Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 03:52 AM   #3466
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
I stayed CL last aug at AKL and didn't check in on line. You are checked in upstairs for CL on the CL floor. At BC they have a desk right outside the Lounge.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelgoddess View Post
Just wanted to say hello. Me and my dh are also checking in on Thanksgiving. We are also in a standard club level room. We are having our Thanksgiving dinner at Captains Grill at YC. We haven't checked in on line.
I hope that we run into each other. Our Thanksgiving meal is going to be at the SOA and I cannot wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala View Post
Checked into BC CL Saturday and were suppose to stay until this Sunday but yesterday afternoon we got a call that my MIL had passed away. We had to quickly pack and make the 10 hour drive home. CL staff worked hard to get us checked out and bell service was amazing they quickly got us loaded.
I am so very sorry for your loss.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:16 AM   #3467
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Checked into BC CL Saturday and were suppose to stay until this Sunday but yesterday afternoon we got a call that my MIL had passed away. We had to quickly pack and make the 10 hour drive home. CL staff worked hard to get us checked out and bell service was amazing they quickly got us loaded. I did get to meet TeenaS Sunday, so sweet and beautiful. I was VERY dissapointed in guest services as they kept insisting that I had to bring my DH and 3 kids to the park guest services location IN PERSON to get a refund for our MVMCP tickets for last night. I explained about the death of the kids grandmother and that it would be very insensitive to bring the kids into the park with them so upset. I could just see a CM saying "have a magical day" in front of my kids. Finally the amazing wonderful ALLY from CL staff stepped in and took care of everything. We will have to deal with the disney travel insurance people to try to get some of our money back from all the days we missed but we can't deal with that until later.
So sorry to hear what you are going through. Glad the CL staff was sensitive enough to understand and help you through some of it.

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 08:25 AM   #3468
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Just a heads up: I'll be working Saturday, Sunday and Monday this weekend. Then I'm off on the 24th on the Disney Fantasy for 7 nights.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:27 AM   #3469
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Just a heads up: I'll be working Saturday, Sunday and Monday this weekend. Then I'm off on the 24th on the Disney Fantasy for 7 nights.
You sound just a LITTLE bit excited? Kind of like you may have been grinning as you typed it out!!!

So excited for you and Bob.

Have a great time,
Missy
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

Old 11-14-2012, 10:31 AM   #3470
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
You sound just a LITTLE bit excited? Kind of like you may have been grinning as you typed it out!!!

So excited for you and Bob.

Have a great time,
Missy
We are really excited. We are cruising with very close friends from PA.
Bob and I just got done putting together the Disney Princess Castle for the little princess people. Thank goodness it will be up and running for Lily on Christmas morning. It took quite a while to put it together and some bad words coming out of Bob's mouth. Love the "minimum adult assembly required"!!! Between the Fantasy cruise and Jeanne and Lily coming for Christmas, we are super excited!!!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #3471
Tangledupinsurrey
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Was it a water view that you had booked at YC?
Yes, it was. It was a great room and although a bit of a walk from the lobby there was a 'secret exit/entrance' just a couple of doors away.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #3472
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydee6 View Post
Just curious, since every time we go to BC (6x) we have gotten a juliette balcony, we never asked to get a full or requested one though, not that we have had a problem with that. Our pending May 2013 trip, we will request for one. In anyones experience, at least on this thread, has this request been not fulfilled? We still won't have a problem if we DO get another juliette balcony, because we LOVE BC, just wondering what our chances are I suppose. Thanks!!
Any thoughts????
Old 11-14-2012, 02:22 PM   #3473
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangledupinsurrey View Post
Yes, it was. It was a great room and although a bit of a walk from the lobby there was a 'secret exit/entrance' just a couple of doors away.
Was it overlooking the wedding gazebo by any chance?

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 11-14-2012, 03:07 PM   #3474
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just curious, since every time we go to BC (6x) we have gotten a juliette balcony, we never asked to get a full or requested one though, not that we have had a problem with that. Our pending May 2013 trip, we will request for one. In anyones experience, at least on this thread, has this request been not fulfilled? We still won't have a problem if we DO get another juliette balcony, because we LOVE BC, just wondering what our chances are I suppose. Thanks!!
Quote:
Any thoughts????
I certainly think your chances are better if you do have the request on your reservation. I would like to think everyone who requests a full balcony get one, but I know that is not the case. Once in a while we hear from someone who requested a full balcony but did not get one, particularly when the resort is full.

That is why our recommendation on this thread is to add whatever requests you have onto your reservation. Do not do the advanced online checkin. Wait until you get to the resort. As you are checking in, ask if your request for a full balcony (or daybed, or close to lobby or whatever) was met. If not, ask if there is a room available that meets your requests.

The reason we do not recommend doing the online check in is because that is designed for guests who plan to grab their keys and go when they get to the resort. The room keys will already be cut, and although you can ask for a different room, the online checkin line is really designed to speed up checkin for guests who do not have any questions or special requests.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:25 PM   #3475
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Bon Voyage!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 11-14-2012, 10:42 PM   #3476
TCups4Me
Mouseketeer

Well, I had planned to be at the BCV and BLT this week but things had to change. Fortunately, I rented points from 2 very gracious DISers who did everything in their power to make sure my family didn't completely lose their vacation. And they were very kind during a difficult time. Complete strangers helping out.

Sooooo, you may not know me, but I know you so I thought I'd say Goodbye. We'll be at SSR the first week of December and are very excited to have a week together. We don't have plans to return anytime soon so the BCV will have to wait.

I've seen folks on this thread go through hard times and it seems that most come out with a better appreciation of the time spent with loved ones. That's where we are now and so grateful to have a wonderful vacation ahead. Buses and all!

Happy vacationing to everyone!

Me DH :: DS6:: DS3::
Old 11-15-2012, 04:59 AM   #3477
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Checked into BC CL Saturday and were suppose to stay until this Sunday but yesterday afternoon we got a call that my MIL had passed away. We had to quickly pack and make the 10 hour drive home. CL staff worked hard to get us checked out and bell service was amazing they quickly got us loaded. I did get to meet TeenaS Sunday, so sweet and beautiful. I was VERY dissapointed in guest services as they kept insisting that I had to bring my DH and 3 kids to the park guest services location IN PERSON to get a refund for our MVMCP tickets for last night. I explained about the death of the kids grandmother and that it would be very insensitive to bring the kids into the park with them so upset. I could just see a CM saying "have a magical day" in front of my kids. Finally the amazing wonderful ALLY from CL staff stepped in and took care of everything. We will have to deal with the disney travel insurance people to try to get some of our money back from all the days we missed but we can't deal with that until later.
jamala- I'm so sorry to hear about your family's loss. I'm relieved to hear that you were finally able to get some help from Ally during a difficult situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCups4Me View Post
Well, I had planned to be at the BCV and BLT this week but things had to change. Fortunately, I rented points from 2 very gracious DISers who did everything in their power to make sure my family didn't completely lose their vacation. And they were very kind during a difficult time. Complete strangers helping out.

Sooooo, you may not know me, but I know you so I thought I'd say Goodbye. We'll be at SSR the first week of December and are very excited to have a week together. We don't have plans to return anytime soon so the BCV will have to wait.

I've seen folks on this thread go through hard times and it seems that most come out with a better appreciation of the time spent with loved ones. That's where we are now and so grateful to have a wonderful vacation ahead. Buses and all!

Happy vacationing to everyone!
TCups4me- So sorry to hear that your trip circumstances had to change, but I'm glad to hear you were able to make new plans to salvage your vacation. Have a wonderful trip!

For both of you... we will be here waiting for you if future travel plans bring you back to the BC/YC/BCV.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:40 AM   #3478
deebeck
Earning My Ears

daybeds?

Quick question... we didn't request daybed in one of our rooms. Do most of the rooms have them anyway? Do I need to put this on the request? When we've been at GF, the sofa always turns into daybed. Is that the same for BC?

thanks
Old 11-15-2012, 05:59 AM   #3479
Steph H
That Loud Redhead

Mickey mail came yesterday!!!! I had to explain to the kids what it was.

GF Sugarloaf 10/05
YC CL 12/12

Trip Report: Yacht Club December 2012, How I Survived Disneyworld on Weight Watchers
Old 11-15-2012, 06:03 AM   #3480
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are really excited. We are cruising with very close friends from PA.
Bob and I just got done putting together the Disney Princess Castle for the little princess people. Thank goodness it will be up and running for Lily on Christmas morning. It took quite a while to put it together and some bad words coming out of Bob's mouth. Love the "minimum adult assembly required"!!! Between the Fantasy cruise and Jeanne and Lily coming for Christmas, we are super excited!!!!!
Oh that is the cutest toy!!! Everything lately comes with "minimum adult assembly required".................wish they would just put it together Before selling it

Are you taking Jeanne and Lily to the parks to see the decorations? or to the resorts to see the different trees and gingerbread house???

I'm so excited they are heading your way for a visit!!

Sounds like your holidays are really going to be the best ever.
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: