Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2012, 08:29 PM   #13
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyFan View Post
Fan bois are so fickle. They're not happy with things staying the same, but when things do change, they're not happy about that either.

Why can't we just wait and see what they're going to do before we start with all the ranting and raving? Walt Disney World & Disneyland have changed many, many times over the years and will continue to do so. So what, if it's largely money-driven, is that really so bad? I mean, if you give guests what they want, they will spend money and come back again to do it over. If not, they will go elsewhere. So, while it may seem mostly money driven, it's also about listening to the guest/customer and what they want.

The Starbucks change is one MANY a Disney fan here and elsewhere have complained about over the years. The stuff they chose to serve was absolutely nasty, and not deserving to be called "coffee". But, now that they're trying to change to something better, some of us go and get our panties in a wad and get all dramatic about them trying to improve something we've complained about. It should be noted that Disney themselves have said the Bakery is NOT going away. Repeat, THE BAKERY IS NOT GOING AWAY! So, why so much drama? Disney has had sponsorships from the very first day that Disneyland opened. In fact, some of the shops actually sold NON-DISNEY related merchandise like women's underwear and tobacco. But, where are those now? They're gone because nobody wants to buy them in the park any more. All I'm saying is, let's give this a chance first, before we start with all the drama and hysterics. Until it's done, we really don't know what it will look like or what they will offer. If we/you don't like it after it opens, then go complain, but to do so before it even starts construction is just plain silly.
I will never understand why the "calm down, wait and see" side cares so much about what the other side thinks or does. Talk about hysteria...your last paragraph seems to be getting a little hysterical to me. I don't recall seeing any posts by anyone who is not happy with the change or signing the petition calling those who are okay with the SB any names. You have your opinion, other people have theirs...I don't think that makes them hysterical whiners......and even if they are, it's no skin off your nose. Seems your panties are in as much of a bunch as anyone else's might or might not be.

It just so happens that I think it's silly to wait until it opens. By then it's too late and someone will surely say...."Well why didn't you say something sooner? It's too late to do anything about it now."
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream

Last edited by WaltD4Me; 11-15-2012 at 10:24 PM.
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: