Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 08:04 AM   #1
caravarela
Mouseketeer

What to order at Le Chefs?

We are dining here for the first time next week. We usually do a CRT dinner but haven't been able to find it, so we had an extra ADR to book.

What do you recommend? We are pretty plain eaters.

App: Thinking onion soup. I've never had an onion soup, but I've heard great things.

Entree: This one is tough.. can't decide between the chicken, short ribs, or mac and cheese! I'm sure DH will get the short ribs as he's a very "meat and potatoes" guy.

Dessert: No idea what to order. Several of them sound good. People rave about the creme brulee here, but I've never tried creme brulee so I don't know what to expect.

Thanks!

Nov/Dec 08: Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa
Nov/Dec 09: Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa
Nov/Dec 10: 2Nights CSR, 7Nights Polynesian
Nov/Dec 11: Coronado Springs "Surprise the kids" trip
Nov/Dec 12: Coronado Springs
November 13: Caribbean Beach Pirate Room
November 14: Coronado Springs
caravarela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:08 AM   #2
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by caravarela View Post
We are dining here for the first time next week. We usually do a CRT dinner but haven't been able to find it, so we had an extra ADR to book.

What do you recommend? We are pretty plain eaters.

App: Thinking onion soup. I've never had an onion soup, but I've heard great things.

Entree: This one is tough.. can't decide between the chicken, short ribs, or mac and cheese! I'm sure DH will get the short ribs as he's a very "meat and potatoes" guy.

Dessert: No idea what to order. Several of them sound good. People rave about the creme brulee here, but I've never tried creme brulee so I don't know what to expect.

Thanks!
Apps: The goat cheese salad is phenominal. But I think the winner is the cheese board. OMG is delicious. So good. Big enough to share!

Entree: I've only tried the short ribs. I was very pleasantly surprised by this dish. The beef was sooooo tender and lean, you can cut it with a fork. The sauce is very good. So were the noodles. I heard the mac n' cheese was amazing too. That would be my next dish to try! My son had the roast chicken with potatoes, that was also fantastic!

Dessert: I've tried the profiteroles and they were good. But I liked the Creme Brulee much better. It was incredible.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2012, 08:21 AM   #3
Maggie Lizer
DIS Veteran

The onion soup was excellent, IMHO.

The short ribs, while tender, were so incredibly bland and flavorless that I would not get them again.
When I say "unseasoned" I am not just saying it needed salt - it needed more umph. Some herbs and spices would have made the short ribs great, but as they were, I didn't even bother finishing my dinner.

We didn't do dessert there, so I cannot comment on that.

First trip with DS2 4/29 - 5/8/14.

Maggie Lizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #4
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

NOT the duck.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #5
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Location: Currently working for the Mouse in Beijing, China with Disney English.

I had the fixed price lunch with french onion soup, quiche lorraine and creme brulee - especially loved the soup and creme brulee - the quiche wasn't bad - I would order it again - should come with a warning though - all of that is very rich and heavy. I also have had the short ribs before and LOVED this dish!
Jill * 1984 DL * 1986 WDW * 1994 Euro Disney * 1996 WDW * 2009 WDW POR * March 2010 DLRP Santa Fe * June 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * November 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * February 2011 DLRP Dream Castle * May 2011 WDW Sheraton Vistana / Hilton Bonnet Creek * September 2011 WDW Night of Joy Hilton DTD * March 2012 WDW Pop * April 2012 WDW AKL * May 2012 WDW SSR * August 2014 Hong Kong Disneyland *
New Trip Report Hong Kong Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3323118
Trip Reports WDW and DLRP http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ching+t+shirts
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2419270http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2476348
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....rd+trip+reporthttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....le+trip+report
ExpatDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:47 PM   #6
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

I'm also eating here for the first time in a couple of weeks and am planning on the prix fixe lunch with:

french onion soup,
ham & cheese sandwich, and
profiteroles.

(I've done a lot of research and have seen mostly good reviews on these 3)
Old 11-15-2012, 05:55 PM   #7
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

We're trying it for the first time, too!!!

How are the escargots?

What about the steak?

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:23 PM   #8
karly05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masonmj84 View Post
I'm also eating here for the first time in a couple of weeks and am planning on the prix fixe lunch with:

french onion soup,
ham & cheese sandwich, and
profiteroles.

(I've done a lot of research and have seen mostly good reviews on these 3)
Good choice! That's exactly what I had this year, and I really enjoyed it. Onion soup was very good, especially with the crusty baguette and butter served with it. And I've posted my pic of the profiteroles several times now - mmmmmmm, cream puff shells filled with vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce and white chocolate shavings, mmmmmm mmmmmm mmmmmm!!!
2013 - POFQ - Mardi Gras in the Little Easy
2014 - POFQ - "Eat Around the World" - Yes. Yes, I did.
2015 - POFQ - As P&F say: Carpe Diem! 4 Parks in a Day

karly05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:41 PM   #9
disfan33
Mouseketeer

Lobster bisque, mac & cheese, and profiteroles! One of my favorite meals in WDW!

All-Star Sports June '10-CSR August '11-Pop Dec '11-Pop August '12-CSR '12-
Disney Wedding/Honeymoon August '13: Yacht Club/Polynesian and Disney Fantasy
AKL March '14-BCV August '14-Boardwalk Villas November '14-BLT March '15
disfan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:55 PM   #10
Dizzytime
DIS Veteran

Roasted chicken, French onion soup, and creme brulee on the Prix Fixe 3 Courses Menu.
Each one delicious, just wonderful, and a great value.

Have a great time!!
Dizzytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #11
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

We are plain/picky eaters! I loved the onion soup, braised ribs and of course creme brulee. Maggie says the ribs are bland...but for a picky eater bland is sort of what we are looking for. BTW I didn't think they were bland. DH and DS both loved the steak, sauce on the side. DH had the potato thingy that came with itbut DS subbed for fries. Hubby wanted the fries! Lol. DDIL went out on a limb. and got the salmon which she liked! But she likes everything. Nothing like us!! For dessert we also had the chocolate profi....I don't know how to spell it. Lol. Kinda like a cream puff. Good but I will stick with the creme brulee. I think you will like it!!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #12
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro Z
We are plain/picky eaters! I loved the onion soup, braised ribs and of course creme brulee. Maggie says the ribs are bland...but for a picky eater bland is sort of what we are looking for. BTW I didn't think they were bland. DH and DS both loved the steak, sauce on the side. DH had the potato thingy that came with itbut DS subbed for fries. Hubby wanted the fries! Lol. DDIL went out on a limb. and got the salmon which she liked! But she likes everything. Nothing like us!! For dessert we also had the chocolate profi....I don't know how to spell it. Lol. Kinda like a cream puff. Good but I will stick with the creme brulee. I think you will like it!!
I didn't think the short ribs were bland at all! They're smothered in a delicious sauce, kinda like gravy but not really. you should Google it to find out what it is. but its so good. so much flavor. so perfect.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:23 PM   #13
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
I didn't think the short ribs were bland at all! They're smothered in a delicious sauce, kinda like gravy but not really. you should Google it to find out what it is. but its so good. so much flavor. so perfect.

Sent from my Galaxy SII
so good..
kinda like pot roast ?! Sorta!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:18 AM   #14
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

I've had several of the entrees and have not been disappointed in any of them! Chefs is one of our favorite restaurants in the World. Take a look at the food photo thread to see pictures of the entrees, and that'll help you decide what to get.

If you've never had French onion soup, this is a great place to try it! This is my soup from Sept.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:37 AM   #15
MichiganMomto4
DIS Veteran

I was going to get the quiche again but you've all convinced me to try the short ribs I just can't decide which new (since I've been there) dessert to try.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: