Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #3871
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Looks like we'll be headed back to the CBR again in May, 2013. This will be our 9th stay there.

We were going to try a new moderate (CSR) but found out that there will be a convention there for two of our nights. That might not sound like a big deal but the convention ends on a Thursday and my thinking is that a lot of those folks will extend their visit on through the weekend. Before I changed back over to the CBR, I did some internet research and that same convention had over 1,300 attendees at their 2012 convention and it wasn't at Disney so you know good and well more are going to attend because of it's location. From what I've read, they are expecting 1,700 + in 2013.

I'm actually a bit relieved to know that we are going back to the CBR. Although we were excited about trying something new, we were also nervous that we would miss the Caribbean Beach.

Let the countdown to our 9th stay at the CBR and our 18th trip to Walt Disney World begin!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 11-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #3872
MsHershey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Looks like we'll be headed back to the CBR again in May, 2013. This will be our 9th stay there.

We were going to try a new moderate (CSR) but found out that there will be a convention there for two of our nights. That might not sound like a big deal but the convention ends on a Thursday and my thinking is that a lot of those folks will extend their visit on through the weekend. Before I changed back over to the CBR, I did some internet research and that same convention had over 1,300 attendees at their 2012 convention and it wasn't at Disney so you know good and well more are going to attend because of it's location. From what I've read, they are expecting 1,700 + in 2013.

I'm actually a bit relieved to know that we are going back to the CBR. Although we were excited about trying something new, we were also nervous that we would miss the Caribbean Beach.

Let the countdown to our 9th stay at the CBR and our 18th trip to Walt Disney World begin!
I have been reading your trip reports and was surprised when I read that y'all were goint to try out CSR. I understand sticking with something that works. We went on our first trip this past Sept and stayed at CBR. We were in the Martinique building and really enjoyed the resort. We are going back next Nov and are going to try out POR. That is if I don't change my mind before then.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #3873
3Leafs
DIS Veteran

I'm glad u like that place so well. I did enjoy the grounds and food court but we had the bad luck on Mousekeeping. Every night I had to call for extra coffee. I left notes everyday with a tip asking for just coffee. It was never restocked. It happens. I may stay a couple of nights with my son at the pirate rooms in March. I think ur will like them. Heading home now and counting down to spring break!
Old 11-16-2012, 09:52 AM   #3874
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsHershey View Post
I have been reading your trip reports and was surprised when I read that y'all were goint to try out CSR. I understand sticking with something that works. We went on our first trip this past Sept and stayed at CBR. We were in the Martinique building and really enjoyed the resort. We are going back next Nov and are going to try out POR. That is if I don't change my mind before then.
As you know, we threw POR into the mix when we were thinking about changing resorts. In the end, we thought that POR would feel too much like home since we are from Louisiana.

I think that we are going to request Martinique the next time simply because it's been a while since we've stayed in that section of the resort.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 11-16-2012, 09:59 AM   #3875
SplashMountainRules
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown

As you know, we threw POR into the mix when we were thinking about changing resorts. In the end, we thought that POR would feel too much like home since we are from Louisiana.

I think that we are going to request Martinique the next time simply because it's been a while since we've stayed in that section of the resort.
What is the best number call to put in a building request? The main reservation number?
Old 11-16-2012, 10:00 AM   #3876
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplashMountainRules View Post
What is the best number call to put in a building request? The main reservation number?
Yup!
Old 11-16-2012, 10:04 AM   #3877
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yay for another CBR stay! We are trying something new next year. We're renting points for a stay at BWV! But not staying at our "home" CBR has me a bit nervous.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #3878
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplashMountainRules View Post
I always call 407-W-DISNEY

Old 11-16-2012, 10:11 AM   #3879
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Yay for another CBR stay! We are trying something new next year. We're renting points for a stay at BWV! But not staying at our "home" CBR has me a bit nervous.
I looked into renting points too but with the uncertainty of all of us going (mostly my 79 year old other), I didn't know if it would actually be cost effective or not. I look forward to hearing how your experiences goes.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:45 AM   #3880
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I looked into renting points too but with the uncertainty of all of us going (mostly my 79 year old other), I didn't know if it would actually be cost effective or not. I look forward to hearing how your experiences goes.
I meant to say in my reply to you above that I hope Mamma can join you guys as I know how she loves CBR!

I will let you know how it goes. We will be starting the process with David's in a couple weeks. We are planning 9 nights and paying for the Dining Plan. If my numbers are correct, we'll be able to stay 9 nights Deluxe for about $400 more than our 7 night trip last year at CBR with free dining. It's easier for us because we are only 3 so we can get away with a studio. Once you start getting 1 and 2 bedrooms, even with renting points it gets pricey.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #3881
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
I meant to say in my reply to you above that I hope Mamma can join you guys as I know how she loves CBR!

I will let you know how it goes. We will be starting the process with David's in a couple weeks. We are planning 9 nights and paying for the Dining Plan. If my numbers are correct, we'll be able to stay 9 nights Deluxe for about $400 more than our 7 night trip last year at CBR with free dining. It's easier for us because we are only 3 so we can get away with a studio. Once you start getting 1 and 2 bedrooms, even with renting points it gets pricey.
Right now, Mama's still going. We're headed to Tennessee next week and she's going with us so we'll see how she gets around and whether or not she thinks she can make it in Disney. That was one of our other reasons for switching back to the CBR. She likes it there, knows her way around and doesn't mind staying at the resort during the hottest times of the day instead of going to the parks.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:31 PM   #3882
MsHershey
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I agree with you about the feel of the resort. Living in Mississippi I have that same doubt and expect I might consider changing back to CBR. The resort is just so beautiful and that aroma when you pull up to Customs House is so dreamy. The main reason I want to try POR is the Royal Room. My 26yo daughter is my travelling companion and we are two big kids at Disney. We love the whole princess experience.

I really liked the Martinique Building. We were usually the first stop off depending on the route but I would say 90% of the time we were first stop. The only request I had was ground floor, corner room which we got both. I really like this location. It was close to the bus stop and just around the corner from the laundry/quiet pool.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:00 PM   #3883
deedeew80
Dreaming of My Prince

Quote:

Yay!!!! However, sad for you at the same time since I know you were looking forward to trying some place new!! There is always the next time!
Old 11-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #3884
jekajekalynn
A Barbie girl in a Bratz world
"Mommy tooted in the toilet! It was Loooooouuuud!!"
We Girls can do anything, right Barbie??

I'm all excited. I just got through booking our first ever onsite stay. This will be our 6th trip, but the first time we've ever stayed in a WDW resort (got a 30% off pin in email), and we picked CBR . We are going to be there from Feb 17th-23rd , and we sprung for the pirate themed room. Can't wait!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-16-2012, 06:17 PM   #3885
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekajekalynn
I'm all excited. I just got through booking our first ever onsite stay. This will be our 6th trip, but the first time we've ever stayed in a WDW resort (got a 30% off pin in email), and we picked CBR . We are going to be there from Feb 17th-23rd , and we sprung for the pirate themed room. Can't wait!
We stayed in a pirate themed room & we loved it! The theming is so fun ad it knocked the socks off of my then 9 year old! We lived the pools and the food court there as well! Enjoy your stay!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - CR
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: