Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #1081
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
And even with the higher cruise prices, there are ways to save (although it takes quite a bit of effort). You can do the Target and/or Kroger fuel points gift card thing to save anywhere from 5-15% on the cruise price. Then, transferring the res to Costco will save another 8-10%. Really helps to get that price down for those of us on tight budgets.
Wow I didn't know you could transfer to Costco after it was paid for.
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:27 PM   #1082
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
i'm in shock over the cash prices. They're usually more, but seems way more expensive this time.

Was so excited to see one would be offered during one of our upcoming vacation weeks until i checked the point charts.

Over $1,000 pp for an 11c and $1,505 pp for a 5a
Over $1,000 for a 4-night in September?! Methinks DCL has gotten too big for its britches!
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 02:51 PM   #1083
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
Over $1,000 for a 4-night in September?! Methinks DCL has gotten too big for its britches!
That's outrageous especially since there has been a few DVC discounts on 7 night Fantasy cruises.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
kaseyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:10 PM   #1084
mgroshans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
, but there will be members that will pay that price for cash or points. You won't see us doing that!
mgroshans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #1085
mouseymommy
I love the smell of Pirates

Quote:
Before RCI's Monarch of the Seas moved to Port Canaveral to do Bahamas cruises, it used to sail out of San Pedro year 'round. The ship did a 4-night (M-F) cruise that went to San Diego, Catalina Island, and Ensenada (I was on that cruise), and a 3-night (F-Sun) that cruised just to Ensenada. Had DCL alternated the 7-night Mexican Riviera cruises with 3 and 4-night cruises, they might've had enough business to keep a ship on the west coast in 2013.
My family is planning a 4 night cruise this June on Carnival. My DH was in the Navy and he knows he won't get sea sick, but the rest of us have never been on a cruise. It's our "tester". We will go to Catalina and Ensenada, and have a day at sea. I would have loved to have that option from DCL! I was really surprised when I started looking at cruises, that DCL didn't sail out of LA. I hope they open up to it at some point.
mouseymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #1086
DCL Repeaters
DCL addicts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseymommy View Post
My family is planning a 4 night cruise this June on Carnival. My DH was in the Navy and he knows he won't get sea sick, but the rest of us have never been on a cruise. It's our "tester". We will go to Catalina and Ensenada, and have a day at sea. I would have loved to have that option from DCL! I was really surprised when I started looking at cruises, that DCL didn't sail out of LA. I hope they open up to it at some point.

Just my personal opinion, but Ensenada is not a family friendly port of call. Wish we stayed on the ship during the recent Hawaiian cruise that stopped in Ensenada.
DCL Repeaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:15 PM   #1087
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
DCL does sail out of LA right now - on 7-night Mexican Riviera cruises. However, the last MR cruise is December 2nd, and then the Wonder will reposition through the Panama Canal to Miami.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:18 PM   #1088
mouseymommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCL Repeaters View Post
Just my personal opinion, but Ensenada is not a family friendly port of call. Wish we stayed on the ship during the recent Hawaiian cruise that stopped in Ensenada.
Really?! Could you tell me why? It will be me, DH, my step sons aged 17 and 15, and my DS11, and DS6. I have heard those are party cruises, but I though it would be fun for the 2 teens, especially. I know about all the violence in Mexico, is that why? Would it be bad if we stayed close to the port? Is that possible? Now I'm nervous!!
Old 11-16-2012, 04:19 PM   #1089
mouseymommy

Quote:
DCL does sail out of LA right now - on 7-night Mexican Riviera cruises. However, the last MR cruise is December 2nd, and then the Wonder will reposition through the Panama Canal to Miami.
I bet I missed that because of the dates I was searching. Thanks for the info!
Old 11-16-2012, 04:31 PM   #1090
DCL Repeaters
DCL addicts

Quote:
Really?! Could you tell me why? It will be me, DH, my step sons aged 17 and 15, and my DS11, and DS6. I have heard those are party cruises, but I though it would be fun for the 2 teens, especially. I know about all the violence in Mexico, is that why? Would it be bad if we stayed close to the port? Is that possible? Now I'm nervous!!
Unless you're planning to do a shore excursion, the 'shopping' area was a little to be desired. There were groups of people from the Carnival ship in port (sorry, can't remember the name) that were drunk and rowdy around town and on the shuttle bus with us on the way back to port. Saw the cruise director in port hanging tightly on to his children.
There is nothing much close to port that I saw. Where DCL docked there were a few stores right in the terminal. Otherwise there is a shuttle bus for $3.00 round trip to take you into the 'shopping district'. We stuck with 4 other people from the ship (that we didn't know!) but all felt safer as a group. I've been to many Mexican ports of call over the years and I personally place Ensenada right up there with Acapulco.
DCL Repeaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #1091
mouseymommy

Quote:
Unless you're planning to do a shore excursion, the 'shopping' area was a little to be desired. There were groups of people from the Carnival ship in port (sorry, can't remember the name) that were drunk and rowdy around town and on the shuttle bus with us on the way back to port. Saw the cruise director in port hanging tightly on to his children.
There is nothing much close to port that I saw. Where DCL docked there were a few stores right in the terminal. Otherwise there is a shuttle bus for $3.00 round trip to take you into the 'shopping district'. We stuck with 4 other people from the ship (that we didn't know!) but all felt safer as a group. I've been to many Mexican ports of call over the years and I personally place Ensenada right up there with Acapulco.
I haven't been to Mexico for about 10 years now, and that was to Tijuana. All I would want to do would be get some good Mexican food. Luckily, if we stay on the ship in Mexico, I can get good Mexican food at home! This trip is mostly just an experiment to see if the kids and I can handle the motion of the ship. And hopefully we'll have some fun too. As long as this goes well my DH and I want to do a romantic cruise in 2014, and then a family cruise in 2015 on DCL.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #1092
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Yes, the drug violence has taken its toll on tourism. First they stopped sailing to Mazatlan, and now they're discontinuing the Mexican Riviera cruises.

DCL will be sailing to Alaska next summer, so after the Wonder sails back through the Panama Canal, there's a repositioning cruise from Los Angeles to Vancouver in May.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:20 PM   #1093
Computer Magic
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Quote:
[QUOTE=mouseymommy;46727297]
Quote:
There is nothing much close to port that I saw. Where DCL docked there were a few stores right in the terminal. Otherwise there is a shuttle bus for $3.00 round trip to take you into the 'shopping district'. We stuck with 4 other people from the ship (that we didn't know!) but all felt safer as a group. I've been to many Mexican ports of call over the years and I personally place Ensenada right up there with Acapulco.[/QUOTE

I haven't been to Mexico for about 10 years now, and that was to Tijuana. All I would want to do would be get some good Mexican food. Luckily, if we stay on the ship in Mexico, I can get good Mexican food at home! This trip is mostly just an experiment to see if the kids and I can handle the motion of the ship. And hopefully we'll have some fun too. As long as this goes well my DH and I want to do a romantic cruise in 2014, and then a family cruise in 2015 on DCL.
Totally agree. We did the Pixar Cruise and there was a stop in Ensenada. We didn't feel safe. We went or a port adventure for Taste of Mexico. We took a brief walk around town. We were approached by multiple people asking for handouts, selling or trying to push us into a store. We couldn't wait to get on the bus to get back to the ship.

I didn't see anything withing walking distance.
Computer Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:55 PM   #1094
peterpan47
All our dreams come true if we have the courage to pursue them...Walter E. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post
Yes, the drug violence has taken its toll on tourism. First they stopped sailing to Mazatlan, and now they're discontinuing the Mexican Riviera cruises.

DCL will be sailing to Alaska next summer, so after the Wonder sails back through the Panama Canal, there's a repositioning cruise from Los Angeles to Vancouver in May.
A another 5 day repo in Sept from Vancouver to LA

Cruises:
Past: DCL Wonder, 5/2014; Golden Princess (Pacific Coastal, 11/13); DCL Fantasy (West. Caribbean, 5/2013); DCL Wonder (Alaska, 5/2012); DCL Wonder (Mex.Riviera, 10/2011); DCL Dream (Inaugural Cruise, 1/2011); RCI Monarch (Bahamas, 9/2009), DCL Wonder (Bahamas, 8/2008)
Future: DCL Magic (Eastern Caribbean) 10/26/14; DCL Wonder (CTNowhere), 5/15/2015; DCL Magic (Northern Europe) 5/30/15; DCL Wonder (CTNowhere), 10/9/2015; DCL Wonder (Baja, Calif) 10/11/2015

Theme Parks:
Disneyland (Too many to count); WDW (2013, 2011, 2009, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002); Universal Orlando (Harry Potter; 2013, 2011); Universal LA (Numerous)

peterpan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:49 PM   #1095
axfather
Mouseketeer

Bump

Bump
axfather is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: