Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 06:08 AM   #3481
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCups4Me View Post
Well, I had planned to be at the BCV and BLT this week but things had to change. Fortunately, I rented points from 2 very gracious DISers who did everything in their power to make sure my family didn't completely lose their vacation. And they were very kind during a difficult time. Complete strangers helping out.

Sooooo, you may not know me, but I know you so I thought I'd say Goodbye. We'll be at SSR the first week of December and are very excited to have a week together. We don't have plans to return anytime soon so the BCV will have to wait.

I've seen folks on this thread go through hard times and it seems that most come out with a better appreciation of the time spent with loved ones. That's where we are now and so grateful to have a wonderful vacation ahead. Buses and all!

Happy vacationing to everyone!
Any trip to WDW is a great one!!! No matter what resort you are at. Don't worry about the busses.............in all honesty it only adds 10-20 min of travel time............that's not a big deal at all!!! Try to keep a positive outlook on it. I tell myself it's a nice break to sit back, and see the Disney grounds Heck I remember the days of staying off site (Waaaaayyyyy off site), but just being able to go to WDW at that time was HUGE!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

Old 11-15-2012, 06:11 AM   #3482
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCups4Me View Post
Well, I had planned to be at the BCV and BLT this week but things had to change. Fortunately, I rented points from 2 very gracious DISers who did everything in their power to make sure my family didn't completely lose their vacation. And they were very kind during a difficult time. Complete strangers helping out.

Sooooo, you may not know me, but I know you so I thought I'd say Goodbye. We'll be at SSR the first week of December and are very excited to have a week together. We don't have plans to return anytime soon so the BCV will have to wait.

I've seen folks on this thread go through hard times and it seems that most come out with a better appreciation of the time spent with loved ones. That's where we are now and so grateful to have a wonderful vacation ahead. Buses and all!

Happy vacationing to everyone!
When I saw your name I just had to ask, Yorkies or Poodles? With my track record you are probably referring to tea cup St. Bernards.

I am so happy to hear that you had great assistance from the DVC Dis-ers. I hope you have the best vacation and the happiest of holidays!

~NM
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2012, 06:39 AM   #3483
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deebeck View Post
Quick question... we didn't request daybed in one of our rooms. Do most of the rooms have them anyway? Do I need to put this on the request? When we've been at GF, the sofa always turns into daybed. Is that the same for BC?

thanks
I'm not sure of the percentage of rooms that have daybeds, but it is definitely not all.

How many people, over the age of 3, are booked in your room? Parties of 5 are automatically given priority for rooms with daybeds or they will be given a rollaway cot.

If a daybed is important to your family, I suggest adding that to your room request, and follow the advice given to not use the online checkin and instead check in on your arrival day so you can discuss the features of your room.

If you are not able to get a room with a daybed, you may request a rollaway cot, which will be provided free of charge, upon availability.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:12 AM   #3484
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
When I saw your name I just had to ask, Yorkies or Poodles? With my track record you are probably referring to tea cup St. Bernards.

I am so happy to hear that you had great assistance from the DVC Dis-ers. I hope you have the best vacation and the happiest of holidays!

~NM
Goes to show you how OFF I was................I thought the Tea Cups in Fantasyland

Thinking about MK 24 hours a day,
Missy
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal

Old 11-15-2012, 07:23 AM   #3485
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
We are really excited. We are cruising with very close friends from PA.
Bob and I just got done putting together the Disney Princess Castle for the little princess people. Thank goodness it will be up and running for Lily on Christmas morning. It took quite a while to put it together and some bad words coming out of Bob's mouth. Love the "minimum adult assembly required"!!! Between the Fantasy cruise and Jeanne and Lily coming for Christmas, we are super excited!!!!!
Here are some pictures to go along with this story:

Bob, you have a month to put this together.

Oh, no, we may have to cancel the cruise if you are still working on this!

Our Hero!

Old 11-15-2012, 07:45 AM   #3486
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Oh that is the cutest toy!!! Everything lately comes with "minimum adult assembly required".................wish they would just put it together Before selling it

Are you taking Jeanne and Lily to the parks to see the decorations? or to the resorts to see the different trees and gingerbread house???

I'm so excited they are heading your way for a visit!!

Sounds like your holidays are really going to be the best ever.
Santa Claus is in the Beach Club lobby Christmas Eve so we'll drive in for Lily to sit on his lap and of course to see the decorations at the Yacht and Beach.

Lily doesn't like any of the attractions and rides except Country Bears but she loves lights and parades -- especially seeing Donald Duck in the parades. So on 12/26 we are going to see the Osborne Lights and one day we'll go over to Magic Kingdom to see the parade and castle and of course the Bears. The crowds are horrible that week but since we aren't going to have to deal with any of the lines except for the Bears, I think we'll be okay. Jeanne said "Only for Lily!"
Old 11-15-2012, 08:54 AM   #3487
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Goes to show you how OFF I was................I thought the Tea Cups in Fantasyland

Thinking about MK 24 hours a day,
Missy
I thought about the teacups too
Quote:
Santa Claus is in the Beach Club lobby Christmas Eve so we'll drive in for Lily to sit on his lap and of course to see the decorations at the Yacht and Beach.

Lily doesn't like any of the attractions and rides except Country Bears but she loves lights and parades -- especially seeing Donald Duck in the parades. So on 12/26 we are going to see the Osborne Lights and one day we'll go over to Magic Kingdom to see the parade and castle and of course the Bears. The crowds are horrible that week but since we aren't going to have to deal with any of the lines except for the Bears, I think we'll be okay. Jeanne said "Only for Lily!"
This sounds like my idea of heaven I decided that I am going to WDW for Christmas 2015. Just havent informed the rest of the clan yet Think I will wait for (a slightly lubricated) St Paddy's Day to come around firstMight increase my chances of everyone agreeing to let me have way just to keep me quiet
Old 11-15-2012, 09:02 AM   #3488
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
I thought about the teacups too

This sounds like my idea of heaven I decided that I am going to WDW for Christmas 2015. Just havent informed the rest of the clan yet Think I will wait for (a slightly lubricated) St Paddy's Day to come around firstMight increase my chances of everyone agreeing to let me have way just to keep me quiet
If you go knowing that it is going to be super crowded and plan accordingly, you'll have a wonderful time. The decorations at the resorts, the decorations at the parks, the Candlelight Processional, the Osborne Lights and the Castle ... the holidays are very special at WDW!!!!
Old 11-15-2012, 09:18 AM   #3489
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you go knowing that it is going to be super crowded and plan accordingly, you'll have a wonderful time. The decorations at the resorts, the decorations at the parks, the Candlelight Processional, the Osborne Lights and the Castle ... the holidays are very special at WDW!!!!
It all sounds absolutely amazing and ITA when you know it's going to be crazy busy it means you can plan for it and anything less crowded is a bonus We are also lucky that we would stay for 2 weeks so we dont have the same mad panic to do everything in a day. I love Christmas and Disneyworld so I cant think of anything better than combining the two (along with family of course)
Old 11-15-2012, 12:12 PM   #3490
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:

that sounds like a great plan!!! It always helps to go with an open mind about the crowds! Whatever you get done, great, the rest will wait until the next visit.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:06 PM   #3491
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Bob and I just got done putting together the Disney Princess Castle for the little princess people. Thank goodness it will be up and running for Lily on Christmas morning. It took quite a while to put it together and some bad words coming out of Bob's mouth. Love the "minimum adult assembly required"!!! Between the Fantasy cruise and Jeanne and Lily coming for Christmas, we are super excited!!!!!
First, we're so happy for you and will be thinking of you at Christmastime! And those photos are too funny! Nice work, Bob! I'll admit that I tried my best to steer my niece towards Minnie, but it's now clear to me that it's all about the princesses. She's now three years old, and I take her out to lunch at least once a month while our boys are in school. She wants to listen to princess music, talk about princesses and see pictures of the castle on my phone. This looks like a perfect gift for a princess! Is it Fisher Price?
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

August 2014: Last Minute WDW (ASMu)
January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
August 2015: DL Half Marathon!
Old 11-15-2012, 05:22 PM   #3492
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Teena - loved the pics! First I had to laugh because "some assembly required" has led DH to a martini on more than one Christmas Eve! Second I was laughing because I have the same "mickey" coasters on the coffee table in my family room.

Sounds like you have a lot to look forward to - a fantastic cruise and an extra special Christmas. Have a magical trip!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 11-15-2012, 07:37 PM   #3493
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
The price changes constantly... has something to do with the seasons. There are high season prices, low season prices, holiday prices, close to holiday prices. I can't figure it out to save me.
Thanks! It ended up being 35.99 + tax which for what we ate was worth it!!!! ....$50+around Christmas and I don't think it would have been worth it!!
Old 11-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #3494
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS

Sounds wonderful!
Old 11-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #3495
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

I am BEYOND excited right now. My mom just booked Beach Club for my 21st birthday trip! I had NEVER considered ever looking into any deluxe resorts...because I thought they were all out of our budget!

WELL, Thanks to AP discounts, we were able to book with 35% off and are staying Club level at the beach club March 10-15th!

I have NEVER stayed in any disney resorts before...Go big or go home, right?

The Beach Club looks to perfect! I'm so excited I'm about to burst! I feel like a little kid again!

January 2015 PTR A Disneymoon on the Deluxe Dining Plan? Yes please!

Me: DH:
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: