Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #1
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....

Tree houses

When I was a little kid, I remember getting a WDW vacation planning video that my dad had ordered when we were planning a trip (that we never went on). I remember on the video & in the little resorts pamphlet that is included that there were tree houses as one of the resorts you can stay in. I know they are no longer in existance, unless I am totally missing something. But, I cannot seem to find any info on them. I would love to show my son. Or, am I totally creating these tree houses? I always thought they were so cool & that was where I wanted to stay.

Thank you for any input

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
dizneekrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:58 PM   #2
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

The Treehouse Villas are there, they are listed under SSR when looking them up online!

Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #3
Notso
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
The Treehouse Villas are there, they are listed under SSR when looking them up online!
Yep! We stayed there last trip and loved them!

WDW: 6/84 CR; 6/90 CR; 4/93 GF; 6/2003 GF Honeymoon; 2/11 Fabulous trip in Disney's Treehouse Villas! First time for the girls, and we even got to open the MK! 2/13 Wonderful Boardwalk Villas trip

Disneyland: 10/11, 11/12, and surprising our girls 7/13

DCL: 2014. My go-go-go self has to learn to cruise.

Last edited by Notso; 07-09-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Notso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:12 PM   #4
TXGRMAMA
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneekrazee View Post
When I was a little kid, I remember getting a WDW vacation planning video that my dad had ordered when we were planning a trip (that we never went on). I remember on the video & in the little resorts pamphlet that is included that there were tree houses as one of the resorts you can stay in. I know they are no longer in existance, unless I am totally missing something. But, I cannot seem to find any info on them. I would love to show my son. Or, am I totally creating these tree houses? I always thought they were so cool & that was where I wanted to stay.

Thank you for any input
The original treehouses from the 80's are gone now. Torn down when they were building DVC. But approx. 3 years ago, they built NEW treehouses. They do not look like the original ones. But they are neat. Each is a three bedroom villa with a full kitchen and a private balcony. They are situated so that each is secluded with a private feel surrounded by trees. These are DVC villas so you need to use DVC points or try to get them for cash from WDTC/CRP. But they are VERY popular and book up quickly. They are attached to Saratoga Springs.
TXGRMAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #5
indigoxtreme
DIS Veteran

You used to be able to see the origianl ones on the river ride from POR to Downtown Disney. They were still there 5 years agao, but I guess from what posters are saying they are all gone now.
Here is a picture of the origianl ones
May 2014 POR Birthday trip for Jeremy and After school trip for the Granddaughters. September 2013 POR April 2013 POR July-2012 POR 05-09 POFQ 11-07 POR with Family & Friends Granmaz and John 09-07 POR with Granddaughters 10-06 MNSSHP POFQ 02-06 POFQ 30th Anniv 9-05 POFQ 4-00 Son's Marching Band at Magic Kindom 7-96 Ft Wilderness Cabins Prior times in DTD Hotels when they were treated as Disney Guest.
indigoxtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #6
nolanboys
DIS Veteran

The new ones are great! We stayed there last spring break with the kids and they loved them. It was so nice to not worry about the noise that my 4 boys were making.You can check them out at SSR. To me, they are a boy's dream. They feel seculeded, but are a short walk to the main section of SSR.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:31 AM   #7
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....

Thank you everybody, I found them, but they are not at all what I remember
I know my boys would still love it, I have 3 of them, and the little 2 are very loud & wild. Maybe I could get us in for even 1-2 nights before moving over to another resort. I don't have DVC (yet), but, as a Cast Member, I am sure I can find a way to get us one!! Lol

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
dizneekrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:56 AM   #8
parlay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneekrazee View Post
Thank you everybody, I found them, but they are not at all what I remember
I know my boys would still love it, I have 3 of them, and the little 2 are very loud & wild. Maybe I could get us in for even 1-2 nights before moving over to another resort. I don't have DVC (yet), but, as a Cast Member, I am sure I can find a way to get us one!! Lol
You don't need to be DVC, you can also book them through CRO! They really are very roomy! We enjoyed our stay there.

parlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #9
ginabina
Earning My Ears

Question Treehouses

Has anyone stayed in the treehouses without a car. We are going in January and Have heard we will need a car or be waiting alot!
Old 11-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #10
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginabina View Post
Has anyone stayed in the treehouses without a car. We are going in January and Have heard we will need a car or be waiting alot!
There is a bus that will come to pick you up to take you to SSR-Grandstand to catch a Theme park bus. Or you can walk from the THV to the main areas at SSR.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:35 PM   #11
Notso
Mouseketeer

I really wouldn't stay there without a car. The treehouses are pretty far from the main building of SSR. It would be an in-resort bus ride to the main stops or a long walk.

WDW: 6/84 CR; 6/90 CR; 4/93 GF; 6/2003 GF Honeymoon; 2/11 Fabulous trip in Disney's Treehouse Villas! First time for the girls, and we even got to open the MK! 2/13 Wonderful Boardwalk Villas trip

Disneyland: 10/11, 11/12, and surprising our girls 7/13

DCL: 2014. My go-go-go self has to learn to cruise.
Notso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #12
artnerds
That's just unproFESSIONAL, gurl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginabina
We absolutely loved our stay in the Treehouse Villas. We just got back a few weeks ago. We did not have a car, and it was really no problem at all.

On your check in and check out days, valets will transport you on a golf cart with your luggage so you don't have to lug it around. When we didn't want to wait for the shuttle, we didn't mind the roughly 10 minute walk to the main part of the resort. Although they don't tell you this, if you're getting a bus to one of the parks, it's actually closer to walk to the Grandstand bus stop rather than to the Springs stop near the main buildings.

Keep in mind, however, that we were all able-bodied adults in our group. I could definitely see it being an issue if you had very small children or people with mobility problems in your group.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: