DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 11:35 PM   #1771
JimmyJam838
Mouseketeer

jockotaco,
Those would be rooms ending in x500 and x506 are is a dedicated 2 bedroom along with 3522. 3522 would give you the best view of world of color if it is not blocked by any trees. If you click here you can see a complete floor plan. Toward the bottom of the page is a color coded map of the villas.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #1772
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockotaco View Post
I am sure this is posted somewhere but I am looking for 2 bedroom villa suggestions. Would like park/ world of color views.
This would be my request:
5506, 6500, 5500, 4500, 4506, 3522, 3500, 3506

My reasons:
x506 has a better angle to WOC than x500, but a tree directly outside the villas is an obstruction on lower floors.
6500 can have noise from other guests using the patio to view WOC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJam838 View Post
Those would be rooms ending in x500 and x506 are is a dedicated 2 bedroom along with 3522. 3522 would give you the best view of world of color if it is not blocked by any trees.
3522 is closest and has the best angle to view WOC, but the trees are an issue.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #1773
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie63 View Post
What kind of bedding is used in the Villas? Are they duvets or quilts?
There is a comforter (down or down-like), which is wrapped on both sides with sheets. A bedspread is on top. The hotel has switched to a narrow bedspread at the foot of the bed, but the villas still have full size bedspreads.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #1774
friends with mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
This would be my request:
5506, 6500, 5500, 4500, 4506, 3522, 3500, 3506

My reasons:
x506 has a better angle to WOC than x500, but a tree directly outside the villas is an obstruction on lower floors.
6500 can have noise from other guests using the patio to view WOC.

3522 is closest and has the best angle to view WOC, but the trees are an issue.
We were in 6500 in September and it was GREAT! We never experienced any noise from guests using the viewing patio. The views of the park are wonderful. Watching WOC from there provides views you do not get from the ground. Make sure you see WOC from both vantage points however, it is a very different experience from above. You really can enjoy the fountains and colors from 6500.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:59 PM   #1775
Susie63
Dreamin' of Disney

Thank you Nonsuch You have been so helpful in planning our first DVC stay.YOU ARE AWESOME
Old 11-14-2012, 08:33 PM   #1776
BlazerFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by friends with mickey

We were in 6500 in September and it was GREAT! We never experienced any noise from guests using the viewing patio. The views of the park are wonderful. Watching WOC from there provides views you do not get from the ground. Make sure you see WOC from both vantage points however, it is a very different experience from above. You really can enjoy the fountains and colors from 6500.
We've been lucky to stay in 5500 and 5506 our last few stays.

You really have to see WOC from the park but I also enjoyed watching the 2nd show each night from our balcony, or listening to the soundtrack through the open patio door as a lullaby :-)
BlazerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:24 PM   #1777
Goofy4Pooh
Earning My Ears

We stayed in 5508 and loved it. Watched WOC every night from our balcony! We will be going back in a year with my brother and sister-in-law and was wondering if anyone had pictures of the view from 3522. I am also planning a small family reunion and would love to see pics of the view from the park side grand villa if anyone has stayed there. 8

1981 Honeymoon at WDW
1991 First trip back with DH, DS (9), DD (3)
1992 ~ 2010 60+ trips to WDW
Have stayed at Disney Village Resort (which became The Disney Institute and is now Saratoga Springs Resort) The Contemporary, Dixie Landings (which is now Port Orleans Riverside), Caribbean Beach, All Star Music, Movies & Sports, Pop Century, and The Wilderness Lodge
May 2010 became DVC Member (Home base is DGC) and have stayed at SSR, VWL, AKV, and OKW. Sept 2011~ 30th Anniv at DGC Disneyland!
Goofy4Pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:36 PM   #1778
aymekae
Mouseketeer

Hello! Hoping to get some waitlist advice.

First of all, do you think I have any chance of upgrading to a 2 bdr from the 1 bdr I have booked at VGC from 1/24-1/27/13?

Second, do I need to submit separate waitlist requests for a 2 bdr dedicated and a 2 bdr lock-off? (I know I can only have 2 waitlists per UY, which is fine by me, but I don't want to do it if it's not necessary).

Third, how smart is the waitlist system? Since I have 1 bdr booked, and a studio becomes available during my time, will they recognize that as having a 2 bdr available for me in particular? (My guess is absolutely not, but I have to ask.)

Fourth, I am requesting to replace an existing reservation. If my waitlist comes through, and that reservation is cancelled, I will have enough points for the 2 bdr. If they try to book it before cancelling the first reservation, I will not have enough points without borrowing. I don't want to borrow, obviously, as I have no plans to use this this UY, so I declined that option on the waitlist request. But am I shooting myself in the foot, since they cancel a waitlist that doesn't have available points? (In other words, which comes first, the chicken or the egg?!)

Thanks in advance!

Ben (33) Ayme (29) Ian (1)

DLR Trips - Last: Jan. 2014 Next: Mar. 2015
Honeymoon to WDW (Wilderness Lodge) Sep. 11, 2008
Western Caribbean Cruise (Magic) Dec. 10, 2011
Aulani Nov. 3-12, 2012
Eastern Caribbean Cruise (Fantasy) Dec. 14, 2013
Disneyland Jan. 16-18, 2014 (Neverland 5K)
aymekae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:57 PM   #1779
spe1983
Earning My Ears

Was able to book a full week in a studio villa for the second week of December(4 days at 7 months, 1 day checking almost twice a day for months, and then the last two days setting up separate wait lists which came through right before the 30 day point). Haven't been to Disneyland since 1989, quite excited to finally go somewhere for my birthday with my wife and 16 month old daughter.

Expecting it to be quite busy due to the holidays but with 6-7 days in the parks it should allow us to take it slow and get a chance to catch everything. Highly anticipating the new additions to the park, and finally getting to ride the Matterhorn I coveted so highly when I was 6. This thread is great, so much good information.
spe1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #1780
salemk
Mouseketeer

Parking Question

I know the self park lot is located across the street from the hotel. I was wondering what the parking lot right in front of the hotel was for? Is it just temporary parking to check in or drop off something really quick? I have a handicap placard & was wondering where I could park at? Does anybody know if you can get free Valet parking if your handicap?
salemk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #1781
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by salemk View Post
I have a handicap placard & was wondering where I could park at? Does anybody know if you can get free Valet parking if your handicap?
There are a few handicap parking spaces in the small lot, otherwise the lot is used for valet. I don't know about free valet, however those few handicap parking spots seem inadequate for the size of the Grand.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:58 PM   #1782
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by spe1983 View Post
Was able to book a full week in a studio villa for the second week of December(4 days at 7 months, 1 day checking almost twice a day for months, and then the last two days setting up separate wait lists which came through right before the 30 day point). Haven't been to Disneyland since 1989, quite excited to finally go somewhere for my birthday with my wife and 16 month old daughter.

Expecting it to be quite busy due to the holidays but with 6-7 days in the parks it should allow us to take it slow and get a chance to catch everything. Highly anticipating the new additions to the park, and finally getting to ride the Matterhorn I coveted so highly when I was 6. This thread is great, so much good information.
Wow, that's great that you were able to get those days! Lucked out with those wait lists! Enjoy our home.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #1783
kerickson
VGC Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymekae View Post
Hello! Hoping to get some waitlist advice.

First of all, do you think I have any chance of upgrading to a 2 bdr from the 1 bdr I have booked at VGC from 1/24-1/27/13?
I'm not sure the demand difference between 2BR and 1BR. When did you put yourself on the waitlist? If at or before the 7mo mark, then you probably are pretty high on the list. I think many folks have good luck, but with such small inventory it's hard to predict) I'd make sure you have a back up plan if you really need the extra room.

Quote:
Second, do I need to submit separate waitlist requests for a 2 bdr dedicated and a 2 bdr lock-off? (I know I can only have 2 waitlists per UY, which is fine by me, but I don't want to do it if it's not necessary).
My understanding is yes, since they are different inventory. If I remember correctly, I booked a 2BR lock off at Aulani and waitlisted for the dedicated last June.

Quote:
Third, how smart is the waitlist system? Since I have 1 bdr booked, and a studio becomes available during my time, will they recognize that as having a 2 bdr available for me in particular? (My guess is absolutely not, but I have to ask.)
I assume the system doesn't have that intelligence. Once they cancel your studio it will automatically go to the first person on the waitlist. I don't think the have a way to convert from a 1BR to a 2BR on an existing reservation.

Quote:
Fourth, I am requesting to replace an existing reservation. If my waitlist comes through, and that reservation is cancelled, I will have enough points for the 2 bdr. If they try to book it before cancelling the first reservation, I will not have enough points without borrowing. I don't want to borrow, obviously, as I have no plans to use this this UY, so I declined that option on the waitlist request. But am I shooting myself in the foot, since they cancel a waitlist that doesn't have available points? (In other words, which comes first, the chicken or the egg?!)
That's sounds a bit tricky for the system or a CM to handle. The CM might have a way to do it (hold the 2BR for you, then cancel the Studio, then book the 2BR), best to call and ask them directly how their current process/system will handle your scenario. You might want to call back and get another opinion just to be sure. Have you thought about getting on a waitlist for 1BR instead, or does your party have to be all in the same unit? The villas are all in the same wing, so if you have adults in both units, it's probably not that inconvenient to walk for the studio to the 1BR in the morning for breakfast, for example.

kerickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #1784
aymekae
Mouseketeer

Thanks for your response. I currently have a 1 bdr, not a studio. And I spoke to my family members, who said they'd rather get their own accommodations rather than cram in with us, lol. I'll still take a 2 bdr if I get it for the extra space, but we're all covered otherwise.

I guess I'll have to call them with my question about having available points.

Ben (33) Ayme (29) Ian (1)

DLR Trips - Last: Jan. 2014 Next: Mar. 2015
Honeymoon to WDW (Wilderness Lodge) Sep. 11, 2008
Western Caribbean Cruise (Magic) Dec. 10, 2011
Aulani Nov. 3-12, 2012
Eastern Caribbean Cruise (Fantasy) Dec. 14, 2013
Disneyland Jan. 16-18, 2014 (Neverland 5K)
aymekae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:56 AM   #1785
ChrisSD
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy4Pooh View Post
We stayed in 5508 and loved it. Watched WOC every night from our balcony! We will be going back in a year with my brother and sister-in-law and was wondering if anyone had pictures of the view from 3522. I am also planning a small family reunion and would love to see pics of the view from the park side grand villa if anyone has stayed there. 8
I had 3522 in 2011. I'll get some pics up. This year I had 4518 - that room, well, sucks as far as the view. Was so disappointed when I checked in.
ChrisSD is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: