Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #256
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

If you book through dreams you still have full access to the disney website and you would still be able to go on and book your port adventures and bbb and make reservations erc. Only thing different to booking it yourself is that a. You get a travel agent who can give tips and tricks. B. You get the free obc and c. They will notify you of all cut off dates and if a better deal comes out they will let you know. Every other aspect of your booking remains the same. Oh and they can do wdw ressies as well

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:02 PM   #257
5ofus
DIS Veteran

I'm getting annoyed (again!). The hotel our friend is getting married at has all their rooms blocked for our dates. No biggie because my friend mentioned something about them reserving rooms for wedding guests, but we are trying to work out a rough budget and it's not helping! I'm thinking I'm going to go ahead and book HoJos for our tentative dates, that will make me feel better

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #258
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
well, it is still doable... just not at wdw.

just checking through itineraries for our cruise and noticed we will be in St Thomas on sept 25 and from what the RCL website tells me, so will you...

dcl is there from 7.45 - 3.30 and rcl is there from 11 - 7 ... so there is a 4.5 hour window where we will be in the same time and dimension in relative space
AWESOME...so lunch at st thomas?????? how cool would that be??? our excursion leaves at 3pm I think...so we could be off the boat by 11.30 if your not doing a full day excursion.....or we could meet for coffee before we board on the 22nd......or after we disembark on the 29th.........
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:40 PM   #259
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren

AWESOME...so lunch at st thomas?????? how cool would that be??? our excursion leaves at 3pm I think...so we could be off the boat by 11.30 if your not doing a full day excursion.....or we could meet for coffee before we board on the 22nd......or after we disembark on the 29th.........
Lunch would be awesome. Our excursion will be quick and will book it for the morning. We will be on our cruise from 21 - 28 and then in universal after that

How random ... 2 aussies meeting up 1/2 way round the world i am sure there will be a suitable pub or cantina nearby or even some kind of picnic option. details later

Old 11-11-2012, 10:41 PM   #260
sims11
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone,

I've been meaning to come in and introduce myself for ages but kept forgetting. We are planning our 6 weeks East coast trip for September/October 2013 which includes WDW and a 7 night Caribbean cruise on the Disney Fantasy. The rest of our trip will include New York, Washington DC, and Niagara Falls and either L A. or Hawaii as a stop over at start and end.

We are, me (Simone), my daughter who will be 6 at time of travel, and my mum. My brother might also join us in the WDW portion but is yet to commit to anything. We are from Melbourne.

So far I have booked our cruise through Dreams Unlimited, booked some accommodation in New York, looked into WDW accommodation but haven't booked anything and just researching New York stuff. I bought a book off Amazon about WDW with kids but haven't read it as yet.

I have a couple of questions for you all...... 1. Would you/have you considered buying 1 annual pass to make use of the discounts? If I got a discounted room rate (without the annual pass) are the room rates discounted anymore with the AP? 2. Should I book WDW accommodation now and then change my booking when/if specials are released or just wait for specials? And 3. a similar question do I book the dinning package with a hotel booking and just hope for a free dining promo or again just wait and see?

Any info would be a huge help cause I'm a bit like this planning this trip

I look forward to joining you in the planning journey

2005: Disneyland Paris.
2009: Disneyland Hong Kong for Rachel's 1st O/S holiday.
2011: Disneyland California as part of our 4 week USA trip.
2012: Disney Aulani, Hawaii. Happy birthday mum/grandma!
September/October 2013: Disneyland, Disney World, and a Disney cruise.

sims11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:12 AM   #261
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sims11
Hi everyone,

I've been meaning to come in and introduce myself for ages but kept forgetting. We are planning our 6 weeks East coast trip for September/October 2013 which includes WDW and a 7 night Caribbean cruise on the Disney Fantasy. The rest of our trip will include New York, Washington DC, and Niagara Falls and either L A. or Hawaii as a stop over at start and end.

We are, me (Simone), my daughter who will be 6 at time of travel, and my mum. My brother might also join us in the WDW portion but is yet to commit to anything. We are from Melbourne.

So far I have booked our cruise through Dreams Unlimited, booked some accommodation in New York, looked into WDW accommodation but haven't booked anything and just researching New York stuff. I bought a book off Amazon about WDW with kids but haven't read it as yet.

I have a couple of questions for you all...... 1. Would you/have you considered buying 1 annual pass to make use of the discounts? If I got a discounted room rate (without the annual pass) are the room rates discounted anymore with the AP? 2. Should I book WDW accommodation now and then change my booking when/if specials are released or just wait for specials? And 3. a similar question do I book the dinning package with a hotel booking and just hope for a free dining promo or again just wait and see?

Welcome Simone.

It sounds like you have a great holiday planned! What day is your cruise? There are a few of us cruising on the 21st.

I'm no expert on booking WDW and have many of the same questions you do. Just a thought though, if you are hoping for the free dining plan, be careful about booking tickets separate from accommodation. I could be wrong, but I think free dining can only be added to a package i.e accommodation and tickets booked together.
WanderlustNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:16 AM   #262
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506
If you book through dreams you still have full access to the disney website and you would still be able to go on and book your port adventures and bbb and make reservations erc. Only thing different to booking it yourself is that a. You get a travel agent who can give tips and tricks. B. You get the free obc and c. They will notify you of all cut off dates and if a better deal comes out they will let you know. Every other aspect of your booking remains the same. Oh and they can do wdw ressies as well
Thanks alicia. :-) It sounds like the whole TA thing might be a win win. I'll email Dreams Unlimited tonight to see if my booking would qualify for OBC.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:23 AM   #263
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sims11
Hi everyone,

Welcome Simone. Your trip sounds like a lot of fun! Ahh Disney maths! Unfortunately there is no easy answer. You might get free dining, but are the savings worth more than an AP room discount? A lot of it depends on what your family is like and how much they eat. Also, which range of hotel you are looking at - I think Isaac that with two or three people in a value, the room discount is a better deal, but in a moderate it's better to get free dining. The only way to figure it out is to crunch the number unfortunately!

Old 11-12-2012, 01:37 AM   #264
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ofus

Welcome Simone. Your trip sounds like a lot of fun! Ahh Disney maths! Unfortunately there is no easy answer. You might get free dining, but are the savings worth more than an AP room discount? A lot of it depends on what your family is like and how much they eat. Also, which range of hotel you are looking at - I think Isaac that with two or three people in a value, the room discount is a better deal, but in a moderate it's better to get free dining. The only way to figure it out is to crunch the number unfortunately!
Hi 5ofus,

Do you mean 'deluxe' as opposed to 'value'? The room discount on a value is usually tiny (about $20), so free dining (even though it's just Quick Service) is a great perk.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:51 AM   #265
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

hi simone! welcome.

i was planning a trip to wdw and was doing the fuzzy maths too. ultimately i had to work out... would the extra $$ spent on an AP really pay for themselves in discounts? ie how much would i have to buy to recoup the extra $$? would a room only discount at a mod be more than FD would save? etc. it required (in my case) a fresh notebook, coloured pens/highlighters and a calculator with fresh batteries and the better part of a saturday morning to work out what worked for us (4 adults).

i think this is a situation that has no clear answer. it really does depend on whether you prefer CS to TS, whether you prefer value to mod, are you going for bigger experiences or smaller budgets etc as to what works for you

i have added you to the roll call on the front page - when you lock your dates in, let me know and i'll update for you

Old 11-12-2012, 02:05 AM   #266
cola
Mouseketeer

Quote:
well, it is still doable... just not at wdw.
Are you keeping it to 2.5wks due to leave entitlements? If not, could you go a few days earlier, just you and Carlo and have some time in WDW? Let the others get the plane by themselves. If you don't try to hit the parks hard, just spend time getting over jetlag relaxing and do 4 days at the WDW with packed lunch etc, it can be pretty cheap! Off season accommodation in Orlando is RIDICULOUSLY cheap, get a mini-car, and it can be a budget trip. It will help you won't all be getting over jetlag/lack of sleep/dehydration at the same time.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:22 AM   #267
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cola View Post
Are you keeping it to 2.5wks due to leave entitlements? If not, could you go a few days earlier, just you and Carlo and have some time in WDW? Let the others get the plane by themselves. If you don't try to hit the parks hard, just spend time getting over jetlag relaxing and do 4 days at the WDW with packed lunch etc, it can be pretty cheap! Off season accommodation in Orlando is RIDICULOUSLY cheap, get a mini-car, and it can be a budget trip. It will help you won't all be getting over jetlag/lack of sleep/dehydration at the same time.
hi cola -- yes, at this point it is 2.5 weeks only due to leave entitlements.. i have tried crunching numbers and dates but it's just not going to happen this trip. i do have the consolation prize of carlo and i going in may/june 2014 for star wars weekend + 7 night western caribbean on the dcl fantasy so we will have plenty of time to do wdw up right then, with hopefully a side trip to either nyc or washington dc in with that one as well

Old 11-12-2012, 02:33 AM   #268
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderlustNZ

Hi 5ofus,

Do you mean 'deluxe' as opposed to 'value'? The room discount on a value is usually tiny (about $20), so free dining (even though it's just Quick Service) is a great perk.
Oops, I meant the other way around! I ave an awful tummy bug that seems to be affecting my brain!

Old 11-12-2012, 02:47 AM   #269
cola
Mouseketeer

Quote:
hi cola -- yes, at this point it is 2.5 weeks only due to leave entitlements.. i have tried crunching numbers and dates but it's just not going to happen this trip. i do have the consolation prize of carlo and i going in may/june 2014 for star wars weekend + 7 night western caribbean on the dcl fantasy so we will have plenty of time to do wdw up right then, with hopefully a side trip to either nyc or washington dc in with that one as well
You might be going before the Harry Potter extension opens! Ah well, at least that means you have another excuse to get back to Orlando.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #270
Feej
Mouseketeer

Okay, I'll check in for 2013.

Not 100% yet, but most likely will be in the US for work conference again and will also be spending time with some friends that live in Hollywood, who have annual passes.

No planning this time, just gonna go and hang out with them there.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: