Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #31
bytheblood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightlessDuck View Post
Why not ask in this thread?

Or this one?

Or one of the other 15 that were created about it.
bytheblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:57 AM   #32
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
a question for Disneyland regulars: has traffic picked up substantially at Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe since Starbucks added its presence?
According to my friends from out there, the place is selling like mad.

I haven't been to the bakery in awhile because it usually has lines out the door anyway.
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 11:20 AM   #33
Herfnerd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
Really, OP? ANOTHER thread on the sad Starbucks/MSB saga? 'Cause there weren't enough already? Maybe the Search function on your screen is broken? GAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyworld1977 View Post
Yea these posts are getting crazy. I was up in arms too about the change, because the way it was stated! MSB replaced by Starbucks, but from what I have read and heard its basically MSB servicing Starbucks, thats much better!! Thats they way it needs to be. Lets just calm down, me included, and wait ans see the ACTUAL results instead of spreading rumors and causing forum trouble.
Multiple threads on the same subject is no skin off my nose - I don't have to read it if I don't want to. The only issue is wasted bandwith.....
Old 11-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #34
kmarie99
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herfnerd View Post
Multiple threads on the same subject is no skin off my nose - I don't have to read it if I don't want to. The only issue is wasted bandwith.....
AGREED if you don't like it don't open the tread and read it.
kmarie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:18 PM   #35
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Moving to restaurant boards where food/drink discussions reside

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #36
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by gortman65 View Post
A little off topic, but a question for Disneyland regulars: has traffic picked up substantially at Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe since Starbucks added its presence?

Based on the number of people who love Starbucks coffee, I would expect Main Street Bakery to be jam-packed most of the time after the refurb. I wonder if they've considered having two coffee bar areas in there to handle the volume?
Hard to say about traffic since it just opened, there wasn't a bakery there before. When I was there at the end of September, the lines were not real long but they were slow.

The one at DCA has 2 sides to order to better handle the crowds. That is probably why MSB is going to be closed for renovations, they have to change the layout. Starbucks is made to order, customized if you want. DCA works like a regular Starbucks, you go up to the cash register, order, pay, they make your drink and you pick it up at the end of the counter. Anything from the bakery case is handed to you at the register. The bakery case is in the middle between the 2 lines.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:46 PM   #37
Zeppelin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetRick View Post
I mean, I keep hearing about not wanting a Starbucks in DW. Not sure I get that. Many have expressed their dislike for a corporate entity there, blah blah. This makes absolutely NO sense at all.

First of all, Disney is about the most corporate corporation out there. I guess that's missed on everyone.

Second, Disney has other corporation names throughout DW as they get sponsors for most attractions. Not like we don't see other corporation names throughout DW.

And let's not forget there used to be McDonald's fries in MK (I believe in Frontierland if I remember correctly). Also had a McDonalds in AK for many years. So it's not like it's a new thing.

I don't drink coffee but my wife does and her one big complaint about DW is the horrible coffee there. So they'll (at least) have good coffee--if you like Starbucks that is.

Anyway, with all of the things worth complaining about I think this one makes the least sense.
hmm...i don't know...maybe its because i/we spend a lot of money to go to WDW and experience things which are uniquely Disney- not spend a whole lot of money for something most can get in their car and drive five minutes to experience/purchase...
Old 11-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #38
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
we spend a lot of money to go to WDW and experience things which are uniquely Disney
I don't get this, the coffee served there isn't Disney. it's Nescafe. I see guests saying Disney should produce their own coffee. I can't say it would be good coffee if they did that.

There are a lot of food vendors and restaurants at WDW that are operated by third parties on a contract with Disney. This is no different.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:33 PM   #39
Brer Chump
Cousin of the great Zen Philosopher Bosho

Quote:
Really, OP? ANOTHER thread on the sad Starbucks/MSB saga? 'Cause there weren't enough already? Maybe the Search function on your screen is broken? GAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!
You read the subject line, you clicked on the thread and read it. You complained when all the discussion on this was in the theme parks board and made a new thread demanding that all MSB talk be moved here to restaurants board. Even after that was done, you still complain about the threads on this subject in this board? You will have to accept that this will be the topic du jour until the next big announcement.

Deal with it.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #40
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brer Chump View Post
You read the subject line, you clicked on the thread and read it. You complained when all the discussion on this was in the theme parks board and made a new thread demanding that all MSB talk be moved here to restaurants board. Even after that was done, you still complain about the threads on this subject in this board? You will have to accept that this will be the topic du jour until the next big announcement.

Deal with it.
This thread was not on the restaurant board when the poster replied to it.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #41
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post
hmm...i don't know...maybe its because i/we spend a lot of money to go to WDW and experience things which are uniquely Disney- not spend a whole lot of money for something most can get in their car and drive five minutes to experience/purchase...
Same can be said about everything in Disney, even Disney merchandise can be found in Walmart, however what tickles most on us is that MSB is being changed, menu is being reduced, why? Why not to keep same menu but adding new things. I know replaced items will be found in other paces in MK but point was to have them there, in one place, esp. when it can be accompanied by great coffee like SB.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #42
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Why not ask in this thread?

Or this one?

Thats why there was such an outrage.
Quote:
They made another announcement saying it would still be called "Main Street Bakery". If they would have said that in the first place, there would not have been such an outrage. Their original announcement was poorly worded.

Quote:
Everyone isn't up in arms about it. I think its a great idea.

But please, enough with all the MSB/SB threads

Quote:

wow, stalk much?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brer Chump View Post

Deal with it.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #43
TinkerwithDis
Mouseketeer

Another thread about SB??? Really????????????????????????? Was there something wrong with the 50 other threads?
TinkerwithDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:08 PM   #44
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

Ok enough about the threads please, this one got moved to Restaurants, we don't have that many here. Yet.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:42 PM   #45
Zeppelin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
Same can be said about everything in Disney, even Disney merchandise can be found in Walmart, however what tickles most on us is that MSB is being changed, menu is being reduced, why? Why not to keep same menu but adding new things. I know replaced items will be found in other paces in MK but point was to have them there, in one place, esp. when it can be accompanied by great coffee like SB.
difference is you can't go to Walmart, eat at Liberty Tree Tavern, then watch a Disney parade live then ride splash mountain, etc....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
I don't get this, the coffee served there isn't Disney. it's Nescafe. I see guests saying Disney should produce their own coffee. I can't say it would be good coffee if they did that.

There are a lot of food vendors and restaurants at WDW that are operated by third parties on a contract with Disney. This is no different.
and i believe Carnation sponsored CP for the longest time...if they are just offering Starbucks coffee and Starbucks is sponsoring the MSB then i agree- its no big deal...but if they are changing the entire MSB around to make it feel more like Starbucks versus Disney, then people's angst is well founded...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: