Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #1801
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus
 
kelleigh1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Behind Gillette Stadium
Posts: 7,700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Room View Post
I heard a rumor that the F&W may be extended next year because Thanksgiving falls later in November. Another week of F&W would be great!
Ugh - please no! We want to go back next year, but not during F&W. And we also have to go before Thanksgiving because of hubby's job, so that seriously limits our options if they extend F&W.
__________________

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA







kelleigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:27 AM   #1802
Empress Room
Mouseketeer
 
Empress Room's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 386

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
Ugh - please no! We want to go back next year, but not during F&W. And we also have to go before Thanksgiving because of hubby's job, so that seriously limits our options if they extend F&W.
Seriously? You would cancel a trip to WDW simply because the F&W Festival is at Epcot? Besides the fact that there are three other parks without the food and wine festival, even if you disliked F&W that much, I cannot imagine canceling a trip to the resort over it. You could simply a) visit Future World or b) avoid the food booths and kiosks or c) experience the many other attractions and rides in the other theme parks, water parks and Downtown Disney . If you are concerned about crowds, the crowds generated by F&W do not seriously affect your ability to enjoy the attractions and rides at Epcot, at least in my experience. Most of we F&W fans are too busy eating and drinking to be going on the rides!
Empress Room is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-19-2012, 08:52 AM   #1803
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus
 
kelleigh1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Behind Gillette Stadium
Posts: 7,700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Room View Post
Seriously? You would cancel a trip to WDW simply because the F&W Festival is at Epcot? Besides the fact that there are three other parks without the food and wine festival, even if you disliked F&W that much, I cannot imagine canceling a trip to the resort over it. You could simply a) visit Future World or b) avoid the food booths and kiosks or c) experience the many other attractions and rides in the other theme parks, water parks and Downtown Disney . If you are concerned about crowds, the crowds generated by F&W do not seriously affect your ability to enjoy the attractions and rides at Epcot, at least in my experience. Most of we F&W fans are too busy eating and drinking to be going on the rides!
I didn't say anything about "canceling" because of F&W. But we are trying to schedule around it so we can avoid it, IF we do decide to take a trip in 2013. And it's hard to cancel something that isn't even booked yet.
__________________

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA







kelleigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:32 AM   #1804
LisaS
DIS Veteran
 
LisaS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: MA & AKV/BWV/VWL
Posts: 10,227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Room View Post
Seriously? You would cancel a trip to WDW simply because the F&W Festival is at Epcot? Besides the fact that there are three other parks without the food and wine festival, even if you disliked F&W that much, I cannot imagine canceling a trip to the resort over it. You could simply a) visit Future World or b) avoid the food booths and kiosks or c) experience the many other attractions and rides in the other theme parks, water parks and Downtown Disney . If you are concerned about crowds, the crowds generated by F&W do not seriously affect your ability to enjoy the attractions and rides at Epcot, at least in my experience. Most of we F&W fans are too busy eating and drinking to be going on the rides!
I would add to this that it can be easier to get ADRs at the Epcot restaurants during F&W because many guests are opting to eat at the booths. It can make it a bit easier to get into some places if, like me, you don't book your ADRs until a few months out.
__________________
LisaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:35 AM   #1805
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate
 
TDC Nala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far enough outside the Beltway
Posts: 59,266
DISboards Moderator

I am hoping they don't extend a full week too as I'm interested in catching Big Bad Voodoo Daddy if they close the festival again, and if that's not going to be the holiday weekend (Veterans Day) maybe I will do something else with it. I may have to go on the holiday weekend so I may just book it anyway. But I would hate to miss them by a week because the closing of the festival was extended that far.
__________________
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #1806
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate
 
TDC Nala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far enough outside the Beltway
Posts: 59,266
DISboards Moderator

I think the time has come to unstick and let the thread go for another year...
__________________
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:46 PM   #1807
PixieRDJames
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
I am hoping they don't extend a full week too as I'm interested in catching Big Bad Voodoo Daddy if they close the festival again, and if that's not going to be the holiday weekend (Veterans Day) maybe I will do something else with it. I may have to go on the holiday weekend so I may just book it anyway. But I would hate to miss them by a week because the closing of the festival was extended that far.
I was there this year and just the one day extension impeded the xmas decorating at Epcot. I wasn't impressed with the quality of food or the number of drunks - security was out in much larger numbers than I've ever seen it in the past (I've been attending F & W since '97). It was stunning the number of drunk parents pushing strollers - it's supposed to be for foodies enjoying and experiencing different cuisines. It's turning into Ceder Point at spring break - not impressed.
PixieRDJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #1808
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate
 
TDC Nala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far enough outside the Beltway
Posts: 59,266
DISboards Moderator

Since the thread is back, the announced dates for 2013 are September 27 through November 10. The 11th has not been mentioned as a festival date although it is a holiday.

Crowds were way up last year, even on weekdays. and if they get that tap to pay technology we won't need wristbanded gift cards.
__________________
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:06 PM   #1809
oybolshoi
You say vacation addict like it's a bad thing...Viva le Mochaccino!!!
Trips on painted lines in parking lots
Plankton's evil minion
 
oybolshoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: OFallon, Missouri
Posts: 11,861

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieRDJames View Post
I was there this year and just the one day extension impeded the xmas decorating at Epcot. I wasn't impressed with the quality of food or the number of drunks - security was out in much larger numbers than I've ever seen it in the past (I've been attending F & W since '97). It was stunning the number of drunk parents pushing strollers - it's supposed to be for foodies enjoying and experiencing different cuisines. It's turning into Ceder Point at spring break - not impressed.
I've never been impressed with cedar point, either.
__________________
2009 Food Reviews: Pie That Brownie, Fruitcake!
2008 Food Reviews: We Smelled It; It Had to be Eaten!
2007 Food Reviews: Hungry are the Damned!!
2007 Food Reviews: The Food was not Undelicious!
2006 Food Reviews: As God As My Witness, I'll Never Be Hungry Again!


Join us on the community board for non-Disney food porn and continued good-time tomfoolery: Bendy-Friendies V.4
Feeling Adventurous? Visit Our Food & Travel Blog: Gastropod Travels
oybolshoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:23 PM   #1810
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!
 
BriarRosie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 11,165

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Since the thread is back, the announced dates for 2013 are September 27 through November 10. The 11th has not been mentioned as a festival date although it is a holiday.

Crowds were way up last year, even on weekdays. and if they get that tap to pay technology we won't need wristbanded gift cards.
Ooh, I'd like the tap to pay Magic + wristbands if they are more comfortable than the festival gift card wristbands.
__________________
BriarRosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: