Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 07:59 AM   #16
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by katdralion View Post
I don't think this is the case. It will reopen as a Starbucks location serving some additional prepackaged Disney baked goods. That is not the same thing at all!
See post #5

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR
FlightlessDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:05 AM   #17
Dr.Girlfriend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katdralion View Post
I don't think this is the case. It will reopen as a Starbucks location serving some additional prepackaged Disney baked goods. That is not the same thing at all!
I've said it, others have said it, but you are very incorrect. It is going to be EXACTLY like the Disneyland version. Please read this link:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/0...ith-starbucks/
Wine & Dine 1/2 - 2011 ~ WDW Marathon Relay - 2012 ~ Princess 1/2 - 2012 ~ Tower of Terror 10 Miler - 2012 ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 2012 ~ Goofy Challenge - 2013 ~ Tower of Terror 10 Miler – 2013 ~ Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5k - 2013 ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 – 2013 ~ Family Fun Run 5k - 2014 ~ Minnie Mouse - 10k 2014 ~ Donald 1/2 - 2014 ~ Castaway Cay 5k - 2014

UPCOMING:
Royal Family 5k - 2014 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge – 2014 ~ Everest Challenge 5k - 2014 ~ Dumbo Double Dare - 2014
Dr.Girlfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 08:08 AM   #18
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Most posters are only upset about any changes at all being made to the Main Street Bakery. I don't have any emotional attachment to the bakery so they could put a bar in there for all I care (wish they would personally) but only those who object to Starbucks itself as a corporation are complaining about the Fountain View changing.

Anyway, the bakery isn't going anywhere. The name won't change, the exterior won't change. The interior WILL change. If you want a cinnamon roll specifically you MAY have to go to Gaston's for it, we don't know yet. All they've said is the bakery will continue to sell SOME of the original baked goods they sell now. And yes, it is going to look different inside. It's not that special inside now.

Last edited by TDC Nala; 11-16-2012 at 08:15 AM.
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:18 AM   #19
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Not really up in arms, but in all reality?? I want my cinnamon roll, and I want it from Main St Bakery. I am used to that....and that's how I want it to stay!!! I don't want to walk all the way back to FLE to get it.
Okay....whine over.
That's my *peeve* too! It's always where we get our MK *fix* of cinnamon roll first thing - some changes are hard for me - could care less if they serve Starbucks also (it's too burned for me anyway).

After looking at the sites mentioned above, I'm even more convinced that the *interior* will be *more like Starbucks*, less like MSB even if they *do* keep the name. The DL one says serving all your favorite SB coffees/drinks, pastries, and also some Disney favorites! The *focus* will be on SB. Also, seems to be more extensive menu - like a cafe.

Being as they are closing to refurb, I'm pretty sure it will not have the charm of an old fashioned bakery as it does now, but a more modern *look* if the DL location interior is any indication.

Oh, well, just adding my 2 cents, they will do what they do!!

Last edited by North of Mouse; 11-16-2012 at 08:33 AM.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #20
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlamanna1701 View Post
I don't think it is about Starbucks itself. It seems to be more about WDW replacing the Main Street Bakery. Everyone appears to be upset about that.
I think what you have to take into account is that many of us LOVE, LOVE disney.
I totally, totally admit to have emotions tied to Disney, so even though I logically know change is good, I'm a mother bear when it comes to disney. very protective of her.

Next, I really don't see the need for a starbucks. It is totally possible to get good coffee without having a coporate sponsor to go with it, so this move IMO is purely about the dollar.

Lastly, sorry but imo lately disney has laid some eggs. Pleasure Island is ugly and a wasteland. Many menus are horrible and dumbed down, those new uniforms in the American Pavillion at Epcot makes every women look like a dumping cow, and last but not least "the stitch ride". So I'm not one of those posters who think every thing disney does is fabulous.

So I'm taking a "wait and see" attitude. folks here have more faith in the powers that be than I do. I'm praying that I don't see a big "starbucks" sign outside the store.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:50 AM   #21
michsig
DIS Veteran

I've heard that they are keeping it as the Main Street Bakery, just selling Starbucks items.

September 2014 - POR
January 2013 - CSR
July 2012 - CSR
June 2010 - CSR
July 1999 - Villas at Disney Institute
May 1991 - Offsite
michsig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:52 AM   #22
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
That's my *peeve* too! It's always where we get our MK *fix* of cinnamon roll first thing - some changes are hard for me - could care less if they serve Starbucks also (it's too burned for me anyway).

After looking at the sites mentioned above, I'm even more convinced that the *interior* will be *more like Starbucks*, less like MSB even if they *do* keep the name. The DL one says serving all your favorite SB coffees/drinks, pastries, and also some Disney favorites! The *focus* will be on SB. Also, seems to be more extensive menu - like a cafe.

Being as they are closing to refurb, I'm pretty sure it will not have the charm of an old fashioned bakery as it does now, but a more modern *look* if the DL location interior is any indication.

Keep in mind that Buena Vista Street (location of DL "Starbucks") and Main Street MK are not themed to the same time period.
Reddog1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:55 AM   #23
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post

They have already stated that it will keep the early 20th century theme. The location in DCA fits the theme there. The two locations are not going to look alike.
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:58 AM   #24
gortman65
Proud papa to two Mouseketeers

A little off topic, but a question for Disneyland regulars: has traffic picked up substantially at Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe since Starbucks added its presence?

Based on the number of people who love Starbucks coffee, I would expect Main Street Bakery to be jam-packed most of the time after the refurb. I wonder if they've considered having two coffee bar areas in there to handle the volume?

gortman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #25
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gortman65 View Post
A little off topic, but a question for Disneyland regulars: has traffic picked up substantially at Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe since Starbucks added its presence?

Based on the number of people who love Starbucks coffee, I would expect Main Street Bakery to be jam-packed most of the time after the refurb. I wonder if they've considered having two coffee bar areas in there to handle the volume?
MSB is almost *always* jam packed every time we go already
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:10 AM   #26
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm not a Disneyland regular but I don't think it's hard to give a straight answer on this question.

There are a LOT more people visiting the DCA park in general so all the establishments should show an increase in traffic.
Reddog1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:32 AM   #27
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

The change is obvious and not everyone feels it is well justified. Addition of the coffee is a great idea but changing current place so much for that is overkill. I do not care if name stays, decor and menu changes, it is a bit too much, IMO. And I actually love SB but not like that.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #28
linzbear
Flirts with Chip

Quote:

There is always a line out the door of MSB right now! That's part of the reason for the refurb, because the bakery is currently so poorly designed that the line takes forever. They're redoing the inside not because Starbucks wants it redone, but because they need a better system as it is.

In fact, I would expect that the MSB line will become shorter after Starbucks shows up there.
04/92 - CBR | 03/94 - Offsite | 03/03 - VWL | 05/05 - BWV | 05/06 - DLR | 12/06 - VWL | 04/07 - BCV | 10/07 - OKW/AKV | 12/07 - VWL | 09/08 - OKW | 10/09 - AKV | 11/10 - AKV/VWL | 10/11 - BLT/Swan | 5/13 - VWL
Planned:
11/14 - AKV
linzbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:36 AM   #29
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Really, OP? ANOTHER thread on the sad Starbucks/MSB saga? 'Cause there weren't enough already? Maybe the Search function on your screen is broken? GAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #30
disneyworld1977
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
Really, OP? ANOTHER thread on the sad Starbucks/MSB saga? 'Cause there weren't enough already? Maybe the Search function on your screen is broken? GAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Yea these posts are getting crazy. I was up in arms too about the change, because the way it was stated! MSB replaced by Starbucks, but from what I have read and heard its basically MSB servicing Starbucks, thats much better!! Thats they way it needs to be. Lets just calm down, me included, and wait ans see the ACTUAL results instead of spreading rumors and causing forum trouble.
*DL* Offsite - 2000, 2003, 2005, 2011, SEPT 2013!! *WDW* Offsite - 80's , 90's ** POP CENTURY - 2004, 2009 ** CORONADO SPRINGS - 2008 ** PORT ORLEANS (Riverside) - 2011 ** ALL STAR MOVIES - 2012 ** FT. WILDERNESS CABINS DEC 2013
ME DW
disneyworld1977 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: