Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 09:16 AM   #1666
CaliKT
Mouseketeer

Ah, Jungle Cruiser, I feel your pain. We were out of power for 12 days due to Sandy. A tree knocked down the pole, so all the cable, telephone, and electrical wires were in our yard. Freaked me out! The cable wires are still on the ground waiting for a crew with a cherry picker to rehang them, but I'm so grateful for the worker who jerryrigged some connection so that our house was back with cable, Internet, and phone. He did warn us that a slight breeze could undo it.

Our Mickey Mail came during this period, on a day when our house was a chilly 44 degrees inside! All that kept me going through the whole ordeal was to remember that in a few short weeks, I would be WDW at the WL.

Hang in there!

Old 11-15-2012, 01:16 PM   #1667
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

I just uploaded pas130's/Jeanette's photos she took today in the lobby of WL

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2012, 01:25 PM   #1668
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacarmic View Post
Can anyone here comment on the quality of AT&T cell reception at the wilderness lodge? We stayed the caribbean beach last time and cell reception was virtually non-existent. Didn't know if I can count on the my phone for data or will I have to buy the Disney wifi.

Thanks,
Scott
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Freak56 View Post
I returned less than 3 weeks ago and we had no problem with AT&T cell reception in the entire lodge, including the Villas and the Club Level - split stay.

And now for the really good news - WiFi is free at all Disney resorts.

Our Wi-Fi reception was good in both areas of the resort.

Hope this helps!
Thank you for helping Scott out - I've only used Verizon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowbat View Post
Ten days away!

Just did online check-in. I've tried it two other times with poor results, but third time's the charm, right?
You're doing OCI for CL? Did it work this time for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
Thank you KOOK!!! I am at the Library using their wifi. Verizon came, said the damage was so extensive they have to send a full crew with cherry picker truck, so who knows. By the time life gets back to normal around here, I will be on my way to the WL!

Ugh, when will life get back to normal for all of you in the NJ/NY areas? I do hope the library doesn't end-up your second home - but thank goodness you have it. Your vacation can not come soon enough. Jeanette and the girls are breaking everything in for you in the MK area right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliKT View Post
Ah, Jungle Cruiser, I feel your pain. We were out of power for 12 days due to Sandy. A tree knocked down the pole, so all the cable, telephone, and electrical wires were in our yard. Freaked me out! The cable wires are still on the ground waiting for a crew with a cherry picker to rehang them, but I'm so grateful for the worker who jerryrigged some connection so that our house was back with cable, Internet, and phone. He did warn us that a slight breeze could undo it.

Our Mickey Mail came during this period, on a day when our house was a chilly 44 degrees inside! All that kept me going through the whole ordeal was to remember that in a few short weeks, I would be WDW at the WL.

Hang in there!
No one breathe in the direction of poor CaliKT. Is life starting to get back to normal or is it far from it?
Old 11-15-2012, 01:48 PM   #1669
bowbat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
You're doing OCI for CL? Did it work this time for you?
Yeah, thought I'd give it a shot after reading some posts on here that you still get the CL check-in, it's just sped up a bit. And it worked fine on my end... we'll see how things go when we get there. The other two times I've done OCI it didn't speed the process up at all. Hoping those cases were just bad luck, though.
Wilderness Lodge – 10/2011, 11/2012, 11/2013
Boardwalk Inn – 11/2011, 3/2014
Grand Floridian – 2/2012
Yacht Club – 6/2013
Old 11-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #1670
NHKristy76
Senior Mousketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorEye View Post
Just Google the phrase Wilderness Lodge Christmas music loop and there should be places that stream it. I think there was one on soundcloud that I remember from last year.

I have mine from quite a while ago. I'm not sure if they've actually changed it since then, but it makes me feel like home so it doesn't matter if they have or not.
Hmm. I guess it's been awhile since I've been at the Lodge at Christmas time... The music on soundcloud doesn't sound familiar to me at all.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #1671
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

We'll see how it goes for us... our 19 year old gets there before us, so he will check in. He better get us a good room
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 11-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #1672
aml3679
Kita's Mom

I think I will be able to keep the surprise up until we arrive at the Orlando Airport and take the Magical Express bus. I am so excited.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:40 PM   #1673
familygoboston
Mouseketeer

Question Questions for experts

We have an opportunity to change our room only res from a one BR at Bay Lake Towers to WL and save over $600 ( 3 nights).

My questions are:
- can you take the boat over to the monorail resorts and ride the monorail to EPCOT, or must you take the bus.

-anyone stayed at both and have an opinion about which is nicer, I know WL has wonderful theming from our visits there.

-space question; we have two big teens and the extra toilet and second pullout bed in the living area (so the girls wouldn't need to share a bed) at BLT seems like an advantage. The WLV seem to be similar to the BW and YC and BC , Saratoga Springs etc villas we've stayed in before, and there would be one queen sofa sleeper ( can you get a rollaway in there, I don't think so)

Any and all opinions appreciated, basically the savings would pay for the remainder of our tix. TIA!
ABD Andean Highlands and Galapagos Islands 2012
Photo Review: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2987674
WDW- visits since 1976, lost count a long time ago.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:05 PM   #1674
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by familygoboston View Post
We have an opportunity to change our room only res from a one BR at Bay Lake Towers to WL and save over $600 ( 3 nights).

My questions are:
- can you take the boat over to the monorail resorts and ride the monorail to EPCOT, or must you take the bus.

-anyone stayed at both and have an opinion about which is nicer, I know WL has wonderful theming from our visits there.

-space question; we have two big teens and the extra toilet and second pullout bed in the living area (so the girls wouldn't need to share a bed) at BLT seems like an advantage. The WLV seem to be similar to the BW and YC and BC , Saratoga Springs etc villas we've stayed in before, and there would be one queen sofa sleeper ( can you get a rollaway in there, I don't think so)

Any and all opinions appreciated, basically the savings would pay for the remainder of our tix. TIA!
We were just at BLT in a one bedroom and our son and his friend were able to join us for three nights. They got the living room - twin sleeper chair and queen sleeper sofa and used the smaller bathroom. It was very convenient for us. We'll be in a VWL two bedroom in January with from four to six people so it should be fine for us.

DVC will not provide any cots for the villas. So your kids will have to sleep together at VWL or you'll need to bring your own aerobed. And all four of you will need to share the bathroom off the master bedroom. The shower area is separate from the toilet, but you have to go through the shower area to get to the toilet. And you'll have two separate sink areas (in to different rooms). But not two separate bathrooms.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:17 PM   #1675
familygoboston
Mouseketeer

Thanks! Its great to get a perspective of both places. This is what we were thinking, if our kids were tots, maybe the smaller room would be ok, like they were in the studios in days gone by. I'm thinking we should stay with the BLT.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:45 PM   #1676
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Woo hoo check the ticker!!!! FINALLY WL!!!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 11-15-2012, 08:48 PM   #1677
GatorEye
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHKristy76 View Post
Hmm. I guess it's been awhile since I've been at the Lodge at Christmas time... The music on soundcloud doesn't sound familiar to me at all.
It's the same one that I have which is 7 years old. Either you went before that and they changed it when I was there or you have been fairly recently and there is something different now. Guess I'll find out in a few weeks.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:36 AM   #1678
WDWKOOK

Quote:

My questions are:

Quote:
Thanks! Its great to get a perspective of both places. This is what we were thinking, if our kids were tots, maybe the smaller room would be ok, like they were in the studios in days gone by. I'm thinking we should stay with the BLT.
Just answered your question on the CR thread, but I think I was preaching to the choir after seeing your response here. Yes you can take the blue flag boat to the CR and then walk to the MK or monorail to the Poly and GF.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:37 AM   #1679
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Woo hoo check the ticker!!!! FINALLY WL!!!
Well it's about time! HA! Congratulations and now it's official
Old 11-16-2012, 07:37 AM   #1680
sacarmic
Earning My Ears

Thanks you all for your responses about cell service. Didn't know they now have free wifi. Is it usable though? A lot of time hotels install wifi without enough capacity to handle all usage, so it ends up being pointless.

Thanks,
Scott
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: