Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
MomtoGKC
DIS Veteran

Best breakfast or lunch options

We are going to have a slow morning on the night we are going to MVMCP so I am looking for a great breakfast or lunch. The problem is that this is kind of a last minute trip so we don't have too many choices.

We are staying at Wilderness Lodge and have never eaten at WC - should we try breakfast or lunch there? I think the kids would like the atmosphere if they are doing the fun stuff we read about.

What about Boma - is it worth driving over there to try it? I've been there for dinner.

Any other ideas in case I find openings as I check in the next few weeks? My mom LOVES Crystal Palace but of course it is booked. I also don't know if I want to deal with going to MK since we will be going there later.

Thanks!

Mom to DD 13 , DD 11 , DS 9

1975-present - Too many trips to remember - CR, Poly, GF, BWI, BCV, WL, AKL, ASMu, POR, CSR, Dolphin, Swan, Treehouses (old), cabins, tent camping, SOG when it was the golf resort

A few offsite - Hilton Bonnet Creek, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Buena Vista Palace, Nick Hotel
MomtoGKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:08 PM   #2
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomtoGKC
What about Boma - is it worth driving over there to try it? I've been there for dinner.
Boma is one of my favorite breakfast places at WDW. They have a few African-influenced items and then a lot of the traditional American options as well. My family makes a point of driving there for breakfast at least once.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2012, 05:00 PM   #3
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

The great thing about a slow day is that you can go almost anywhere.

I really like your Boma idea (nice for a good late breakfast/brunch with tons of variety and great selections that should keep everyone feeling full for the better part of the day).

Some other ideas to consider for a very low key breakfast or lunch (these restaurants get mostly positive reviews, are not outrageously expensive (for Disney) and getting an ADR shouldn't be a problem):

Kona Cafe
Grand Floridian Cafe

And if you'd like to see characters:

Cape May Cafe (relatively low key compared to other character breakfasts and the food and selection are quite good IMO)
Old 11-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #4
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

I would highly recommend Kona
Old 11-15-2012, 05:14 PM   #5
Kae
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masonmj84 View Post
The great thing about a slow day is that you can go almost anywhere.

I really like your Boma idea (nice for a good late breakfast/brunch with tons of variety and great selections that should keep everyone feeling full for the better part of the day).

Some other ideas to consider for a very low key breakfast or lunch (these restaurants get mostly positive reviews, are not outrageously expensive (for Disney) and getting an ADR shouldn't be a problem):

Kona Cafe
Grand Floridian Cafe

And if you'd like to see characters:

Cape May Cafe (relatively low key compared to other character breakfasts and the food and selection are quite good IMO)
I agree with the above. Also think about some CS options. At Epcot you can snack around the WS.

Kae
Oct 1999-POFQ May 1996-AS Music May 1994-Travel Lodge DTD Dec 1971-Contemporary
DisneyLand-March 2006
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #6
amym2
DIS Veteran

We had breakfast at Boma last month... YUM! We're going to have a tough time deciding whether to go there for breakfast or dinner on future trips (we loved Boma's dinner when we ate there 2 years ago).

We also really enjoyed Cape May for breakfast last year.

Have only done WCC for dinner, and from what I have read, you don't get the same antics (at least not as much) for breakfast. But since you are staying at WL, I'd say give it a try.
amym2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: