trip Jen!
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2012, 07:42 PM   #423
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

I just got caught up with this tr tonight. Just in time for you to get home. I was waaaayyyyyy behind!
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #424
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Girl, you know you'd be too excited to nap!
I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
You can sleep when you get home. You're going to DISNEY!
So true, but I actually needed more sleep this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Your Pluto looks pretty good. I can't draw at all, but attended an animations class at Disneyland in May, where we also drew Pluto. I won't pretend that it is a master piece, but I was thrilled that it was recognizable as Pluto.

I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip. I will be gone on my vacation before you get back, but I will definitely check back in when I am back at the end of November.

Corinna
Thanks. I was really impressed with i did too. I have no art skills at all.
I am home, but I have a lot of work to catch up on as well as getting Claire's homework done too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Have a great time
Thanks...I did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Have a great time, but I know of course you will! Post lots of pictures of the Halloween party!

BTW, I live only 40 miles from Columbus, would have liked to have met you!
Darn. What a scatter brain I am. We should've done it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
...... at least it's a mishap that could be solved with a shopping trip!
Yes it was an easy fix, thank goodness. And when i got home I realized the pair we bought are identical to what we have. Which is just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
LOL, I hope that's IT for the mishaps!

Don't forget your chargers at each stop along the way.....

And keep an eye on those memory cards!
I think I brought home everything for the most part. So far I don't see anything missing. Well I had a change purse of quarters that I might've left, but thats no big deal if I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
Darn shoes! We once left for a day in Amish country with no shoes for my son. We pulled him out of bed in his jammies, grabbed the clothes, but not the footwear! We went back home, thank goodness we were only 15 min away!

That was the one complaint we had about the character breakfast too, how little time. We were sharing a table with another family, and coincidentally, we kind of looked related. So it seemed like everytime the character helpers got mad at why we needed so many separate pictures, but in reality, we were separate families. It wasn't a big deal, just kind of annoying that we had to keep explaining that no, we're not related.
I about died when I saw she didn't wear them. Thank goodness we had time for a shopping trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
I'm caught up! Work is killing me and there is just been soooo much going on at home!!!

LOVE your dress! I have a friend that wore something similar to a Christmas party before and I just LOVE everything about it!

Oh and to look skinnier in pictures, make sure there is space between your arms and waist. Does that make sense? bend your elbow just enough so that you can see background between the waistline and arm. When your arms are right against the waist line it makes you appear wider.
Have fun on your trip. It's been crazy since i got home. I have so much to do to get caught up.
I tried to use that suggestion this trip...I still look fat...maybe because I am?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
Have a great trip Jen!
Thanks Cass. We had a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
I just got caught up with this tr tonight. Just in time for you to get home. I was waaaayyyyyy behind!
It will most likely be a few more days before I can post again. So much stuff going on at home.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:19 PM   #425
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I am home. I have a lot of stuff to catch up with work wise, life wise and Claire's school work. I hope to get back to posting soon, but I must complete several things before I can allow myself to do so.

We had a fun trip and I hope you all follow me over to that trip report as well when I get it started.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:13 PM   #426
MEK
DIS Veteran

Welcome Back Jen. Glad to hear you had a great time!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:29 PM   #427
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Welcome back Jen! I have to admit.. we did see you getting a Dole Whip with Claire before your MNSSHP but my husband thought we'd better not bother you and keep you from having a good time so I didn't say hi... so I will say hi here! I hope you both had a blast!
Old 11-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #428
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Wecome home! The few pictures on FB have me wanting more, so hurry & get home stuff done. Want the TR!

I keep putting mine off which I shouldn't be doing!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:01 PM   #429
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Welcome Back Jen. Glad to hear you had a great time!
Thanks. Yes we had a lot of fun and now it's depressing as no ffuture plans in site right now. Skip has to get his other hip replaced in early jan. so that will be "our next big adventure".....oh boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame View Post
Welcome back Jen! I have to admit.. we did see you getting a Dole Whip with Claire before your MNSSHP but my husband thought we'd better not bother you and keep you from having a good time so I didn't say hi... so I will say hi here! I hope you both had a blast!
Oh you should have said hi. I was amazed at how many people i met and said hi to this trip. I guess I am easily recognized with my odd choice of hair color. I love to meet people though, so if there is a next time, please do come up aand say hi. We went and sat on a bench to eat them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Wecome home! The few pictures on FB have me wanting more, so hurry & get home stuff done. Want the TR!

I keep putting mine off which I shouldn't be doing!
You can wait at least a week or so to start it.... It's gonna take me that long at least to get caught up on Dis. I had over 2000 emails when I came home. I almost down to 1000 now. LOL
Old 11-17-2012, 12:11 AM   #430
Corjack
Free Dining 2010

I am a quiet follower but wanted to tell you I am about 80% sure I saw you and your daughter leaving Hollywood Studios. I believe you were catching the boat. I think it was 11-5 in the afternoon. I hope you had a great trip!

Jackie
Third trip 2000
First time at WDW resort POP Century April 2008
POP April 2009
POP Aug 2010
ASMu May 2011
POP Oct/Nov 2012
POP APRIL 2013
Next APRIL 2014[/color]

DH42 Me40 DD9 DS5 DD3
Corjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:05 AM   #431
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corjack View Post
I am a quiet follower but wanted to tell you I am about 80% sure I saw you and your daughter leaving Hollywood Studios. I believe you were catching the boat. I think it was 11-5 in the afternoon. I hope you had a great trip!

Jackie
If it was 11/5 then it wasn't us. We were on the Disney Dream that day. If it was 11/9 then yes we were there and we were trying to find a quick way to Grand Floridian as the bus just pulled out and we missed it so we went looking around for the Mk bus. We ended up waiting for the next GF bus and were late to our party.
We also went a few other times after that date and we did use the boat then.
I did not have good transportation mojo this trip.

Last edited by jenseib; 11-17-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:00 AM   #432
MEK
DIS Veteran

Oh Yikes to Skip needing hip surgery in January. At least he's getting it done in the winter. I wish him the best and hope all goes well. I'm sure you'll keep us up to date.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #433
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Oh Yikes to Skip needing hip surgery in January. At least he's getting it done in the winter. I wish him the best and hope all goes well. I'm sure you'll keep us up to date.
I know. I really am not looking forward to it ...again. WE did it on the other hip in 2010, then again he had it rereplaced in 2011 just under a years time. The Dr gave him the run around and in the end it did not adhere correctly and was just floating around inside. So we will go all through 2012 with a surgery, but back at in in early 2013.
This time it's a new procedure that this Dr actually invented. I do not like this Dr at all, but Skip is still going to him. So far from what we hear though, this new procedure is a lot less invasive and quicker healing time.
I am trying to stay positive. But the good Lordi s testing me. It's not joyful to wait on a husband who can't get around one time, let alone a third time.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:06 PM   #434
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I know. I really am not looking forward to it ...again. WE did it on the other hip in 2010, then again he had it rereplaced in 2011 just under a years time. The Dr gave him the run around and in the end it did not adhere correctly and was just floating around inside. So we will go all through 2012 with a surgery, but back at in in early 2013.
This time it's a new procedure that this Dr actually invented. I do not like this Dr at all, but Skip is still going to him. So far from what we hear though, this new procedure is a lot less invasive and quicker healing time.
I am trying to stay positive. But the good Lordi s testing me. It's not joyful to wait on a husband who can't get around one time, let alone a third time.
I didn't realize Skip had to have surgery again! Ugh! I sure hope this is the fix for good.

How are the emails coming along?
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:34 PM   #435
perfectmatch300
United We Stand
Will ride anything with "roller coaster" in the name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Hope Skip's hip replacement goes well. I know first hand what he's going through, having had one done myself. I've been fortunate enough that mine has worked out very well, but it took a lot of rehab to get me to the point I'm at now. Personally, I thought walking around Disney parks was great rehab!

I know you have a lot to do, but I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your TR.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: