Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 12:14 PM   #136
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout
Hello to all! Happy Friday, lovely ladies...

Melissa: Please take it easy. We need to have you in one piece so you can give us reports on your trip.

Janet: Yaaaay another update. Lovin' the pics.

Jen: Those ADRS look GREAT! How's the man-flu DH doing? Hoping he didn't share his germs with the rest of you!

---------------

Just picked up some more things for Thanksgiving. Seems to have sneaked up on us so quickly this year.
I am taking it easy today. Dishwasher needs to be unloaded so the sinks full of dishes can be loaded and laundry is sitting in the dryer. I am waiting for older DS to get home to do it all and it is killing me!!!!!!! I am not good at being an invalid.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 11-16-2012, 12:26 PM   #137
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Lost my cell phone .... but it is found again .... in my car!!!

Getting ready to do some grocery shopping for Thanksgiving. Whatever I forget today it's up to DH to fight the crowds!!!

Melissa take it easy!!!
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 12:26 PM   #138
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I am taking it easy today. Dishwasher needs to be unloaded so the sinks full of dishes can be loaded and laundry is sitting in the dryer. I am waiting for older DS to get home to do it all and it is killing me!!!!!!! I am not good at being an invalid.

Glad you're trying to take it easy ... but are you sure you're not a nurse, too? Bad patient, bad patient! (Funnily enough, I have all of those exact same things to do here! I have not a single reason why I'm not doing them though. Unloading the dishwasher is my absolute least, LEAST favourite chore ... ever. Once kiddo gets tall enough, that's her first real-deal chore. )
Old 11-16-2012, 12:28 PM   #139
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Lost my cell phone .... but it is found again .... in my car!!!

Getting ready to do some grocery shopping for Thanksgiving. Whatever I forget today it's up to DH to fight the crowds!!!

Melissa take it easy!!!
Hiya Linda!

I love your plan! Now, will you purposefully forget something to torture him? Our shops have been absolutely crazy since the weekend.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:49 PM   #140
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Just had to go pick up DS from school (got DD while I was there too). He was completely melting down saying he wanted to be dead. Funny thing is how his therapist called this morning and said how happy and loving he is. Somedays Autism sucks!!!! DISNEY TAKE ME AWAY!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:

Old 11-16-2012, 02:40 PM   #141
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just had to go pick up DS from school (got DD while I was there too). He was completely melting down saying he wanted to be dead. Funny thing is how his therapist called this morning and said how happy and loving he is. Somedays Autism sucks!!!! DISNEY TAKE ME AWAY!!!!!

Geez. I'm sorry things have been so rough for your family lately. Hang in there!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 11-16-2012, 02:41 PM   #142
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
I am hurting tonight ladies I guess maybe I am doing too much. But this makes me nervous for Disney in 2 weeks. I am doing Thanksgiving at my house so you know I am not resting next week. I need a miracle right now!!!! Dr said 4-6 weeks but for some silly reason at week 3 I was hoping for less pain.

Hope you are feeling better today.

I am in my pre-holiday funk not sure how I am going to get around to start packing for the trip plus DMil who has not gone to the Dr since Dec of '09 must be feeling poorly since she went yesterday and is finally back on her BP meds blood work will not be back until Monday so I just have a really bad feeling I been harping forever to Bob to get her to go see the Dr but where his Mom is concerned he is like a little boy and won't push her. My God she is 79 it is time he mans up. Ok vent over

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 11-17-2012, 07:22 AM   #143
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Burger King/ Starbucks stop on the Jersey turnpike... next stop Chik-fil-a
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 11-17-2012, 09:33 AM   #144
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse

Geez. I'm sorry things have been so rough for your family lately. Hang in there!
Today is a new day and I have a positive attitude (and even have make up on, lol)!!! Together my family can get through anything....some days are just harder than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314

Hope you are feeling better today.

I am in my pre-holiday funk not sure how I am going to get around to start packing for the trip plus DMil who has not gone to the Dr since Dec of '09 must be feeling poorly since she went yesterday and is finally back on her BP meds blood work will not be back until Monday so I just have a really bad feeling I been harping forever to Bob to get her to go see the Dr but where his Mom is concerned he is like a little boy and won't push her. My God she is 79 it is time he mans up. Ok vent over
Oh boy, men!!! Well hopefully her bloodwork will come back and shed light onto while she isn't feeling well. Take one day at a time and when you feel up to it just start making a few packing piles

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal
Burger King/ Starbucks stop on the Jersey turnpike... next stop Chik-fil-a
Woohoo!!!!

My Trip Reports:

Old 11-17-2012, 10:27 AM   #145
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Good morning, from yes, the Library . As much as I miss TV, I have to say no Internet is the tough one! I have retaught myself how to play Backgammon, Hearts and so on. I guess this is what we did in the "good old days"

babyberger, hang in there, it will get better. Just let other people help you and get excited for Disney!

sjs, I know the Holidays are hard, plus add in your MIL and her issues. UGGG. Sending you lots of hugs!!! You are getting close to your trip, I would imagine the pas girl's photos that Janet posted would get you excited. Seeing that Castle lit up, the beautiful decorated trees, the food...all good! .

miss, my DH retired a number of years ago, at an early age for retirement. Over the first year or so there were a number of household chores he took over (trying to be helpful), one being doing the dishes and loading and unloading the dishwasher. Now he thinks he is the only one who can do the job correctly, ha, who am I to argue?!

DetTigsGal, you are your way! Thanksgiving at WDW . Look forward to hearing about your trip!!!

Jenny, yay for getting the ADRs you wanted!

Grumpy Grandma, glad you found your phone! Sounds like you are cooking for Thanksgiving. I love the family time of the holiday, but the grocery store, UGGG. I will be there tomorrow morning.

I am sure pas is busy now that she is home, but looking forward to hearing about her trip!

to everyone I missed!
Old 11-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #146
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone!

Sarah: Yes, in the good ole days we had lots more conversations too didn't we??? Hope you are feeling good these days...

Miss: Yes DH is over that dreaded 'man flu', it wasn't pretty! And yes I heard him say a couple of times 'you don't care about me!!' Yes I do care, but boy sometimes he needs to just suck it up a wee bit!

DetTigGal: Oh yeah baby!! Have an amazing trip!!

Sheila: Hope all is well with MIL.

Melissa: So glad to hear you are having a better day...hugs

Well, I am off to a Girl Guide 'mom and Me' sleepover with DD6 tonight. Lots of crafts and games and a nature hike in the morning. I am not exactly the most crafty person, but I will try my best!! I have to look at it as good bonding time for her and I. We don't get too much time alone.

Before that though we are seeing Wreck it Ralph this afternoon...I am excited!

Have a good weekend all.

Jen
Old 11-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #147
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

I have a change to report!!!

So, I've been absent for a couple of days...we've just been very busy. DD8's musical - The Velveteen Rabbit, is in full swing!! We saw the show today and are very proud of our (not so) little girl!

Anywho, we have decided to make a change to our trip....
We have decided....because we are spending sooooo much on Christmas, plus we both need tires for our cars ....we will be staying in a royal room at POR!!!

I have not told the girls as they have said they will just have the resort be a surprise. DH and I are happy with the $1300 savings!!! I was also surprised that I could get a standard view room because when I had called about POR several weeks ago they only had river view available, which ate into the savings.

Also funny...at the end of my conversation with "Buck" he says "nooooooo way"...I was alarmed and he started to laugh...he said..."we have spoken before...I helped you with a Magical Express issue back in August"

I told him I call a lot and that's bound to happen, he said that there was quite an extensive file...and that he was glad to help me again...

So, POR, here we come!! Oh, and our reservation is PIF!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL

Last edited by Mousemommy1; 11-17-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:23 PM   #148
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
So, I've been absent for a couple of days...we've just been very busy. DD8's musical - The Velveteen Rabbit, is in full swing!! We saw the show today and are very proud of our (not so) little girl!

We have decided....because we are spending sooooo much on Christmas, plus we both need tires for our cars ....we will be staying in a royal room at POR!!!

I have not told the girls as they have said they will just have the resort be a surprise. DH and I are happy with the $1300 savings!!! I was also surprised that I could get a standard view room because when I had called about POR several weeks ago they only had river view available, which ate into the savings.

Also funny...at the end of my conversation with "Buck" he says "nooooooo way"...I was alarmed and he started to laugh...he said..."we have spoken before...I helped you with a Magical Express issue back in August"

I told him I call a lot and that's bound to happen, he said that there was quite an extensive file...and that he was glad to help me again...

Great change and yay for PIF!

I've been eyeing POR myself. We could save over $1100 by changing our ONE GF night to POR. My head knows I should change, but my heart isn't letting me just yet.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 11-17-2012, 08:27 PM   #149
babyberger
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE="Jungle Cruiser"]Good morning, from yes, the Library . As much as I miss TV, I have to say no Internet is the tough one! I have retaught myself how to play Backgammon, Hearts and so on. I guess this is what we did in the "good old days"

babyberger, hang in there, it will get better. Just let other people help you and get excited for Disney!

/QUOTE]

I am so excited for Disney even if it is only for 2 nights, I can't wait to see all the decorations!!! And the kids are so excited for CR, so happiness all around no matter what is going on in our lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3
Hi everyone!
Melissa: So glad to hear you are having a better day...hugs

Well, I am off to a Girl Guide 'mom and Me' sleepover with DD6 tonight. Lots of crafts and games and a nature hike in the morning. I am not exactly the most crafty person, but I will try my best!! I have to look at it as good bonding time for her and I. We don't get too much time alone.

Before that though we are seeing Wreck it Ralph this afternoon...I am excited!

Have a good weekend all.

Jen
Hope you are having a good time with the crafts and nature hikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1

Well I am not surprised you finally made an RC I think it's a great choices and a good "grown up" decision. How is DD feeling after her second day of Velveteen Rabbit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse

I've been eyeing POR myself. We could save over $1100 by changing our ONE GF night to POR. My head knows I should change, but my heart isn't letting me just yet.
EEK, GASP, WHOA.....did you say SAVE $1100 for one night?????

My Trip Reports:

Old 11-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #150
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post

Wow!!! I haven't looked but that GF room must be expensive!!!

I don't think I could ever bring myself to pay that much, I wish I could!

We are planning on this trip being pretty park intensive with the FLE at MK and Test Track reopening, etc...so POR is a good fit for us not planning on being around too much.

[QUOTE=babyberger;46734256]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser
Good morning, from yes, the Library . As much as I miss TV, I have to say no Internet is the tough one! I have retaught myself how to play Backgammon, Hearts and so on. I guess this is what we did in the "good old days"

/QUOTE]

I am so excited for Disney even if it is only for 2 nights, I can't wait to see all the decorations!!! And the kids are so excited for CR, so happiness all around no matter what is going on in our lives

Hope you are having a good time with the crafts and nature hikes

Well I am not surprised you finally made an RC I think it's a great choices and a good "grown up" decision. How is DD feeling after her second day of Velveteen Rabbit?

EEK, GASP, WHOA.....did you say SAVE $1100 for one night?????

It's a very "grown up" decision...

I think we are going to have an amazing trip regardless!! My girls will LOVE the royal rooms!

DD8 has finished 3 out of 4 of her shows!!! Tomorrow is the last day and I am sooooo excited!!! Then we will only have to juggle between basketball and gymnastics!!!

We saw the show today and it was great!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: