Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 07:56 AM   #1
lovedvc
Mouseketeer

Small world vacations

I just received this months mouse savers email and it mentions small world vacations. They are offering up to $1000 OBC for DCL 2013. I was just wondering if anyone has ever used their services and if you were pleased.

1978 Offsite, 1982 Poly, 1984 Offsite, 1996 Offsite, 2000 Caribbean Beach, 2002 Hilton Head, 2003 Wilderness Lodge, 2004 SSR, 2005 OKW/Wilderness Lodge, 2006 OKW, Christmas 2007 OKW, Disney Cruise 2008 and AKV, 2009 AKV and OKW, 2010 OKW, Sneaking in a 5 night stay at VWL 2/11, 2011 The Disney Dream, 2011 OKW & BLT, 2/12 BCV, 6/12 The Magic,The Disney Dream 2012 and BLT, 9/12 Magic, 8/13 BCV, 8/14 The Disney Fantasy and BCV, 2/2015 AKV Concierge, 8/15 BLT and ?
lovedvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:06 AM   #2
PrincessShanShan
Mouseketeer

Yes, but let me say this up front, my sister is one of the agents with them. She books everything Disney for me. I have a cruise booked for Dec. 2013 out of Galveston and it's one of the 7nights that was changed to a 4 night. My sister is actually rebooking it for me this morning since the new rates will be out for the people affected by the change. I got a $100 OBC for my cruise. What you book determines how much your OBC is. I know alot of the agents with Small World and they are all great!
Disneymoon Dec. 2006 BWV & Cont. Atrium Club
~December 22~
Living our happily ever after
PrincessShanShan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2012, 08:12 AM   #3
Disney's Fan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedvc
I just received this months mouse savers email and it mentions small world vacations. They are offering up to $1000 OBC for DCL 2013. I was just wondering if anyone has ever used their services and if you were pleased.
I have used small world vacations, the same travel agent over those years, since 2006. She has been wonderful. I would definitely recommend them!
Old 11-15-2012, 08:24 AM   #4
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

I have used them and they are OK..not great, but OK. I won't use them again though. I discovered after more than one incident with my last cruise that I'd rather control the booking and deal directly with Disney.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:54 AM   #5
lucky1
Face Character

They work for me.. Agent is helpful and I have direct email or phone connection with her. Plus it is a 1800 phone number. Agreed with the previous poster, that you will only get $1000 OBC when you book certain cruises or catagories.
lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:08 AM   #6
reimero
DIS Veteran

I also use Small World. I'm pretty happy with them.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:18 AM   #7
kennedyparalegal
kennedyparalegal

I have also used Small World and we are getting $200 OBC on the cruise we leave on this weekend, but that is because we have two rooms booked.

I have found our agent helpful and have been very satisfied with the service. Most communication is done by e-mail but she does have a phone number and an 800 number where I have left messages and she returns my call. I have only tried to call a few times though, so may have just caught her away from the phone.

I will say we just had a problem where my son had to back out at the last minute and Leslie worked with Disney to get us all shuffled around without having to cancel the reservation and incur cancellation fees.
kennedyparalegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #8
disneycruiser22
Mouseketeer

We are using Small world Vacations for our upcoming WDW/Western Fantasy Cruise May 2013. So far, we have been very pleased. Jo is very helpful and prompt. We also got a good onboard credit, better than most disney travel agencies. She also figured out how to give us all kinds of additional discounts for our WDW vacation. We would def use them again Random question though, does anyone know is Small world does any "thank you" gift baskets for your stateroom upon arrival? thanks!
disneycruiser22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:30 AM   #9
Happy99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycruiser22 View Post
We are using Small world Vacations for our upcoming WDW/Western Fantasy Cruise May 2013. So far, we have been very pleased. Jo is very helpful and prompt. We also got a good onboard credit, better than most disney travel agencies. She also figured out how to give us all kinds of additional discounts for our WDW vacation. We would def use them again Random question though, does anyone know is Small world does any "thank you" gift baskets for your stateroom upon arrival? thanks!
I have booked with Small World Vacations many times both for WDW and DCL and have been very pleased. as for one person that said they called and received voice mail. I have had both happen, reach our agent and left messages. There have been times that I have spoken with our agent and due to what needed to be done spent a half hour on the phone with them, she did ask if I wanted her to call back but I had a lot of questions and figured being on the phone was easiest. Based on that one call I can see how people can call and get voice mail as I am sure they have many people that they spend a lot of time on the phone with.

I have never had a problem with our agent returning calls when I leave a message.

As for the thank you gift. I would think their onboard credit is their thank you gift for booking with them. I personally do not need more "stuff" to just have laying around the house when I get home and prefer the onboard credit so it is something I can use and enjoy during my cruise

I can say that some of the cruises we have rebooked onboard for a future date we also received an in room gift in addition to our onboard credit but not when it is a booking not done onboard. The gifts have ranged from flowers to toys for the kids. Those type of things are fine and the flowers brightened up the room without taking uncessary space in our luggage. The kids toys were well received and used

As with any business you may or may not mesh with the person you deal with, and I feel, it is unfair to judge the whole company based one one experience with one person. The very first time I used Small World I had an agent that wasn't the best for us, I later found out she is no longer with them, and someone on the boards recommended that I contact the owner. I did and she put us with a different agent that was amazing and we still use her when not using our DVC points even though we really don't need a travel agent for Disney it doesn't cost any extra, I feel I am helping the economy, and she is the one on hold when discounts come out for WDW and we always get the onboard credit for the cruise that I wouldn't get if booking with DCL directly

Last edited by Happy99; 11-15-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Happy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:20 AM   #10
JacksGirlz
DIS Veteran

I have used Small World for all but my first DCL cruise and have found them to be very attentive and helpful. On our last cruise my Small World agent even had a small surprise gift delivered which I found to be very thoughtful. The onboard credit amount they give you depends on what type of cruise and cabin category you book, I believe. I am using them for our first Adventures by Disney trip next summer as well and taking advantage of their booking credit for ABD as well.

May 2006- Wilderness Lodge-1st trip to WDW, December 2006- Pop Century, October 2007- SSR and MNSSHP, November 2007- 1st Disney Cruise , January 2008 - SSR, Boardwalk, October 2008 - Pop Century and MNSSHP, March 2009 - Pop Century, May 2009 - VWL, December 2010-Pop Century and 1st MVMCP, March 2011- Disney Dream and SSR, January 2012 - Disney Wonder, March 2012 - Disney Magic and POR Royal Guest Room, March 2013 - Disney Fantasy and AofA Resort Little Mermaid Room, June 2013 - ABD Germany, Once Upon a Fairytale, July 2013 - ABD - Ireland, the Emerald Isle, August 2013 - Disney Wonder, July 2014 - DIS Exclusive Backstage Magic ABD
JacksGirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:27 PM   #11
SG101
Mouseketeer

I just used Small World Vacations for my current DCL 2013 booking, and Tracy is the best. Half of my group booked through her, the other half booked thru another company/agent (got no OBC and awful service), and 1 person booked directly with Disney (since she booked concierge -- she's been on the phone numerous times with Disney since their website doesn't work properly). My entire group has been so happy with the communication, their OBC based on room, and the service.

I will definitely use her again for our next DCL cruise.
* Disney Wonder 7 Days Mexican Riviera April 2011
* Disney Fantasy 7 Days Western Caribbean Feb 2013
* Disney Wonder 7 Days Alaska June 2014 (We're finally Gold!!!)
* Disney Wonder 5 Days San Diego October 2015
SG101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:09 PM   #12
3Adevas
Mouseketeer

I used Small World Vacations for last min. booking for Dec. 8, 2012 Western Fantasy cruise. Alice was very helpful and we got $100 OBC from them....the OBC amount is based on the total amount of the cruise fares you book (NOT including taxes & govt fees) so depending the cost of your cruise will determine the OBC amt. Im thinking you have to spend over $10,000 to get the full $1000 credit. They are definitely a reputable company and they KNOW everything DISNEY!!! Happy planning
Old 11-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #13
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

I use Small World. My agent, Tanya, is a miracle worker.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #14
RemysMom
Mouseketeer

agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycruiser22 View Post
Agree with all the positive comments. I don't book with anyone else. They do send you a magnet with a little whiteboard area for your cabin door. But for some reason ours always comes with postage due so we never go to the post office to get it. Regardless, have used them 5 times now and zero complaints.
RemysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:29 PM   #15
DisneyDream2B
Mouseketeer

Agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
I use Small World. My agent, Tanya, is a miracle worker.

Agree! We have taken 5 (soon to be 7) cruises through Tanya, and she is great.
DisneyDream2B is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: