Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #1051
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Plus the Grab and Go area, and hot/cold drinks of course, those are all available from 6am too. It's just the hot food sections which don't start until 7am. Oh, and the bakery may well have some pre-made Yogurt Parfaits hidden away in the fridge - but shhh, don't tell everyone. Are the Yougurt Parfaits considered a *snack* credit?

The boat service starts at 10am now, but that still won't get you there by 10am of course.I have looked on the portorleans.org site and cannot find what time the buses start running to DTD?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWfirsttimer3 View Post
We are heading to POR tomorrow, or are supposed to be! Our house was broken into today, many items were stolen, including our vacation disney gift cards! I am not sure if we should still go on this vacation! Too many worries at home. What would you do?
I'm glad you are still going on your vacation, it's truly the best place to go to forget your worries. I hope you have an unforgettable vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
So sorry this happened to you!

A good tip (although it won't really help you, but perhaps others) might be to take a picture of the back of any gift cards / receipts so you'll have that info should anything be lost or stolen. We actually took a picture of the back of our Photopass card just in case we lost that.
This is a lesson to us all! I'm off to take pictures of the back of my PP+. I have already registered my gift cards so far on my iPhone app but I don't think I kept my receipt? Do you think this is necessary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by portocall View Post
We will be leaving in 48 hours, .not that I am counting or anything. ;-) I checked in online two days ago but it wouldn't allow me to add the request near transportation. I figure it's maybe because we have an adjoining room request. I just thought it was strange since last time it allowed it. Really, I am just hoping to be able to park near the room but we always bus it once we get there. It just makes unloading the car so much easier. I don't know why I am fretting, I know all will be great once we get there. I guess I just have nothing left to do but load the car tomorrow and then get there :-)
I am 24 days out and I had a hard time getting to sleep last night! I'm sure at 48 hours out I will be bouncing off the walls!

Last edited by ksromack; 11-14-2012 at 07:47 PM. Reason: to embolden some questions
Old 11-14-2012, 08:59 PM   #1052
sgarvey1
Earning My Ears

Venom, I tried to pm you as to not be so repetitive here, but it didn't work. I guess I don't have enough posts yet
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 09:20 PM   #1053
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgarvey1 View Post
Venom, I tried to pm you as to not be so repetitive here, but it didn't work. I guess I don't have enough posts yet
Find some thread to post some in then try.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:34 PM   #1054
sgarvey1
Earning My Ears

Will do, it's about time to not just lurk. Although doubt I'll be able to post enough before we leave. I'm sure we'll have a great time in whatever room we get. POR looks like an awesome place!
Old 11-14-2012, 09:45 PM   #1055
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgarvey1 View Post
Will do, it's about time to not just lurk. Although doubt I'll be able to post enough before we leave. I'm sure we'll have a great time in whatever room we get. POR looks like an awesome place!
If you go back to the main forums directory there are tons of threads to just post anything in. Basically anything off topic.

Scratch that... Ill pm you my gmail.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:55 PM   #1056
portocall
I'm gonna try the water and swat next time

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom

Portocall, I want to ask: Are you hoping for adjoining rooms or connecting rooms? Connecting rooms have the inside door between the two rooms. Adjoining rooms are just rooms next to or near each other. Many people get the two things confused. I hope you asked for what you really want!
Adjoining. We are two families that are traveling together and don't need the connecting door, just to be close by, preferably in the same building. Thanks for asking.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:35 PM   #1057
skylilly
Mouseketeer

I have preferred room booked. My reservation shows garden view request but not building. Should I send a fax to request it added. We are going nov 25 thru 12/1
Old 11-15-2012, 04:40 AM   #1058
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylilly View Post
I have preferred room booked. My reservation shows garden view request but not building. Should I send a fax to request it added.
To be honest, that's really up to you. There are no 'rules' about having to make requests, and I suspect the vast majority of bookings probably have none at all. I guess we all tend to get a slightly skewed view of reservations here on the Disney forum sites, and we can all get a bit erm, well, quite a lot obsessive about it.

A garden view in any of the four preferred buildings would be just fine IMHO, but you can always send a fax to request one particular building if you like - did you have one in mind? (14 is the most centrally located and most often requested, but as I said they're all good really)

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 11-15-2012, 08:08 AM   #1059
njgrl622
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylilly View Post
I have preferred room booked. My reservation shows garden view request but not building. Should I send a fax to request it added. We are going nov 25 thru 12/1
I agree with Andre! Any of the preferred buildings are awesome! We booked preferred for our October 2012 trip - I sent a fax requesting building 14 or 18. We were put in building 14 (it was our only request - nothing else special).

Well...this was our first trip to POR - and now I can say that if you booked preferred - a special request isn't really necessary! All the preferred buildings were close to each other and the main building. I'm sure you'll love wherever your room is regardless of building number.

Our next trip to POR (October 2014!!!) - I will still book preferred - but will not request any particular building - I want to be surprised next time!
Old 11-15-2012, 08:55 AM   #1060
mydogisbo
DIS Veteran

Just returned from a fantastic stay at POR! Thanks to Venomhatch we had a perfect room with all of our requests--we even got a bonus of a corner room & didn't ask for that!

The Alligator Bayou section of POR is now our favorite moderate & I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. We had 1 bad bus experience, but it was due more to the other people riding than a long wait.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:30 AM   #1061
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydogisbo View Post
Just returned from a fantastic stay at POR! Thanks to Venomhatch we had a perfect room with all of our requests--we even got a bonus of a corner room & didn't ask for that!

The Alligator Bayou section of POR is now our favorite moderate & I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. We had 1 bad bus experience, but it was due more to the other people riding than a long wait.
Glad to hear everything went as infused with pixie dust as it could have been! Happy to hear you enjoyed yourselves minus the day that everyone was thinking the same plan of course.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #1062
ItsNotMuchofaTail
but I'm sort of attached to it

10 days today. Still undecided about online check in...haven't done it yet, but I can't do it until after work anyway. Decisions, decisions.

But that means my trip is getting SO CLOSE!!!!!

Previous trips:
Off Site: Visiting the grandparents in the 80s - June 2000 - Honeymoon (POFQ) - June 2007 - DD's 1st trip (ASM)June 2010 - We're getting divorced and going anyway (CBR)

November 2012 - Just DD and me (POR-Royal Room)
Old 11-15-2012, 12:19 PM   #1063
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydogisbo View Post

Can I ask what building you were in?

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 11-15-2012, 01:37 PM   #1064
Mary T in PA

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
I don't know about the requests about the room because we don't know of your room category like standard, garden, water and river views.

Yeah the boats come at regular intervals and frequent POR, POFQ and Rainforest Cafe docks. But from the rainforest docks you can take lagoon boats to other locations in DTD.
Sorry, our room category is RGM, River view.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #1065
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by portocall View Post
Adjoining. We are two families that are traveling together and don't need the connecting door, just to be close by, preferably in the same building. Thanks for asking.
Oh good!!!!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: