Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 08:29 AM   #16
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwt580 View Post
We are planning a lunch at any one of the following just cant decide. Wcc or wave or kona or gfc. Wanted to do chef mickeys but no times for lunch available. Our flight is at 5:30 so we plan on being back to Wl by 2pm we figure to be safe.
I love all four of those; WCC is just plain fun, I just discovered the Wave this past year and enjoyed the atmosphere; I love Kona for breakfast; and GFC is my must-do every year. You cannot go wrong with any one of these.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:43 AM   #17
cwt580
DIS Veteran

Already have at least 1 bf adr at all these choices just not a lunch. Wcc we have a bf and dinner scheduled...

Just trying to figure out the best lunch choice. Our wave adr is for breakfast and have never tried it before. We have eaten at all the others over the yrs.

Also does WL have bag check for the airlines(delta)? Have heard you can check in your bags instead of having bell services hold till you get the ME bus..

cwt580 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #18
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Already have at least 1 bf adr at all these choices just not a lunch. Wcc we have a bf and dinner scheduled...

Just trying to figure out the best lunch choice. Our wave adr is for breakfast and have never tried it before. We have eaten at all the others over the yrs.

Also does WL have bag check for the airlines(delta)? Have heard you can check in your bags instead of having bell services hold till you get the ME bus..
Delta is part of the participating airlines with RAC; Resort Airline Check-in. You can check your bags from 5 am to 1 pm, but they must be checked in no later than 3 hours before your departing flight.

Or you can leave your bags with guest services and then retrieve them and take them on the bus. The bus driver will load them under the bus and tipping is expected; about $1.00 a bag.

You can check out all the info about RAC on the Transportation Board.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:04 AM   #19
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
I understand what you're saying but they don't always leave on time. They will often wait a few extra minutes for their no-shows. They don't have to wait, but they do.
Yes, that's true. But here's the thing...if I am on the bus at the first stop, and the driver waits an addlt 5 mins or so, for late comers, and then proceeds to do that at the next two stops?? We are now at least 15 mins behind schedule. If there are any issues on the road, then I can quite possibly be rushing at the airport..and that is something I don't like to do.
I know that on one bus, we were sitting at CBR. The bus was pretty full. The driver had checked in part of a large group. Seems the others in the group had wanted to stop off someplace on the way to the bus...and they were now late. The driver told the boarded part of the group that she would wait another few mins but then would have to leave. The group tried callling the missing members...don't know if they reached them or not. After about 10 mins of sitting (in addition to the 10 mins we had already been there!!) the driver said she was going to have to leave...the boarded members of that group so to go ahead. As the driver started to close the doors, she noticed a suitcase sitting there, on the ground, next to the bus!! She got out, looked it over, then got back on the bus and asked if it belonged to anyone on the bus!!! We spent a total of 30 mins at that one resort!! I got to MCO about 90 mins prior to flight departure time...not a happy camper!!!

Quote:
We are planning a lunch at any one of the following just cant decide. Wcc or wave or kona or gfc. Wanted to do chef mickeys but no times for lunch available. Our flight is at 5:30 so we plan on being back to Wl by 2pm we figure to be safe.
You should be fine!!!

Quote:

My favorite meal at WCC is actually lunch!!! I say go there, and then not worry about having to get back to WL in time.
And yes, you can check your bags at WL if flying Delta. You just have to have the bags checked no less than 3 hrs prior to your flight, but that isn't going to be an issue for you. I would bring them all down to the RAC counter before you head out to lunch. You will then have your boarding passes issued as well. Leave any carryon baggage with Bell Services, and get them when you are done eating!!
Old 11-15-2012, 06:06 PM   #20
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Just to add my experience - the last two times I have taken ME, the buses have been running late. Once everyone that was in line was boarded, the driver took off. No waiting for people who are late, no head count. FWIW, this was a Saturday and weekends are very busy check-in/check-out times. ME was VERY busy.

Also, I believe the letter I got the day before we left telling me my ME time advised us to be there 15 minutes early. Even if it doesn't say that, I still would. There was quite a line and a few families couldn't sit together. They even had to leave a couple parties behind and wait for the next bus (10 mins behind) because they were so busy and some buses had to take people who were late, etc. It wasn't too organized in my last experience.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: