Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #16
DVC-Don
DIS Veteran

Location: Saratoga County, New York and Poinciana (Solivita), Florida in the winters

We did connecting verdana rooms for 5 of us once. Made a big difference as I'm sure connecting inside cabins would.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #17
GatorMomInNC
DIS Veteran

I have an IGT for an upcoming cruise, 2A2K, and my concern is that I will get one of the smaller rooms and not one of the bigger ones. Does anyone know if those smaller rooms fit 4, or maybe they will have to give me a bigger room because there are 4 of us? This is on the Fantasy.
GatorMomInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 11:50 AM   #18
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMomInNC View Post
I have an IGT for an upcoming cruise, 2A2K, and my concern is that I will get one of the smaller rooms and not one of the bigger ones. Does anyone know if those smaller rooms fit 4, or maybe they will have to give me a bigger room because there are 4 of us? This is on the Fantasy.
If you booked an IGT for 4 people, they have to give you a cabin that sleeps 4. The smallest rooms only sleep 3 (we had one for 2 of us, which was fine). However, you got a great deal on the IGT. By accepting that deal, you have agreed to cruise in literally any cabin on the ship that holds 4 people.

So far, all the recorded histories I've seen indicate that they are not using the smallest or other "less desirable" cabins to fill the *GTs. For instance, I've read of IGTs getting oceanview cabins and VGTs getting cat 4s.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:53 AM   #19
GatorMomInNC
DIS Veteran

Awesome, thanks for the info! I'm okay with the inside room - I think the virtual porthole will be cool - I just didn't want to be in a room that is so much smaller than the OVs and verandah rooms.
GatorMomInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:51 PM   #20
Summerl30
Mouseketeer

We chose 2 inside staterooms for our upcoming cruise. We plan to sleep the kids in one and us in the other with the door open. Hopefully this plan works. They are too young to be in a room by themselves, though.

we thought of getting a balcony, but this was cheaper *AND* we got two full bathrooms (not split, though)
Summerl30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #21
5Dreamers
Mouseketeer

We had 2 connecting 11B rooms and it was cheaper than a Category 4 room for our cruise. My DD11 slept on the pulldown bed, she was 4 feet 11 inches at the time and seemed fine sleeping there.

We had early dinner seating, and always seemed in a hurry to get ready. I do have to say we enjoyed having the second bathroom. The magic porthole was great because we felt we could see outside, yet we could turn it off and have a dark room when we wanted to sleep. For $200, I'd get the connecting rooms.

Have a great cruise!

2014 - DCL - Disney Magic and MVMCP
2013 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside and MNSSHP
2012 - DCL - Disney Fantasy
2010 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside
5Dreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:56 PM   #22
sdKT
wonder 9.25.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerl30 View Post
We chose 2 inside staterooms for our upcoming cruise. We plan to sleep the kids in one and us in the other with the door open. Hopefully this plan works. They are too young to be in a room by themselves, though.

we thought of getting a balcony, but this was cheaper *AND* we got two full bathrooms (not split, though)
wow this is a great idea. i always thought 2 rooms would be crazy $$$.. what category did u end up with, may I ask? i also have 2 kids, too young to be alone, (7 and 2). thanks.
sdKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:40 PM   #23
kristinfly2
Mouseketeer

We had two connecting rooms on our cruise last week. There are 6 of us so we had too but it was awesome! Our kids are 11, 9(special needs), 5 and 3. It was so nice to have a "kids" room and an "adult" room! The two bathrooms were a lifesaver getting ready for dinner every night! It also gave DH and I more privacy. I so recommend 2 rooms!!!
kristinfly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #24
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdKT View Post
wow this is a great idea. i always thought 2 rooms would be crazy $$$.. what category did u end up with, may I ask? i also have 2 kids, too young to be alone, (7 and 2). thanks.
If you get connecting rooms, there is an interior door so it is essentially like a hotel with a "kid suite" area." Alternatively, you can forget a romantic cruise and sleep with one adult in each room (the same way you have to book.)

Whether 2 cabins is cheaper/same price or not depends on the dates and categories in question. However, it is ALWAYS good from the space concept.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #25
codex57
Earning My Ears

IF you really want to save money though, it's still worth considering to cram in just one inside.

It's a matter of perspective. Since you're from NC, you're prolly used to more space. However, it's a pretty common living condition in places like NYC, San Francisco, etc. If you ever took a trip there and booked a hotel, you'll likely be crammed in a similarly small hotel room. If you keep in mind that it's just temporary, it's a good experience to see how many people live (SIL's family has 2 adults and a 13 and 11 yr old all in one room about the size of a Disney cabin in San Francisco as their permanent home), and you're just in the room to sleep, it's totally doable. Then, you can use that other half of a verandah and do a week at Disney World or something.
codex57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #26
epgirl
Earning My Ears

The reason it's not much more expensive to book 2 inside cabins is because the 3rd and 4th passenger rates in a cabin are so close to the 1st and 2nd passenger rates! Disney has just about the highest 3rd and 4th passenger rates in the industry! Therefore, you're only paying a couple hundred dollars more to have 2 cabins with 2 passengers in each. My family of 4 and I (kids ages 4 and 5) cruised in an inside cabin on the Fantasy in April and I also figured out afterwards that I could've booked 2 inside cabins for just a few hundred dollars more. Maybe next time!
epgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #27
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

We spent 15-nights on the EBPC repo in a cat 10 and were fine. It was myself, DH, DS8 and DD6. There was extra storage room in the double steamer and I prefer the floor layout of the inside staterooms with the open area in the middle of the stateroom instead of at the end of the room where you have to walk around the main bed to get there. We have been in a cat 10 at least 3 times and for that difference in price, would do it again. We have found after 9 cruises that we aren't in the room much and there is room for everyone to sleep so that isn't a problem.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:38 PM   #28
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

We are a family of 4. My kids are 14 and 11

We cram into one cabin. We are not in there much. We prefer the layout of an inside. Plus, Dh hates the split bathrooms.
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:56 PM   #29
sdKT
wonder 9.25.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
If you get connecting rooms, there is an interior door so it is essentially like a hotel with a "kid suite" area." Alternatively, you can forget a romantic cruise and sleep with one adult in each room (the same way you have to book.)

Whether 2 cabins is cheaper/same price or not depends on the dates and categories in question. However, it is ALWAYS good from the space concept.
right i fully understand the connecting door like in hotels. and of course , 2 cabins = more space

i like having a verandah, just to go out stare into the ocean in my pjs in the morning. but its tight with 4 people and cost prohibitive to do 2 rooms with OV or V . maybe next time we can do 2 insides.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #30
sdKT
wonder 9.25.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsomewhere View Post
We are a family of 4. My kids are 14 and 11

We cram into one cabin. We are not in there much. We prefer the layout of an inside. Plus, Dh hates the split bathrooms.
that is too funny i liked having a tub in the bathroom (had a 9mo baby).
but otherwise we coulda done with 1.
ya the layout is annoying having to squeeze past the bed (we had a huge stroller too...)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: