Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 01:09 PM   #466
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333disneymom View Post
I have a friend who is booked for a deluxe club level room at the Beach Club. Does anyone have suggestions of room requests for them? It will be their first trip to Disney.
We've stayed at BC many times and once in a deluxe CL room. We requested a full balcony in advance, and when we arrived, had the choice of waiting for a room with a very large balcony or getting into a room with a small balcony right away. No question - the large balcony was worth the wait! There are only a few deluxe CL rooms, but it doesn't hurt to call ahead to request a large or full balcony.
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon (GF/BWI!)
Old 11-14-2012, 05:28 PM   #467
tnkrbell
DIS Veteran

Thank you very much!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #468
nonzerosum
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if there are restrooms on the main level of GF Sugarloaf?
Old 11-14-2012, 07:34 PM   #469
mickey1510
Earning My Ears

Going to be staying at Poly CL in April. Other than dinner/show reservations, what else can IPO do for me?
Old 11-15-2012, 05:50 AM   #470
jackson2422
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonzerosum View Post
Does anyone know if there are restrooms on the main level of GF Sugarloaf?
There are no washrooms on the main level that I know of.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:20 AM   #471
tnkrbell
DIS Veteran

I have stayed Yacht cl several times, contemplating either boardwalk or grand CL?? Any suggestions or thoughts??
Old 11-15-2012, 07:30 AM   #472
tnkrbell
DIS Veteran

We usually stay Yacht CL. Im contemplating trying either Boardwalk or Grand Cl any suggestions and thoughts are appreciated!!
Old 11-15-2012, 07:32 AM   #473
tnkrbell
DIS Veteran

oops sorry for the double post!! I did the first from my phone but didnt see it so I reposted on my computer!
Old 11-15-2012, 09:47 AM   #474
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnkrbell View Post
oops sorry for the double post!! I did the first from my phone but didnt see it so I reposted on my computer!
I just thought you were really anxious for an answer!

I usually stay at YC CL too. We tried GF RPC for 2 nights last year & I can't wait to go back there. The food offerings were better. But I absolutely loved being in the lounge area, listening to the band music drift up, looking out at the grounds. It was heaven! If you can swing the GF, I really think it's worth it!

We've stayed at BWI regular room once & loved the room & decor. But really didn't like the pool. I'd like to try threir CL, but would only do it if I knew we wouldn't be swimming. Sorry I can't help with that one.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #475
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Are there big differences between the 2 CLs? We are looking at the CR for a December 2013 trip and after I thought we decided on a regular TPV, the more I look into club level, the more want to try it .
I liked Atrium level better, but it mostly has to do with our 14th floor room needing renovation. I heard the upper level was supposed to get a renovation, but I'm not sure what has been done.

The 14th floor room itself was bigger, and the balcony is quite a bit bigger. The 12th floor rooms are the same as all other tower rooms at CR. Important to note- the uppper rooms (14th floor) ONLY sleep four. There is no sleeper sofa. The bathroom on the 14th floor is a different configuration, and is quite a bit larger.

As far as food...the two are very similar. I'd say the atrium level is more crowded. In the upper lounge you are more likely to have the place to yourself...and that has an impact on the food. Sometimes you get everything to yourself, and get the best selection. Other times it means the quantity of something is more limited.

Just so you know, the 12th floor lounge does not have a 'view' of the atrium. The lounge has white glass partitions to block any view, and the elevators are in the way. The only time you can look out/down is when you are standing right outside your room door...and even then, some of the rooms open out facing the elevators. I just don't want anyone to be disappointed. At AKL by contrast, the seats in the lounge offer a spectacular view of the whole lobby. That's not the case at CR.

Last edited by mickeyluv'r; 11-15-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:34 PM   #476
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom

We've stayed at BC many times and once in a deluxe CL room. We requested a full balcony in advance, and when we arrived, had the choice of waiting for a room with a very large balcony or getting into a room with a small balcony right away. No question - the large balcony was worth the wait! There are only a few deluxe CL rooms, but it doesn't hurt to call ahead to request a large or full balcony.
Thanks so much! I'll pass the information on to my friend.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:55 PM   #477
west&east
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333disneymom View Post
Thanks so much! I'll pass the information on to my friend.
We stayed in a Deluxe CL room at BC last December. I will see if I can locate the room number. You probably already know that the Deluxe rooms are throughout the hotel, I don't think any are on the 5th floor/ club level itself. We had a great room on the 4th floor overlooking the quiet pool. It had a huge balcony and we could see a fair amount of Illuminations. At first it felt far from the 5th floor lounge, but we got used to it and it was worth having the extra space.

I'm back on this list because we just booked BC CL for January 18-22. I was hoping for a Deluxe room again but I waited for AP discounts and there aren't any deluxe rooms left anymore. I'm not too disappointed because there were 5 of us in the room last year but this time we will be 4.

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
Old 11-16-2012, 06:24 AM   #478
Steph H
That Loud Redhead

Hello, everyone! I don't post much (at all?), but I have been subscribed to this thread for months and have really appreciated all the insight and info I've received. We are just two weeks and one day out from our Yacht Club CL stay--I'm so excited!! I just realized today that I need to get working on my gifts for CL staff. I was thinking of just sending a box of "MIchigan-themed" stuff ahead of time to the resort attention to me. It would just be a small box of little goodies...has anyone done this recently, and if so, have they had good success with it. I know I have to send it USPS and I know there is an address around somewhere which I promise to go hunt for.

Thanks again to all for the great info!!

GF Sugarloaf 10/05
YC CL 12/12

Trip Report: Yacht Club December 2012, How I Survived Disneyworld on Weight Watchers
Old 11-16-2012, 07:16 AM   #479
west&east
DIS Veteran

Gearing up for my 3rd CL stay at BC in January. Anything new at the lounge since last year? Did I read something about new coffee makers in the CL rooms at BC (maybe a keurig type?)

Also, the only special request I have made in the lounge in advance was for Lactaid milk for a lactose intolerant DH and the son of a friend. I am not able to have caffeine but still really enjoy a caffeine free diet coke. Do you think that is something I could request for the lounge? I am perfectly fine picking up a case myself for the room but I was wondering how accomodating they are...

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
Old 11-16-2012, 07:36 AM   #480
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by west&east

We stayed in a Deluxe CL room at BC last December. I will see if I can locate the room number. You probably already know that the Deluxe rooms are throughout the hotel, I don't think any are on the 5th floor/ club level itself. We had a great room on the 4th floor overlooking the quiet pool. It had a huge balcony and we could see a fair amount of Illuminations. At first it felt far from the 5th floor lounge, but we got used to it and it was worth having the extra space.

I'm back on this list because we just booked BC CL for January 18-22. I was hoping for a Deluxe room again but I waited for AP discounts and there aren't any deluxe rooms left anymore. I'm not too disappointed because there were 5 of us in the room last year but this time we will be 4.
Thanks. I am not familiar with the deluxe rooms (we stay in the villas), so any good information I can give my friend is greatly appreciated.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: