Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 12:04 AM   #16
DarthTod
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2

"The trip took about an hour"?? From where to where- not from Seatac to Vancouver!
Lol, yeah, it's about 150 miles from Seatac to Vancouver. And traffic into downtown Vancouver can be a bear - they don't have highways in the city, once you get to the outskirts of town, it's all surface streets. It can take an hour just from the border into Vancouver.
DarthTod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:49 AM   #17
Spart02
Mouseketeer

What great advice! It didn't even occur to me that there would be rental car agencies at Canada Place. I booked our rental from Alamo from Vancouver to Seattle, but was unable to book one from Seattle to Vancouver without making the drop-off be the Vancouver airport rather than Canada Place. Does anyone know of a way to drop off from SEATAC to Canada Place? I even called Alamo and she said she didn't think the cruise ship terminal was a drop off location. It will be okay the way we have it; we'll just have to drop off our stuff at the Pan Pacific, then my husband and I will run to the airport and drop off the rental car and take a taxi back to the Pan Pacific. However, it would be ideal to just drop off and pick up at the cruise terminal.
We were planning on just renting from Seattle and keeping it the whole time we are away. With parking costs and a full week rental, we are saving over $300 by just doing 2 one-way rentals. Thanks again for the advice!

May 98 - CBR - Honeymoon
Jan. 02 - Offsite - DoubleTree Club
Jan. 04 - POP
Jan. 06 - POP
Sept. 06 - Disneyland Hotel
Dec. 07 - POP
Jan. 09 - Wilderness Lodge
Jan. 10 - Dreams Villas
Oct. 10 - Dreams Villas
Jan. 12 - Disney Dream Cruise, then Bay Lake Tower
June 13 - Wonder - Alaska!
May 14 - Magic - Transatlantic
Spart02 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 08:56 AM   #18
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spart02 View Post
What great advice! It didn't even occur to me that there would be rental car agencies at Canada Place. I booked our rental from Alamo from Vancouver to Seattle, but was unable to book one from Seattle to Vancouver without making the drop-off be the Vancouver airport rather than Canada Place. Does anyone know of a way to drop off from SEATAC to Canada Place? I even called Alamo and she said she didn't think the cruise ship terminal was a drop off location. It will be okay the way we have it; we'll just have to drop off our stuff at the Pan Pacific, then my husband and I will run to the airport and drop off the rental car and take a taxi back to the Pan Pacific. However, it would be ideal to just drop off and pick up at the cruise terminal.
We were planning on just renting from Seattle and keeping it the whole time we are away. With parking costs and a full week rental, we are saving over $300 by just doing 2 one-way rentals. Thanks again for the advice!
Instead of a taxi, think about taking the Skytrain from the airport to the city. It is far cheaper and just as convenient. There is a station right near the airport and you can get off very close to the Pan Pacific.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #19
Spart02
Mouseketeer

That sounds like a great option! Thank you! That's exactly why I love the disboards! Such fantastic suggestions!

May 98 - CBR - Honeymoon
Jan. 02 - Offsite - DoubleTree Club
Jan. 04 - POP
Jan. 06 - POP
Sept. 06 - Disneyland Hotel
Dec. 07 - POP
Jan. 09 - Wilderness Lodge
Jan. 10 - Dreams Villas
Oct. 10 - Dreams Villas
Jan. 12 - Disney Dream Cruise, then Bay Lake Tower
June 13 - Wonder - Alaska!
May 14 - Magic - Transatlantic