Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 07:02 AM   #31
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidict View Post
I think that the DIS has more then its fair share of former hall monitors. Some people like to kiss you know what and what better way to do it then to run to the mods with every perceived slight or wrong?

I'm sure the mods know who the chronic complainers and "notifiers" are and I have a feeling that they probably roll their eyes when they see another complaint come through. All the while, the complainer is probably sitting there, all proud of themselves, waiting for their pat on the back.
Whose butt are they kissing then if the mods don't appreciate their notification? BTW, I also assume (correctly or not) that mods probably roll their eyes when they get alerted.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:14 AM   #32
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvsDragonflies View Post
My favorite is when they come at you "well, I certainly hope the mods are paying attention and see this here, they'll take care of it then" or when they actually tell you "this is being reported!"

Hold your breath and turn blue too why don't ya? Unless it's some kind of disgusting spam or something, I think the mods pretty much can figure out what should stay and what shouldn't, all without the little hall monitors helping.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2012, 07:20 AM   #33
rgf207
DIS Veteran

I really enjoy seeing people threaten others with the possibility of receiving points. Nothing against the mods at all because they are doing their jobs but points don't really matter to me. I'm not the least bit concerned about virtual hand slaps that result in points that expire in a few days that really hold no bearing in real life

Slap me with 1000 points if you want, I can just create another account and keep on going

2002 - Off Site;2004 - Off Site;March 2005 - AKL;Sept 2005 - PoP, POR, ASMo;May 2006 - POR;June 2007 - BCV;June 2008 - SSR; March 2009 - SSR; August 2009 - SSR, AKV; Feb 2010 - VWL; Jun 2010 - BCV; Feb 2011 - AKV; June 2012 - BLT
rgf207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:33 AM   #34
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennie5 View Post
I probably should go back and read the fine print... I didn't know you could get points too, does that happen when someone tells on you?
If you start a thread that is deemed inappropriate (political or religious for example), the moderators shut it down and slap you with 20 points (or is it 25?). I got one, cause they thought it was too political even thou i dont think it was. It was about prisons.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:34 AM   #35
Heidict
I'm not witty enough for a tag... but you can count on me to save all the good deleted posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
Whose butt are they kissing then if the mods don't appreciate their notification? BTW, I also assume (correctly or not) that mods probably roll their eyes when they get alerted.

I think it's more that they think they are kissing butt then that the mods are thinking that they are.

We have a person at work who is like this. They are brown nosers, in everyone's business and will tattle tale on someone for blowing their nose wrong. The supervisor/managers all roll their eyes and grit their teeth when she comes running to them. She on the other hand, thinks that they love her for it and that she is their favorite and all that. You know the type I mean. I imagine some of the tattle disers being like her.

Heidict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:48 AM   #36
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorsenuf View Post
I know what you mean. It always amazes me when I read 'your post was reported'. Really? Grow up already.

I swear there are some people who see the word God, or any politician's name and they push the little button.

There are some topics like Sandy that do involve those people, yet it is not a political discussion at all. Yet they see those names and they get button happy. Try reading the actual thread and realize that maybe just maybe it is more about a regular topic than a political or religious one.
June 2008 Contemporary
Dec 2008 Boardwalk Inn
June 2009 Disneyland Hotel and DCA
Jan 2010 DVC Boardwalk Villas
Dec 2010 DVC BLT
July-Aug 2011 Disneyland Park Vue Inn
Dec 2011 DVC BW
July 2012 DVC BC
Dec 2013 DVC AKL/BW
Mkrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:56 AM   #37
Buckalew11
2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

Is this political?

Is this religious?

Yeah, that's a blue light on your head!

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of everyday
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
And tomorrow is just a dream away
Buckalew11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:04 AM   #38
cabanafrau
DIS Veteran

Aside from spam I did report another thread just because I thought it was completely out of bounds on any site & my warning bells were clanging. A relatively new poster started a thread questioning a certain physical feature about children. Several posters quite innocently participated in the discussion. Then the OP started asking for pics. I openly questioned the OP's need for pics on the thread to give people a heads up & reported the post. Apparently my response on the thread made people take a second look at the situation & I believe some even deleted their pics. The thread was removed.

I'd do the same again in a heartbeat. That's the type of issue I think is worthy of reporting a post. The rest? I have thick skin & just don't care.
cabanafrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:07 AM   #39
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidict View Post
I think it's more that they think they are kissing butt then that the mods are thinking that they are.

We have a person at work who is like this. They are brown nosers, in everyone's business and will tattle tale on someone for blowing their nose wrong. The supervisor/managers all roll their eyes and grit their teeth when she comes running to them. She on the other hand, thinks that they love her for it and that she is their favorite and all that. You know the type I mean. I imagine some of the tattle disers being like her.
That's what I don't get. I mean in reality we are all mostly strangers, so they/he/she are trying to be the "favorite" amongst a room full of strangers?

don't get it.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:10 AM   #40
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

I've only reported a post once, it was on a TV show thread that was supposed to be no spoilers, big bold caps NO SPOILERS in the title. Someone came on and posted a big spoiler, so I did report that post so the mods could remove it before too many others saw it. Found out the person had done the same thing the year before.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:21 AM   #41
design_mom
I am probably more like my dad than I care to admit
I hate touching raw meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvsDragonflies View Post
My favorite is when they come at you "well, I certainly hope the mods are paying attention and see this here, they'll take care of it then" or when they actually tell you "this is being reported!"

Hold your breath and turn blue too why don't ya? Unless it's some kind of disgusting spam or something, I think the mods pretty much can figure out what should stay and what shouldn't, all without the little hall monitors helping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post

Hmm. I've reported a couple (maybe 3-4 in my whole time here), but they were obviously against the rules -- like calling people nasty names using swear words and putting a s-p-a-c-e between each letter so it wouldn't get caught by the filter). It wasn't because I just didn't like what they were saying or thought someone was being rude.

I thought that was what the "report" button was for -- so the mods don't have to look at each and every thread/post on the board. But since Goofy4Tink *is* a moderator, and thumbs upped LuvsDragonflies's post that the mods don't need help of "little hall monitors," then perhaps I'm mistaken.

I've never typed "this has been reported" in a thread, but when I see someone do it, I thought it was more of a notice for other people: "Nobody else needs to report this because I already have" rather than a nah-nah-nah-boo-boo thing. That way, the mods don't have to wade though 20 "reports" on the same post. If someone has already reported it, I don't... no matter what it is.

Last edited by design_mom; 11-15-2012 at 08:26 AM.
design_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:26 AM   #42
NikitaZee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by design_mom View Post
Hmm. I've reported a couple (maybe 3-4 in my whole time here), but they were obviously against the rules -- like calling people nasty names using swear words and putting a s-p-a-c-e between each letter so it wouldn't get caught by the filter). It wasn't because I just didn't like what they were saying or thought someone was being rude.

I thought that was what the "report" button was for -- so the mods don't have to look at each and every thread/post on the board. But since Goofy4Tink *is* a moderator, and thumbs upped LuvsDragonflies's post that the mods don't need help of "hall monitors," then perhaps I'm mistaken.

I've never typed "this has been reported" in a thread, but when I see someone do it, I thought it was more of a notice for other people: "Nobody else needs to report this because I already have" rather than a nah-nah-nah-boo-boo thing. That way, the mods don't have to wade though 20 "reports" on the same post.
See, I wouldn't report a post for using spaces between letters to slip in a curse word. That doesn't bother me in the least. But that's just me, no offense intended toward you.
NikitaZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:26 AM   #43
Beastlover
When leaving a room, make it dramatic...use Jazz hands!

I was reported once...couldn't believe my comment was taken so far out of reasoning. That's why I walked away from the DIS for a while.

Rick, Me, and our grandson, Branden

Beastlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:30 AM   #44
design_mom
I am probably more like my dad than I care to admit
I hate touching raw meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikitaZee View Post
See, I wouldn't report a post for using spaces between letters to slip in a curse word. That doesn't bother me in the least. But that's just me, no offense intended toward you.
It would depend on how it was used. The ones I reported were a personal attack where the person obviously knew they were out of bounds. Something like "You're a #*#@(#* #($* and I hope you go &$*#($ yourself."

If someone were complaining about their rotten day and slipped a curse word in, I'd let that go, too.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:31 AM   #45
ilovemk76
DIS Veteran

Some adults need to grow up and get out more!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: