Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 05:28 PM   #1
AuroraRosesMom
Yes, they named her after the dawn, for she filled their lives with sunshine.

The Wave and the Tuna

Good evening! The following post is all about the tuna...

I'm contemplating my current lunch reservation for the Wave. I love that they are using local, sustainable seafood and I have a serious love of Ahi Tuna. However, I have been reading so-so reviews. Has anyone had the Mediterranean Tuna Salad? Is it very delicious? The reason I am contemplating changing the reservation is, I've been attempting to snag a Be Our Guest dinner reservation ... BUT, I understand that lunch at BOG does not need a reservation AND has a seared tuna steak. I'm a little skeptical on the quality since it is counter service? But, I really just want to be able to see BOG! Anyhow. Any insight is appreciated.

Also, I understand that Narcoossee has an Ahi Tuna dish, and better quality. The only thing holding me back is that I'm not sure if I feel like contending with my two-year-old there, or is it still pretty kid friendly? He's getting better in restaurants, but I'm not sure that I want to chance it.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:04 AM   #2
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

BOG does not have a whole seared tuna steak. They have a tuna nicoise salad that comes with three slices of seared tuna steak. I didnt eat it, my friend did, it looks very good. But it is not a large portion and it costs about $14 now.
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 08:12 AM   #3
jedi jen
Mouseketeer

I had a ahi tuna salad at the Wave for lunch about a year ago. I cannot remember what it was called. It was delicious and one of my favorite meals (we do deluxe dining and eat at signatures most nights). My DBF had a reuben and it was delicious too. We loved our lunch so much went ate there again and had the exact same thing. I went to the Wave for dinner this past summer and did not enjoy it so much. I just read the ingredients. My salad was on mixed springs. The seared tuna was great.
Planning 2014 Christmas trip at CR/Universal's RPR; First split stay July 2012-PBH-Universal/CR/Dolphin; Pop in November 2011-just me and DBF ; Poly in August 2008; July 2007 CR; July 2006 CR; Several trips offsite pre-2006

jedi jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
AuroraRosesMom
Yes, they named her after the dawn, for she filled their lives with sunshine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
BOG does not have a whole seared tuna steak. They have a tuna nicoise salad that comes with three slices of seared tuna steak. I didnt eat it, my friend did, it looks very good. But it is not a large portion and it costs about $14 now.
Ah I see, a salad too. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi jen View Post
I had a ahi tuna salad at the Wave for lunch about a year ago. I cannot remember what it was called. It was delicious and one of my favorite meals (we do deluxe dining and eat at signatures most nights). My DBF had a reuben and it was delicious too. We loved our lunch so much went ate there again and had the exact same thing. I went to the Wave for dinner this past summer and did not enjoy it so much. I just read the ingredients. My salad was on mixed springs. The seared tuna was great.
Nice. Glad to hear you liked the lunch better. I think the lunch menu sounded more appealing. I think I will still with the Wave then. I'll get to BOG soon enough and will keep trying to get a dinner reservation anyhow!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: