Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board > Exchanges
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 12:13 AM   #31
Evita_W
DIS Veteran

Happy Wedensday!! It is almost time for names to go out!! Yea, I am a little excited!! We are up to 10!! That is a FANTASTIC turnout...I am excited to see what everyone gets...

Deb...an ELF is somebody that sends out to someone if somebody backs out at the last minute...doesn't always happens, but just in case we like to see who would be willing to send out... sometime people sign up and then do not follow through...

Question #4--What other beverages do you enjoy besides tea?

Mine has to be LEMONADE!! I just LOVE all different flavors of it! (and the BEST Lemonade comes from Hot Dog on a Stick!!) I like most Crystal Light, but I can't drink it all the time...sometimes the artifical sweetneers they use make me ...but being Diabetic, I have to be careful with most drinks anyway...

Question #5--Do you collect any "tea things"?

No, but my FIL does... He LOVEs his teapots!! The good thing, it makes Birthdays and Christmas easy to shop for... I have thought about collecting teacups...

Hope everyone is having a FANTASTIC week!! One more day of school for me, and then I am off for the weekend...GREAT WEEKEND TO BUY FOR A TEA EXCHANGE!!!
Old 11-15-2012, 07:49 AM   #32
Meriweather
Maybe we will have an arrival or two today
Time to share your chocolate!

Besides tea, it is mostly water with an occasional diet coke thrown in.

Don't collect anything tea related. DMIL used to collect china tea cups, so yes, make gift giving easier.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2012, 04:57 PM   #33
disneydreamgirl
DIS Veteran

My alternate drink is water...I don't enjoy pop and I like to limit my sugar, so I don't feel left out as I don't really enjoy sweet drinks.

I like to collect tea items of almost any sort. I have many unique tins for keeping tea in and more teapots than one household needs. I also have a good variety of infusers (although I am partial to only a couple).

My mother had a trousseau of fine china tea cups, all different with lovely designs and colours, and I recall as a child how special it was to be able to choose a cup and enjoy the company of my aunties and my mom's friends as we sipped our tea. I still love those tea cups and I'm pretty sure they were my first inspiration as a tea lover!
DCL Fantasy-Oct'14 First-time cruisers!
disneydreamgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:05 PM   #34
DisneyBelle99
DIS Veteran

Hot tea, decaf sugar free iced tea, and the half lemonade/ half ice tea combo are my usual drinks, and then water. Used to live on Diet Coke, but not in 2 years now.

I do love tea collectibles, have some cute Disney Mary Engelbreit stuff up in my kitchen. I also like to give tea related gifts to my friend because we used to dream that we would leave our high stress jobs as Nurses for patients with very high risk pregnancies, and open a tea shop, and sell pretty Victorian things and tea.

Actually, I did leave, but took another job as a Nurse, and she still works with high risk pregnancy patients.
DisneyBelle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #35
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

I do keep a jar with herbal tea bags and water in the refrigerator in the summer. I also grow lots of spearmint, so I often make hot tea with that and then ice it.

I do drink coffee in the mornings, rarely other times. So, I figure that's my caffeine intake, the rest of the time I drink herbal tea or water. Very very rarely, I will have a pop.

Celestial Teas gives a free tin every so many years, and I have a few of them.

Oh yes, every once in a while, I buy honey sticks, and put that in my tea. This is very rare, but if I find lemon or orange flavored honey sticks, I've been known to buy them.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:34 PM   #36
Evita_W
DIS Veteran

Alrighty EVERYOBODY!! It is time to pick up our names!! Hopefully everyone got the name they wanted...sorry if some of you are sending close to you, but we had MANY on the east coast for this one...

ENJOY!! Can't wait to hear all the WONDERFUL exchanges!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: