Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 10:44 AM   #16
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama_ed View Post
You asked for our opinions so I will give you mine.

Of all our trips to the Fort I have gotten a golf cart once because we had some senior citizens in our group.

For me, I don't want to spend the money if I don't have to. We bring bikes and also walk at the Fort. The longest distance walk is only about 20 minutes at the furthest (beach to check-in area).

Campsites and cabin parking spots do have space for a vehicle and cart.

Pool parking for carts are behind the Bike Barn (about a 20 yard walk from the pool).

Hey, it's only money!

Bama ED
We thoroughly enjoy walking at FW and taking time to *smell the roses*. Especially in the morning hours, it's so nice to walk the paths.

We both have bicycles, ride them at home, and take them to the Smoky Mtns. especially, but do not bring them to Disney because we don't take the time to leisurely ride them. There's too many other things that we go that distance for, that we can only do there.

I do see some families riding bikes, and that's great, and for anyone else that likes to get around in different ways there. Everyone has their own ways of relaxing and enjoying WDW. That's the beauty of it.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:03 AM   #17
99blackz
ROLL TIDE

Cart

If you have small children I would say yes. I personally have a DS 6 and DS 17 months and its a pretty good walk to all the various activities pushing a stroller or carrying a child, and bicycles are out of the question (unless you have a tot carrier/trailer). Not to mention having the mobility to get around quickly and easily to see ALL the wonderful decorations that time of year.

But, like everyone has mentioned, to each his/her own. Don't fret over it, you will have a "MAGICAL" time either way!!!!!
99blackz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 03:47 PM   #18
starjazz
Mouseketeer

After reading that whole Buses thread on the other board, I made reservations for two 4-seaters for Feb when we are in the cabins.

There's 10 of us - 3 little ones (2 yo, 4 yo & 5 yo).
starjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:30 PM   #19
WILDERNESS FAN 55
CANNOT GET ENOUGH

Quote:
Originally Posted by starjazz View Post
After reading that whole Buses thread on the other board, I made reservations for two 4-seaters for Feb when we are in the cabins.

IMO nice choice You won't regret it especially with the little ones. Still remeber when my girls were about 6 and 8 and went out to "sit" on the golf cart parked at our cabin. A few minutes later I heard this small crash and I found out they took the key out to play also and rolled the cart in to the Cabin.No real damage and the looks on their faces when I went out there was certainly something I'll never forget (they don't either) Enjoy your trip . Make lots of memories!

Off site 72-76-76-77-78(MM 50th b-day) 79-81-82-85-86 FW-84-86-88-90-90-91-92-95-96
Poly 87 GF 88 CR 90 CBR 91-06-10
Disney Inn 93 ASM 95-96-02 CS 98
POFQ 97 DIXIE Landing 00 POR 07-08 WL-11
DL-Honeymoon-77 03 OKW -13 BLT-13 BWV-13
Trips planned 2015 WDW 2016 Aulani 2017 WDW XMAS
WILDERNESS FAN 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:21 PM   #20
vtwinwilly
Earning My Ears

I will be leaving for the Fort day after tomorrow and will be there for the week of Thanksgiving.

For the first time I'm going to rent a cart. Have never done it before, but on my last trip, got tired of waiting on buses especially late at night when returning from parks after extended hours.

I'm renting for the whole week and really don't know if it's going to be worth the expense, but there's one way to find out!

I'll report back later and let you know my impressions.
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #21
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Actually the FW internal buses run fairly often. We have had very little wait times with them - now sometimes at the outpost the wait can be a little long - especially if you have the luck to have just missed your park bus
Old 11-15-2012, 09:54 AM   #22
starjazz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
Actually the FW internal buses run fairly often. We have had very little wait times with them - now sometimes at the outpost the wait can be a little long - especially if you have the luck to have just missed your park bus
With a party as big as ours, and two strollers plus gear, I think I'll just save us and everyone else, the headache of trying to load the buses. I mean, I'm pretty sure we have no choice on Epcot day, but we're planning 4 MK days, and 1 Epcot day (no HS or AK), so hopefully it'll go smoothly.

Could probably have spent the same money on a conversion van or taxis for the week, but I think the carts will give more freedom and be more fun. As previous poster said, only one way to find out.

They're $35/day currently using Kenny. He has 6-seaters for $55/day.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:03 AM   #23
WILDERNESS FAN 55
CANNOT GET ENOUGH

Quote:
With a party as big as ours, and two strollers plus gear, I think I'll just save us and everyone else, the headache of trying to load the buses. I mean, I'm pretty sure we have no choice on Epcot day, but we're planning 4 MK days, and 1 Epcot day (no HS or AK), so hopefully it'll go smoothly.

Could probably have spent the same money on a conversion van or taxis for the week, but I think the carts will give more freedom and be more fun. As previous poster said, only one way to find out.

Sounds like fun . We would drive the cart up to the Marina, plug in and take boat to MK .Come back for naps when kids were youmger and hop on the cart and drive back to cabin. Then do the same when we went back later in day. Much more convenient than the buses especially with young ones. I haven't stayed in FW for a while now and you're making me jealous.Enjoy your trip.

Off site 72-76-76-77-78(MM 50th b-day) 79-81-82-85-86 FW-84-86-88-90-90-91-92-95-96
Old 11-15-2012, 10:19 AM   #24
starjazz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDERNESS FAN 55 View Post
Sounds like fun . We would drive the cart up to the Marina, plug in and take boat to MK .Come back for naps when kids were youmger and hop on the cart and drive back to cabin. Then do the same when we went back later in day. Much more convenient than the buses especially with young ones. I haven't stayed in FW for a while now and you're making me jealous.Enjoy your trip.
Thanks! We're really looking forward to experiencing Disney's wild side. We ALMOST went off-site in one of those big beautiful homes in Windsor, because there's soooo much more space and amenities, but then we decided we forgo all that just to do it 100% Disney.

Little tikes' first times, so we want to totally immerse them. FW seems like its so family friendly (not that others aren't) with tons to do, so even if the two older ones don't want to rest for long in the afternoon, they won't be bored waiting for their little sister to wake up from her nap!
Old 11-15-2012, 01:59 PM   #25
retired and happy
Auburn-him/Alabama-her

You really don't need to plug the GC in at the Marina (or other parking space). If the batteries are good, you can go several days without charging, although overnight charging every night is recommended. It takes about 16 hours for a total charge of depleted batteries. Running short trips around the Fort should not deplete the batteries.

But from my point of view, carts are definitely recommended, but not absolutely necessary.
retired and happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:04 PM   #26
kittycruize
Mouseketeer

Can anyone tell me how much the golf carts are per day? Also, how many do they seat, and can you put a stroller in them? My daughter has 3 little ones, and also will have a double stroller.

How far away is the parking spot for the carts, to the water taxi? Where do you park when you go to the restaurant there?

TIA!!
Old 11-15-2012, 04:08 PM   #27
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Why would you have no choice Epcot day? There are places near the outpost bus area that you can park your cart if that's what you were concerned about.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #28
sbtw13
Earning My Ears

I would not be comfortable putting little children in the carts , but obviously lots of people are. We have 2 children under 3 and a double stroller . The kids love riding the bus and it comes really quickly. It is much easier to use than I thought it would be. If you are staying in the cabins request the 2700 or 2800 loop and you can easily walk to the outpost to catch the park busses and not have to transfer
sbtw13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:25 PM   #29
WILDERNESS FAN 55
CANNOT GET ENOUGH

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycruize View Post
Can anyone tell me how much the golf carts are per day? Also, how many do they seat, and can you put a stroller in them? My daughter has 3 little ones, and also will have a double stroller.

How far away is the parking spot for the carts, to the water taxi? Where do you park when you go to the restaurant there?

TIA!!
Don't know the current pricing however you can put a stroller folded up in them. Don't know about a double stroller though.They seat 4. I disagree with some on here because I believe the internal buses take too long. With that I have always rented carts when we stayed there. Most trips we stayed in 2100 loop. Closer to main pool and store if we wanted to walk. Have fun !

Old 11-15-2012, 07:40 PM   #30
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

$64ish a day for a 4 seated from Disney.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: