Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 03:14 PM   #16
MickeyMickey
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 607

I have rented 4 times at BC and 30+ times at Wyndham Glacier Canyon and I have always received the confirmation within a day or so. This would concern me.
MickeyMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #17
Mom23Disneybelievers
DIS Veteran
 
Mom23Disneybelievers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 676

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMickey View Post
I have rented 4 times at BC and 30+ times at Wyndham Glacier Canyon and I have always received the confirmation within a day or so. This would concern me.

Uh oh. That is what I was afraid of...but this is the first time that I am doing this with BC so I didn't want to overreact by sending another email.
__________________


Mom23Disneybelievers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-08-2012, 05:16 PM   #18
got4boys
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Indiana
Posts: 127

A Wyndham Guest Confirmation through Wyndham Vacation Resorts take only 24 hours to generate. You should have received a confirmation.

I am a Bonnet Creek owner and have rented my reservations out in the past.

If it is a reserved week or days, it is already reserved in the owners name.
got4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #19
Mom23Disneybelievers
DIS Veteran
 
Mom23Disneybelievers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 676

Quote:
Originally Posted by got4boys View Post
A Wyndham Guest Confirmation through Wyndham Vacation Resorts take only 24 hours to generate. You should have received a confirmation.

I am a Bonnet Creek owner and have rented my reservations out in the past.

If it is a reserved week or days, it is already reserved in the owners name.
Thank you for your response. After MickeyMickey's and your post I just emailed the seller requesting confirmation. It has been two weeks now, and even the terms stated on the auction are not being upheld at this point. I am still hoping for success. I am hoping that the seller is someone who is just distracted and too busy right now.
__________________


Mom23Disneybelievers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:03 AM   #20
chunet
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4

two weeks? Dispute it, at BC right now and when I won the auction the seller was VERY responsive, within 12 hrs of response of any email. Got confirmation in 48 hrs. But at least the seller should be emailing you back on status.
chunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #21
manhattanman
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom23Disneybelievers View Post
I paid for a week rental at Bonnet Creek over a week ago. Fair price and seller with a large # of positive feedback from selling timeshare rentals. I sent an email the day after paying for the rental, and I never heard back. Still no communication. Sent a second email 2 days ago asking if there was a problem with the rental. They quickly emailed me back and said that they have been busy and will get to it when they can.

I paid using a CC, so I feel some security from that. But, I need Christmas week and if I sit waiting I may not get another rental, if needed. I have rented DVC points before with out any issue. Everything weUnt smoothly and quickly. This is not feeling the same.

Should I be concerned? Should I have recieved a receipt or confirmation # from them by now? Should I relax and just look at this as a seller with poor communication skills?
Any info from those that have rented Bonnet Creek would be very helpful!
I just purchased an 8 day stay for a three bedroom at what was an extremely competitve price. As this was the first time doing something like this I also did my due diligence and paid by credit card.

As I just purchased it yesterday, there is not much to report but the presale communication was very good, I peppered them with questions, even asking for confirmation of things listed in the listing and I never got the sense that the seller was anything but accommodating and informative.
manhattanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:10 PM   #22
delmar411
DIS Veteran
 
delmar411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 8,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom23Disneybelievers View Post
Thank you for your response. After MickeyMickey's and your post I just emailed the seller requesting confirmation. It has been two weeks now, and even the terms stated on the auction are not being upheld at this point. I am still hoping for success. I am hoping that the seller is someone who is just distracted and too busy right now.
I would dispute the charge and find someone else. When I rented BC on ebay, the seller had me everything within 48hrs. I would be concerned over 2weeks with no confirmation.
__________________
Freedom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one. ~Abbott Joseph Liebling
The test of democracy is freedom of criticism. ~David Ben-Gurion
If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all. ~Noam Chomsky
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:23 PM   #23
Denise03
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2

Did you rent from Renting-Resort by any chance, I rented a 4 bedroom last May from them and had a similar experience, but in the end it all worked out, I had e-mailed them several times with no response.
Denise03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:25 PM   #24
manhattanman
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by manhattanman View Post
I just purchased an 8 day stay for a three bedroom at what was an extremely competitve price. As this was the first time doing something like this I also did my due diligence and paid by credit card.

As I just purchased it yesterday, there is not much to report but the presale communication was very good, I peppered them with questions, even asking for confirmation of things listed in the listing and I never got the sense that the seller was anything but accommodating and informative.
Just a quick update, I immediately got an email from paypal saying that I was charged. Today I got an email from the seller or a broker thanking me for the purchase, explaining what I needed to give them so that my name is on the reservation as well as a preicted time line as to when things will happen. It was very straight forward. this email was two or three days after the auction finished.

So far, so good. Sorry to hear about your difficulties.
manhattanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #25
dmonroe
DIS Veteran
 
dmonroe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 1,072

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise03 View Post
Did you rent from Renting-Resort by any chance, I rented a 4 bedroom last May from them and had a similar experience, but in the end it all worked out, I had e-mailed them several times with no response.
My best friend also rented from the same seller last May, and had the same problem. It did work out for them in the end, but they ended up in a 3 bedroom for part of the week. The communication from the seller was really not good. She purchased the week in February and had a terrible time getting the seller to respond. (it took lots of phone call to Ebay and Paypal, but it did eventually get straightened out)
__________________
dmonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:51 AM   #26
AndyFL
This is my tag....one day I'll be all big and my color will change!
 
AndyFL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Panhandle of FL just north of Panama City...basically the armpit of FL
Posts: 776

I've bought several stays off Ebay and never had a problem but there is ONE seller who has less than desirable communication skills. We got the room we paid for and the dates we paid for but I know what you mean, the slow response to emails DOES cause a sense of panic.
AndyFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:33 PM   #27
Mom23Disneybelievers
DIS Veteran
 
Mom23Disneybelievers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 676

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
I would dispute the charge and find someone else. When I rented BC on ebay, the seller had me everything within 48hrs. I would be concerned over 2weeks with no confirmation.
After your post...I disputed the charge. (I had never done this before.)
__________________


Mom23Disneybelievers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:34 PM   #28
Mom23Disneybelievers
DIS Veteran
 
Mom23Disneybelievers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 676

Quote:
Originally Posted by manhattanman View Post
Just a quick update, I immediately got an email from paypal saying that I was charged. Today I got an email from the seller or a broker thanking me for the purchase, explaining what I needed to give them so that my name is on the reservation as well as a preicted time line as to when things will happen. It was very straight forward. this email was two or three days after the auction finished.

So far, so good. Sorry to hear about your difficulties.
I am glad that everything went smoothly for you! That makes planning a vacation even more enjoyable, doesn't it?
__________________



Last edited by Mom23Disneybelievers; 11-15-2012 at 03:35 PM. Reason: spelling :)
Mom23Disneybelievers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:37 PM   #29
Mom23Disneybelievers
DIS Veteran
 
Mom23Disneybelievers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 676

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise03 View Post
Did you rent from Renting-Resort by any chance, I rented a 4 bedroom last May from them and had a similar experience, but in the end it all worked out, I had e-mailed them several times with no response.
No, but I think that I remember seeing this seller selling weeks at BC.
__________________


Mom23Disneybelievers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #30
Mom23Disneybelievers
DIS Veteran
 
Mom23Disneybelievers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 676

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmonroe View Post
My best friend also rented from the same seller last May, and had the same problem. It did work out for them in the end, but they ended up in a 3 bedroom for part of the week. The communication from the seller was really not good. She purchased the week in February and had a terrible time getting the seller to respond. (it took lots of phone call to Ebay and Paypal, but it did eventually get straightened out)
Ahhh...stress! You would think that a seller would want to quickly take care of the deal and be done with it. I just don't understand the thinking behind dragging things out and having ebay "force" you to do the right thing.
__________________


Mom23Disneybelievers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.