Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2012, 10:58 AM   #1
nessz79
DIS Veteran

Just booked WH town house for the first time!

We're so excited! We just booked through http://www.vacationcentralflorida.com/ and got # 7682. Everything seems great and we can't wait. We are staying 3/9/2013- 3/16. We are doing the water parks and more option and are planning on 2 theme park days (the other day will be used a couple months earlier during the food and wine festival...we're Fl residents so we have 6 months to use the 3 day pass) and then 3 water park and more options. The other 2 days will be "rest" days at the resort, at the town house, or at DTD.

Anyone have anything useful to share about the town house or Windsor Hills? Your thoughts are welcome. I've been digging up as many WH threads as I can.

Old 07-02-2012, 01:07 AM   #2
cyndik1111
DIS Veteran

We absolutely loved WH. We stayed in a condo, private owner, a few years ago. The resort is terrific. We are renting a 5 bedroom/5 bath townhouse in October. It looks amazing and it got great reviews. Only$1400 for 8 nights. What a deal. You will love the place. We are planning two days of just hanging out at the resort because it is so great. You won't be sorry.
cyndik1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2012, 08:07 AM   #3
nessz79
DIS Veteran

wow- that is a great deal you got! We're going at prime time in March so we didn't get any crazy-good deals, but it's still so much better than staying in a hotel.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:06 AM   #4
nchulka
it was funny when the creepy guys would follow close to them and then pull their chainsaws

WH has a movie theater. They have a large book with a list of available movies. They have time slots available and you can choose a movie to be shown the next day at a certain time. The kids thought it was really cool to have our own movie theater, no one else came to the movie we choose. We brought sodas, popcorn, and candy from the condo and it was fun and free
Old 07-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #5
DisneyMissy318
DIS Veteran

You will LOVE it! We stayed at 7682 in December 2010! Tons of space, comfy beds, easy to get in and out. I had an excellent rental experience from Dave Robinson! I love not having to pay a security deposit and having it tied up forever. We didn't find anything that needed fixing or addressed - again a top-notch stay in an awesome unit!

The only thing I would do differently is spring for the pool heat - Orlando had a cold snap the week we were there and it was too cold to use the splash pool.

I'll be glad to answer any other questions you might have!

Have a GREAT time!
Old 11-14-2012, 10:27 PM   #6
targetmom
Earning My Ears

Anyone stay at Ethan's Little Disney before? We are thinking about booking it for next Mar. It had lots good HomeAway reviews.
targetmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:06 PM   #7
Kitkat6595
Mouseketeer

Have fun!! We just booked a two bedroom condo for the first week in June with a private owner from www.vrbo.com. I'm excited to stay at WH and it looks like a beautiful place.

Previous Trips
May 1987 - off-site
March 1996 - off-site
March 2003 - off-site
June 2013 - off-site, Windsor Hills
Kitkat6595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:33 AM   #8
infopurposesonly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by targetmom View Post
Anyone stay at Ethan's Little Disney before? We are thinking about booking it for next Mar. It had lots good HomeAway reviews.
We stayed at Ethan's Little Disney in May 2011. It had just been renovated and the decor was gorgeous! DD LOVED the princess-themed room! There were a couple of little things that bothered me, but I addressed them with the owner and was satisfied with the response. PM me if you want more info.
infopurposesonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:35 AM   #9
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

We stayed at WH several years ago and loved it. The drive to the parks using the shortcut was super quick and easy.

I did a PTR/Trip Report for that trip so there is some info on WH there if you're interested. PTR/TR

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote