Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 10:15 AM   #16
JessB320
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzanneSLO

Have they reached an agreement with Disney? I thought Disney films could not be converted. -- Suzanne
Honestly I'm not sure, they never really advertised this service like they were expected too either. I haven't used it but my SIL took a bunch of kids movies in, some Disney some not, and got all of them streamed onto vudo a couple of weeks ago. It took like three employees to even figure out what she wanted. I guess I should add YMMV huh?
JessB320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #17
alyssa810
It's much more fun on the boat
Must have creme brulee

Does anyone know how many times you can download a digital copy? we've just replaced a couple of laptops, and I have been putting our digital copies on our vacation laptop. We were going to try to copy the files over to the new laptop but we couldn't...can I just re-download the copy? I have the disc and my code etc....but it seemed like somewhere I saw that there were only a certain number of times you could download? Or maybe I misread.
annual trips since 1997! some highlights: 1st trip Feb 1985**1st onsite WL 11/2002: ENGAGED @ MK**Honeymoon @ DLP- NB 4/2004**DVC members and our OKW love affair begins 12/2004**29th b-day@DLH 8/2005**Joel's 1st trip 12/2007 CBR**back to DLP-SL 6/2010**GCV 9/2011 Happy 4th B-day Joel!***ASMu & BCV 9/2012***OKW1/2013***GCH & GCV 2/2014***OKW 2/2015 40+ trips and counting!!

8 Parks in 9 Months (part II)TR here! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2439987
8 Parks in 9 Months (part III)TR here! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post37117909
alyssa810 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #18
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssa810 View Post
Does anyone know how many times you can download a digital copy? we've just replaced a couple of laptops, and I have been putting our digital copies on our vacation laptop. We were going to try to copy the files over to the new laptop but we couldn't...can I just re-download the copy? I have the disc and my code etc....but it seemed like somewhere I saw that there were only a certain number of times you could download? Or maybe I misread.
It depends on which file type you chose to download.

If you chose itunes (for Apple devices), then the regular itunes rules apply. That means that it's in your icloud and can be retrieved from there at any time as long as the device that you're downloading to is on the same Apple account.

If you chose to download as a Windows Media file, you only get to download once but you can transfer the movie to any portable device you own as long as the original file does not get deleted from your computer.
http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/di.../textonly.html

Quote:
How many times can I transfer my DisneyFile Digital Copy?

For the Windows Media version you can only transfer your DisneyFile Digital Copy to your computer once. After you transfer the movie to your computer, you can then transfer the movie to your compatible portable device. For the iTunes version, standard iTunes usage rules apply.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:53 AM   #19
Halbleib1
DIS Veteran

It depends on what movies you have digital copies for as some expire and or have limits as to how many times you can download them. Most Disney digital copies you can stream online without downloading anything. I have gotten a couple now that need downloaded though. I have not done those yet so I am not sure how it works. I prefer streaming online except for the fact that you always need internet access to watch. Also when disney does away with a movie you own the digital copy for online they allow you to pick a new one for free. They just did this when they updated it.

Our First Christmas at Disney World! Staying at Pop Century December 14-24th!

Halbleib1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:40 PM   #20
Ephany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post
According to their website, you can contact Disney for a new code. You still need the activation disc., which you should have in the combo pack.
http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/di.../textonly.html
Thank you! DD lost the code to the new Tinkerbelle movie. I had specifically bought it for the digital copy, so I was a bit peeved.
Ephany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:19 PM   #21
SMD
DIS Veteran

Thumbs down

I tried to report this thread but I kept getting an error message saying with under 10 posts I couldn't add an image. Well, I'll just post it here for the mods and increase my post count at the same time.

The OP's request is illegal. A board about saving money shouldn't cross the line to soliciting people to commit crimes.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:13 AM   #22
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
I tried to report this thread but I kept getting an error message saying with under 10 posts I couldn't add an image. Well, I'll just post it here for the mods and increase my post count at the same time.

The OP's request is illegal. A board about saving money shouldn't cross the line to soliciting people to commit crimes.
The OP's request may be illegal but there have been plenty of suggestions as to how she can legitimately obtain a digital copy of the movie. It would be a shame to remove the thread when there's some very useful information posted here. I, for one, had no idea that Vudu was an option for getting digital copies of some movies that I already own.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:42 AM   #23
DawnM
Dawn

I didn't either.

Is Walmart the only place that does this?

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post
The OP's request may be illegal but there have been plenty of suggestions as to how she can legitimately obtain a digital copy of the movie. It would be a shame to remove the thread when there's some very useful information posted here. I, for one, had no idea that Vudu was an option for getting digital copies of some movies that I already own.

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:58 AM   #24
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

eaxactly....how does taking a movie to walmart turn it into digital? I've never even heard of this before.....please explain!
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #25
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2 View Post
eaxactly....how does taking a movie to walmart turn it into digital? I've never even heard of this before.....please explain!
Do a google search for Vudu and Walmart. It kind of explains it there under the Disc to Digital tab. Not every movie is eligible. It has to be thru a participating studio. Unfortunately for the OP, Disney is not one of them.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:34 AM   #26
DawnM
Dawn

This may not be the board for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:13 AM   #27
missx0xdelaney
Mouseketeer

Depending on where the disc was purchased from you may still be able to exchange for a different type. I work for Target and we allow an open title to be exchanged for that same title in a different format. (DVD to bluray/3D, Xbox to Wii or PS3 for games) It just must be the same exact title due to copyright law. It actually happens a lot.

Find me on Instagram and Twitter!: @missx0xdelaney
Countdown to Cupcakes! - An Independence Day Road Trip!
missx0xdelaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:45 AM   #28
4HppyCamprs
DIS Veteran

When I entered my Brave Disney Movie Rewards code this morning it gave me the option to purchase a "Deeply Discounted Streaming version" it says I can purchase it for 4.99 instead of 14.99 so another option for the OP.
09 ASMu 1st Visit! Grandma came too! Free dining 2010 POR 2nd Visit! Grandma is along for the ride! Free dining! 03/05-09/2012 POLY here we come!! We love Disney and Grandma does too! No dining plan and we loved it! DoubleTree DTD: 3/10-3/15/13 The whole gang! Best Trip yet! First Cruise: 1/6-1/10/14 Disney Magic. 2nd Cruise: 10/23-10/28/15 Disney Magic.
Me: Heather DH: DS #1 (11/04) DS #2 (2/09) DD (08/11) rincess:
4HppyCamprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:17 AM   #29
mickeymaker2003
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4HppyCamprs View Post
When I entered my Brave Disney Movie Rewards code this morning it gave me the option to purchase a "Deeply Discounted Streaming version" it says I can purchase it for 4.99 instead of 14.99 so another option for the OP.
Is the streaming version available for iTunes or does it have to have internet access to play? I need a version that can be played on a device when it does not have internet access (like an ipod touch driving down the road).
mickeymaker2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:52 AM   #30
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!

Am I the only one who got a message from Disney movies online saying they are doing away with the digital copy service. So all those movies we bought on both DVD and blueray so we could get the digital copy are no good anymore. If you paid for them online you can request a refund but if they came with your DVD you out of luck. I had mine on my computer but when I had to wipe out my computer and start new I lost all my movies on Windows Media and you can only download them once. I was happy watching them online on the website but now I will no longer be able to do that either. Here is a copy of my email

Dear Guest,

Disney Movies Online is closing on December 31st. As part of this change, purchases, upgrades, and Magic Code entries can no longer be made on the Disney Movies Online website. You can continue to stream your existing movies until December 31st.

You can still enter Magic Codes on DisneyMovieRewards.com, and Disney Movies Rewards services will not be interrupted. You can also continue to use your Disney member name and password to access and enjoy other Disney websites. In addition, if you purchased a Disney Combo pack with Digital Copy, your Digital Copy can still be transferred and watched from either iTunes or Windows Media Player. Please visit our FAQs for more details.

We truly appreciate your support of our servicewe have enjoyed serving you!

Best regards,
The Disney Movies Online Team

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: