Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 10:13 PM   #3496
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Santa Claus is in the Beach Club lobby Christmas Eve so we'll drive in for Lily to sit on his lap and of course to see the decorations at the Yacht and Beach.

Lily doesn't like any of the attractions and rides except Country Bears but she loves lights and parades -- especially seeing Donald Duck in the parades. So on 12/26 we are going to see the Osborne Lights and one day we'll go over to Magic Kingdom to see the parade and castle and of course the Bears. The crowds are horrible that week but since we aren't going to have to deal with any of the lines except for the Bears, I think we'll be okay. Jeanne said "Only for Lily!"
She doesnt like the Tea Cups or Carousel? Dumbo? She has good taste, Donald is my fav too One day I'll get to see Osbourne Lights! Sounds wonderful.
Love the pics of Bob putting together the house! Priceless!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 11-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #3497
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
She doesnt like the Tea Cups or Carousel? Dumbo? She has good taste, Donald is my fav too One day I'll get to see Osbourne Lights! Sounds wonderful.
Love the pics of Bob putting together the house! Priceless!
Last summer she really was not happy with any of the rides ... even Dumbo, the Carousel and Small World. At Disneyland a few weeks ago it was worse. She didn't want anything to do with them. I'm sure as she gets older, she'll start to enjoy them. We'll just keep trying.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 04:31 AM   #3498
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceMonica View Post

I have NEVER stayed in any disney resorts before...Go big or go home, right?

The Beach Club looks to perfect! I'm so excited I'm about to burst! I feel like a little kid again!
How exciting!

Quote:
Last summer she really was not happy with any of the rides ... even Dumbo, the Carousel and Small World. At Disneyland a few weeks ago it was worse. She didn't want anything to do with them. I'm sure as she gets older, she'll start to enjoy them. We'll just keep trying.
Teena- my niece lives about 1/2 hour away from DLR and she takes my little nephew often. He will not go on the attractions either. He loves to go to "Mickey's House" and takes it all in every time they visit but no way will he step his little foot on any ride. Each kid is different, his cousin is a little whirlwind
Old 11-16-2012, 06:14 AM   #3499
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am BEYOND excited right now. My mom just booked Beach Club for my 21st birthday trip! I had NEVER considered ever looking into any deluxe resorts...because I thought they were all out of our budget!

WELL, Thanks to AP discounts, we were able to book with 35% off and are staying Club level at the beach club March 10-15th!

The Beach Club looks to perfect! I'm so excited I'm about to burst! I feel like a little kid again!
Welcome.....BC CL wasn't our first but cetainly has become our favorite. If you have time go back through this thread and the older ones and you'll feel like you completely know the place when you show up.

Quote:
Jeanne said "Only for Lily!"
As a grandparent I know this feeling well. (Can you say autograph lines!)

Old 11-16-2012, 06:41 AM   #3500
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am BEYOND excited right now. My mom just booked Beach Club for my 21st birthday trip! I had NEVER considered ever looking into any deluxe resorts...because I thought they were all out of our budget!

WELL, Thanks to AP discounts, we were able to book with 35% off and are staying Club level at the beach club March 10-15th!

You are going to LOVE it!!! My oldest turns 21 this December, she is looking forward to our May visit at BC...................since she will be old enough to walk down to World Showcase and order a drink in any country she chooses!!!

The resort really is perfect, especially if you enjoy EPCOT!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

Old 11-16-2012, 07:10 AM   #3501
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
As a grandparent I know this feeling well. (Can you say autograph lines!)
When Bob and I see the lines for the characters on the Disney cruises, we just shake our heads. Bob says no way will he spend his cruise in lines for the characters. I laugh because all Lily will have to say is "PopPop I want to see Cinderella" and there goes PopPop and Lily in the line. Thank goodness right now she likes to look at the characters from a distance. The minute you get close to them, she shakes her finger at them and says "no no no no no".
Old 11-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #3502
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome.....BC CL wasn't our first but cetainly has become our favorite. If you have time go back through this thread and the older ones and you'll feel like you completely know the place when you show up.
I have 114 days to catch up! I'm looking forward to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
You are going to LOVE it!!! My oldest turns 21 this December, she is looking forward to our May visit at BC...................since she will be old enough to walk down to World Showcase and order a drink in any country she chooses!!!

The resort really is perfect, especially if you enjoy EPCOT!!
I'm really excited! I was originally going to stay at POR...but now that my (ex) boyfriend isn't coming and my sister is, we have a bigger budget (I was going to pay for everything for him...now that my sister will be taking his place it'll save me a few hundred on his tickets and dining!)

We considered staying at BLT...but the thought of being so far away from Epcot made me sad! PLUS I'm close to Hollywood Studios...which is my favorite park!
Old 11-16-2012, 08:54 AM   #3503
jakeybake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Here are some pictures to go along with this story:

Bob, you have a month to put this together.

Oh, no, we may have to cancel the cruise if you are still working on this!

Our Hero!

Bob, I feel your pain!!!!

I had to put a small kitchen together for Sofie one Christmas and between the parts and the stickers it took me like 4 hours!! If after an hour someone told me they would put it together for me for $1,000 I would of taken them up on it!!

So glad that Lily and Jeanne will be there at Christmas. How much fun is that going to be!! Nothing better!!

Jay
Old 11-16-2012, 08:59 AM   #3504
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank goodness right now she likes to look at the characters from a distance. The minute you get close to them, she shakes her finger at them and says "no no no no no".
My husband does the exact same thing when I pick up the phone to call Disney reservations!

~NM
Old 11-16-2012, 09:03 AM   #3505
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
....but now that my (ex) boyfriend isn't coming and my sister is, we have a bigger budget (I was going to pay for everything for him...now that my sister will be taking his place it'll save me a few hundred on his tickets and dining!)
Best Disney deal I've ever seen on the interwebs....

Old 11-16-2012, 09:10 AM   #3506
btk2333
Just passed ROFR BCV!

Quote:
Best Disney deal I've ever seen on the interwebs....
Haha fantastic! Always nice to find a way to have some extra spending money at WDW!!!
Old 11-16-2012, 09:14 AM   #3507
CT Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Here are some pictures to go along with this story:

Bob, you have a month to put this together.

Oh, no, we may have to cancel the cruise if you are still working on this!

Our Hero!

These pictures are great! And, Teena, the ironic thing is that, in the long run, these pictures will be treasured by Lily even more than the castle. Long after she's outgrown the toy she'll have these pictures as a testament to how much her grandfather loves her. The candid pictures always tell a better, truer story than the posed ones.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:11 AM   #3508
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceMonica

Welcome! I hope you enjoy it as much as everyone here does. Be sure to check out the first page of this thread. It has a great deal of information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS

When Bob and I see the lines for the characters on the Disney cruises, we just shake our heads. Bob says no way will he spend his cruise in lines for the characters. I laugh because all Lily will have to say is "PopPop I want to see Cinderella" and there goes PopPop and Lily in the line. Thank goodness right now she likes to look at the characters from a distance. The minute you get close to them, she shakes her finger at them and says "no no no no no".
LOL! How cute!
Old 11-16-2012, 10:32 AM   #3509
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

We will be celebrating our 200 Days to Disney mark this weekend. Unfortunately I re-injured my knee the weekend before Halloween and I may have a tear that is not showing up on the MRI. Today I am going to go get my knee drained and a cortizone shot. If this doesn't work then surgery.....

My only goal that I told my doc is to be walking normally by June for our Disney trip!!!! I've been in pain for 3 weeks and now I'm on crutches and I walk a lot in my job. My focus today while getting the shots will be me sitting by the pool at the Y&BC while sipping on a cocktail in the sun.....

(By the way I injured my knee up at my parent's place in Michigan while helping my DD16 clean a kayak that she swore had a spider in it. My knee snapped one way while lifting the kayak filled with water while the kayak weight went the other way...who knew.)
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Old 11-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #3510
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

Thanks @Natebenma!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: