Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 01:02 AM   #16
razza1987
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luliemouse View Post
The Hubby and I are both tall. I'm 5'8 size 26 and hubby is 6'3 about 295.

We have no issues in the parks what so ever... There are some attractions that have no leg room or that are a little tight...
This set my mind at ease a bit as I am a size 24-26 and am 5'8-5'9 so thank you
Old 09-27-2012, 01:03 AM   #17
razza1987
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkletink View Post
I found this thread while poking around for something else...but found it very helpful.

Hope that helps
This link was very helpful. Thank you
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 01:05 AM   #18
razza1987
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
If you have bigger legs, I probably wouldn't even try Goofy's Sky School. When it was Mulholland Madness, Dh wasn't able to ride it. The restraint is really narrow (it's a lap bar that comes down) and he would have had to fit his knees in between the bars in order to allow the bar to get under his belly, and his legs are too sumo-esque for that. It was his absolute worst moment, because the guests waiting were NOT kind. The CMs were wonderful; those guests though, they must have been really emotionally damaged people, to be that mean to a total stranger. (worse, it was just before DH was finally diagnosed with a pituitary tumor that was causing most of his weight gain, and it was a VERY emotional time anyway)

Astro Orbiter is incredibly awkward, especially if you have a child riding with you who isn't quite big/old enough to get in and out on his/her own.
I was looking at pictures of the ride vehicle on the website and wondering how people get in and out of the thing lol
Old 09-27-2012, 01:06 AM   #19
Camonkeygirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
If you have bigger legs, I probably wouldn't even try Goofy's Sky School. When it was Mulholland Madness, Dh wasn't able to ride it. The restraint is really narrow (it's a lap bar that comes down) and he would have had to fit his knees in between the bars in order to allow the bar to get under his belly, and his legs are too sumo-esque for that. It was his absolute worst moment, because the guests waiting were NOT kind. The CMs were wonderful; those guests though, they must have been really emotionally damaged people, to be that mean to a total stranger. (worse, it was just before DH was finally diagnosed with a pituitary tumor that was causing most of his weight gain, and it was a VERY emotional time anyway)

Astro Orbiter is incredibly awkward, especially if you have a child riding with you who isn't quite big/old enough to get in and out on his/her own.
I second the Goofy Sky School. I have thick thighs, and barely can get the bar down. I usually skip this one, but had two boys with me that could not go on by themselves last time I was there. The only other ride I have a problem with is the chest area on CA Screamin'. All of the other rides are "pooh" size friendly at least for me.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:17 AM   #20
Feej
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camonkeygirl View Post
The only other ride I have a problem with is the chest area on CA Screamin'.
What in particular is the problem? I'm a bit concerned about this ride as well.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:00 AM   #21
razza1987
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feej View Post
I'd like to know the same thing
Old 09-27-2012, 09:24 PM   #22
lalasmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm guessing the issue would be getting the chest restraint in enough to "latch" into place--that's what holds you in on the ride.

My sister is Pooh-sized (over 300, carried around her middle), and has this issue with many rides at amusement parks in the past. She can fit in the seat, but when the chest restraint comes down, she can't get it to the first (largest) locking part. And if it's not locked, you aren't restrained!
Next trip: Solo in February 2015, Family in May 2015!
lalasmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:08 AM   #23
Feej
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalasmama View Post
I'm guessing the issue would be getting the chest restraint in enough to "latch" into place--that's what holds you in on the ride.

My sister is Pooh-sized (over 300, carried around her middle), and has this issue with many rides at amusement parks in the past. She can fit in the seat, but when the chest restraint comes down, she can't get it to the first (largest) locking part. And if it's not locked, you aren't restrained!
I going to *try* to be very sensitive here, so I hope it doesn't come out the wrong way, but I was wondering if part of the problem with your sister is above her middle too?

Once again, sorry if I sound insensitive, but I wanted to ask.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:52 AM   #24
razza1987
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I going to *try* to be very sensitive here, so I hope it doesn't come out the wrong way, but I was wondering if part of the problem with your sister is above her middle too?

lol above her middle. That made me giggle
Old 09-29-2012, 12:07 AM   #25
lalasmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:

LOL, that was a very nice way to ask No, her issue isn't due to the size of the "girls," it's all her tummy.
Next trip: Solo in February 2015, Family in May 2015!
lalasmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:47 PM   #26
razza1987
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalasmama
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feej

LOL, that was a very nice way to ask No, her issue isn't due to the size of the "girls," it's all her tummy.
mine is all in my tummy too and I would like to know what the problem was cause I am interested in riding screamin

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Old 11-15-2012, 07:39 PM   #27
Feej
Mouseketeer

Just thought I'd resurrect this thread to confirm I had no problem with riding CA Screamin' on my trip in October. In fact, I was quite comfy.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:47 PM   #28
coaches24
DIS Veteran

I'm 6'0 and was at 295 in May when we went. The only issue I have on rides is leg room. My knees get smashed on some rides. But I was able to squirm into Gadgets go coaster with DD in may. Winnie the Pooh I always ask to sit in front because there is a LOT more leg room in front. The back seats are terrible for me. I have to sit side ways. Im not a big roller coaster person so won't go on screamin but BTMRR, Space, splash, etc are no issue. Haven't been on the Matterhorn since I was 12 and much smaller but I think I will try it out next trip.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: