Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun
 
Gina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Pearland/Friendswood, TX
Posts: 4,878

Online Check-In For Dummies

Hopefully I'm not a total dummy... lol.. And I know this has been brought up a gabillion times... But I am kinda confused. All this online check in stuff was completely different last time we were in on DCL.

It says I can begin check-in on 11/17. All I care about is having the earliest possible port arrival time, and getting on the earliest possible bus to WDW on our Disney day. I'm in the Central time zone. What time do I need to do what on late Friday/early Saturday?

Thanks so much!
__________________
WDW many times
Navigator of the Seas ~ 2/2014 - Disney Magic ~ '02, '03, '04, '08, '13 - Grand Princess ~ '06 - Voyager of the Seas ~ '10- Mariner of the Seas ~ '12
Next up: Navigator of the Seas ~ 2/8/15


Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:27 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 17,112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
Hopefully I'm not a total dummy... lol.. And I know this has been brought up a gabillion times... But I am kinda confused. All this online check in stuff was completely different last time we were in on DCL.

It says I can begin check-in on 11/17. All I care about is having the earliest possible port arrival time, and getting on the earliest possible bus to WDW on our Disney day. I'm in the Central time zone. What time do I need to do what on late Friday/early Saturday?

Thanks so much!
The day your window opens at midnight Eastern time you can book excursions/adult dining/spa/nursery/cabanas/wdw bus times. Online checkin begins at 3:00 am the same morning (that's where the Port Arrival Time is).

All this is dependant on whether the DCL website is being cooperative or not. Some people have reported not being able to access their reservations until later in the morning.

One note, you must log into the site AFTER midnight. If you are already logged in, hitting "refresh" won't work, the website still thinks it's whatever time/date it was when you logged in.

__________________

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #3
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun
 
Gina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Pearland/Friendswood, TX
Posts: 4,878

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
The day your window opens at midnight Eastern time you can book excursions/adult dining/spa/nursery/cabanas/wdw bus times. Online checkin begins at 3:00 am the same morning (that's where the Port Arrival Time is).

All this is dependant on whether the DCL website is being cooperative or not. Some people have reported not being able to access their reservations until later in the morning.

One note, you must log into the site AFTER midnight. If you are already logged in, hitting "refresh" won't work, the website still thinks it's whatever time/date it was when you logged in.


Exactly what I needed!! Thanks!
__________________
WDW many times
Navigator of the Seas ~ 2/2014 - Disney Magic ~ '02, '03, '04, '08, '13 - Grand Princess ~ '06 - Voyager of the Seas ~ '10- Mariner of the Seas ~ '12
Next up: Navigator of the Seas ~ 2/8/15


Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:37 PM   #4
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran
 
TJDisneymama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 1,640

and another dummy question -- what exactly comes up, different check in times and you just select whichever one you want? But then I've read numerous times on here that it doesn't even matter what your check in time is.......
__________________
**please forgive typos, typing from Kindle
Me , DH , DS(10) , DD(6)
*1986: CR/Poly *1987-1999: numerous offsite stays *2001: DLR offsite (honeymoon!) *2/2011: 1st family trip ~ ASMU Family Suite
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - AKL!*
TJDisneymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:18 AM   #5
RedxPanda
DIS Veteran
 
RedxPanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: 1 hr to WDW :: 30 mins to PC
Posts: 537

It is tied to your boarding number. If you plan on trying to board the ship as early as possible, an earlier time will help you beat more of the early crowd on board.

If you are arriving later in the afternoon, it most likely doesn't matter much because it will be open boarding.
__________________
Kristina - CM Summer of '01 - Main Street, MK || Marc || Sofie (1.5)

Past Sailings/Recent Trips
CCL Triumph - 7N E. Caribbean - 12/2006
NCL POA - 7N Hawaii - 3/2010
CBR - 4 Parks 4 Days - 5/2010
Disney Magic - 4N Bahamas - 5/2012 - Trip Report
Disney Wonder - 5N W. Caribbean - 1/28/2013 - CC Review - Trip Report
CCL Dream - 7N W. Caribbean - 6/22/13 - Port Reviews
RedxPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #6
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 17,112

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
and another dummy question -- what exactly comes up, different check in times and you just select whichever one you want? But then I've read numerous times on here that it doesn't even matter what your check in time is.......
When you are doing your online checkin, one of the pages is the Port Arrival Time. There are several different options listed: 11:00-11:30; 11:30-12:00; 12:00-12:30; etc. Any that are greyed out are full. You must select a PAT in order to complete your online checkin.

The PAT is moot if you are using DCL transfers. If you use the transfers, you will enter the terminal when the bus gets there, regardless of the PAT you selected. That's one of the perks.

__________________

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #7
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran
 
TJDisneymama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 1,640

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
When you are doing your online checkin, one of the pages is the Port Arrival Time. There are several different options listed: 11:00-11:30; 11:30-12:00; 12:00-12:30; etc. Any that are greyed out are full. You must select a PAT in order to complete your online checkin.

The PAT is moot if you are using DCL transfers. If you use the transfers, you will enter the terminal when the bus gets there, regardless of the PAT you selected. That's one of the perks.

ok, got it. But that's not really a perk if you want to arrive early and instead have to depend on DCL to get you there. And from what I've read, they (the buses coming from the resorts) don't usually get to the port very early after having to pick up at several resorts.
__________________
**please forgive typos, typing from Kindle
Me , DH , DS(10) , DD(6)
*1986: CR/Poly *1987-1999: numerous offsite stays *2001: DLR offsite (honeymoon!) *2/2011: 1st family trip ~ ASMU Family Suite
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - AKL!*
TJDisneymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:32 PM   #8
chemnerd09
Mouseketeer
 
chemnerd09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
When you are doing your online checkin, one of the pages is the Port Arrival Time. There are several different options listed: 11:00-11:30; 11:30-12:00; 12:00-12:30; etc. Any that are greyed out are full. You must select a PAT in order to complete your online checkin.

The PAT is moot if you are using DCL transfers. If you use the transfers, you will enter the terminal when the bus gets there, regardless of the PAT you selected. That's one of the perks.

This is going to be a dumb question, but do you still pick a PAT if you are using DCL transfers since you said earlier about needing to choose a PAT to complete the check-in? Is it one of those pick any of the times just to pick one since it won't matter once you get there?
__________________
DVC member since 2013 with 24 years of WDW trips and counting
Next Trip: WL/BWV/CR Atrium/Dream/CR Atrium

chemnerd09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:49 PM   #9
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 17,112

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemnerd09 View Post
This is going to be a dumb question, but do you still pick a PAT if you are using DCL transfers since you said earlier about needing to choose a PAT to complete the check-in? Is it one of those pick any of the times just to pick one since it won't matter once you get there?
Yes, you must select a PAT in order to complete the online checkin. Pick any time you wish, as it won't matter what it is if your arriving at the terminal via DCL transfers. I would point out that you might consider selecting a later time, leaving the earlier times available for those to whom it matters.

__________________

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:52 PM   #10
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 17,112

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
ok, got it. But that's not really a perk if you want to arrive early and instead have to depend on DCL to get you there. And from what I've read, they (the buses coming from the resorts) don't usually get to the port very early after having to pick up at several resorts.
Well, it's a perk if you wind up having to select a late PAT because all the early ones are taken. Generally the DCL transfers from WDW arrive about 12:30-1:00. Although it could be later. For some people that's early enough, especially on vacation, as they don't really want to be up with the sun rises.

__________________

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #11
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran
 
TJDisneymama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 1,640

Ha! We're up at 5 am, vacation or not, lol. So we"ll be anxious to board as soon as we can.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using DISBoards
__________________
**please forgive typos, typing from Kindle
Me , DH , DS(10) , DD(6)
*1986: CR/Poly *1987-1999: numerous offsite stays *2001: DLR offsite (honeymoon!) *2/2011: 1st family trip ~ ASMU Family Suite
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - AKL!*
TJDisneymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #12
chemnerd09
Mouseketeer
 
chemnerd09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
Yes, you must select a PAT in order to complete the online checkin. Pick any time you wish, as it won't matter what it is if your arriving at the terminal via DCL transfers. I would point out that you might consider selecting a later time, leaving the earlier times available for those to whom it matters.

Thanks for the advice. We will probably pick whatever is late afternoon. Does your online check-in depend on your cruising status like first time and if you are staying concierge?
__________________
DVC member since 2013 with 24 years of WDW trips and counting
Next Trip: WL/BWV/CR Atrium/Dream/CR Atrium

chemnerd09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:49 PM   #13
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 17,112

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemnerd09 View Post
Thanks for the advice. We will probably pick whatever is late afternoon. Does your online check-in depend on your cruising status like first time and if you are staying concierge?
Your online checkin window opens the same day as your excursion booking window:

Concierge/Platinum CC member - 120 days out
Gold CC member - 105 days out
Silver CC member - 90 days out
First time cruiser - 75 days out.

__________________

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:52 PM   #14
chemnerd09
Mouseketeer
 
chemnerd09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
Your online checkin window opens the same day as your excursion booking window:

Concierge/Platinum CC member - 120 days out
Gold CC member - 105 days out
Silver CC member - 90 days out
First time cruiser - 75 days out.

If you are a first time cruiser but are staying concierge which window would you have? Sorry for all the questions, but this will be our first cruise and I want to get all the info before we actually start doing this.
__________________
DVC member since 2013 with 24 years of WDW trips and counting
Next Trip: WL/BWV/CR Atrium/Dream/CR Atrium

chemnerd09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #15
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 17,112

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
Your online checkin window opens the same day as your excursion booking window:

Concierge/Platinum CC member - 120 days out
Gold CC member - 105 days out
Silver CC member - 90 days out
First time cruiser - 75 days out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemnerd09 View Post
If you are a first time cruiser but are staying concierge which window would you have? Sorry for all the questions, but this will be our first cruise and I want to get all the info before we actually start doing this.
Concierge and Platinum CC members both have 120 day window.

__________________

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.