Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 06:52 PM   #1
mikneyspackson
Mouseketeer

Walt's American Restaurant - Disney Dreams Package cost?

How much is this, and would I have to book over the phone?!
mikneyspackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:21 PM   #2
mikneyspackson
Mouseketeer

if it's even still on?
Please somebody who knows let me know, thanking y'allll
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2012, 01:39 AM   #3
Vala
DIS Veteran

It is still on, but only on the weekends.

You call and make the restaurant reservation. Then you specify in the restaurant that you want the Dreams meal.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:32 AM   #4
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Location: sur les cases bleues du monopoly -1 mile from Disneyland Paris

You can also book it when you get there and it costs 40€.

I wouldn't bother tbh, as an adult without small children I've never had a pb finding a good spot to watch Dreams even going in the summer which has far more people than a cold weekend in Nov.

The thread below will give you more information and feedback of peoples experiences

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2902180

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #5
mikneyspackson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vala View Post
It is still on, but only on the weekends.

You call and make the restaurant reservation. Then you specify in the restaurant that you want the Dreams meal.
Oh ok thank you. Is that only Saturday and Sunday then? Just because idealy I'd love to do it on the friday?
Old 11-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #6
mikneyspackson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat View Post
You can also book it when you get there and it costs 40€.

I wouldn't bother tbh, as an adult without small children I've never had a pb finding a good spot to watch Dreams even going in the summer which has far more people than a cold weekend in Nov.

The thread below will give you more information and feedback of peoples experiences

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2902180
Thanks very much!! Ah really? I've read that some people get in position like 2 hours before it starts and things! Crazy haha.
I'll think about it but thank you for replying I'll have a read
Old 11-15-2012, 06:27 PM   #7
nicola
Tinkerbell
Bring it on baby!!!

Disney dreams dinner special

We are going next week and was wondering does this package happen on fri or just sat and sun? It says weekend only but is fri considered the weekend?

2 trips to WDW in early 90's
May, 2003 DLP NPBC
June, 2004 DLP HNY
May, 2005 DLP HNY

Nov, 2005 DLP DLH (Yea!!!)

nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:02 PM   #8
mikneyspackson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicola View Post
We are going next week and was wondering does this package happen on fri or just sat and sun? It says weekend only but is fri considered the weekend?
Omg I'm going in a week too and this is exactly what I wanted to know
Leaving sunday... would be freaky if that was the same for you too haha!
Old 11-16-2012, 03:17 AM   #9
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Just merged the two threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikneyspackson View Post
I've read that some people get in position like 2 hours before it starts and things! Crazy haha.
I'll think about it but thank you for replying I'll have a read
I'm with Carrie on this. We were there for three nights in the middle of August and watched Dreams twice with a really good position without having to stake a spot out. The first night we'd been watching Fantillusion near the bottom of Main Street and just walked up it when it had finished and the second time we'd been in Frontierland and just came out the exit and found there was plenty of space - in fact I decided we were too near the front and so we moved farther back. On our last night we'd decided to watch it from our room balcony but two of my DDs decided at the last minute that they wanted to see it in the park again so they hotfooted it over there at the eleventh hour and again got themselves a prime spot.

If you do decide to do the Dreams package (I would have considered this if the menu had been more extensive) you can phone 00 33 1 60 30 40 50 to book. There's an option to press for English speaking when you get through in case you're a bit concerned about conversing in French. They'll also be able to confirm for you which days of the weekend the meal is available.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris

Last edited by Ware Bears; 11-16-2012 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Merged two threads
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #10
Tink'sMum
Mouseketeer

From what I saw, the people who staked out spots were literally at the rope, in the middle if the front of the castle.
The VIP viewing area is back and slightly to the side and there was loads of space either side of it, right up to 5 mins before the show started.
I wouldn't see any advantage to being in the VIP area in terms of the view it offers, rather it's good for turning up with seconds to spare and not stressing over where to stand.
Tink'sMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #11
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Location: sur les cases bleues du monopoly -1 mile from Disneyland Paris

Weekend is Sat and Sun...Fri is weekday

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:22 PM   #12
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

We have booked this for the Saturday night of our trip (we also did it in June). We want to eat in Walts anyway (hoping for a window seat!) and I believe the meal choices have improved slightly since then.

We have young children and I just don't want to stand around in the cold late at night waiting for a long time. On the night in June we rode BTM until 15 mins before and then strolled up 10 mins before and got a great view with little wait - no one in front of us - this is always an issue for young children so it's a good solution for young families.

BUT, to some extent I agree with others here - it will be cold and on another french site, people are already saying 10 pm is too late in Winter to stand around - apparently quite a few day trippers/locals leave before that time....

However, I would rather have it booked and if we see the nights prior that it isn't so busy, then we might cancel when there. I suspect though, that we will do it anyway as the price is quite reasonable for what you get .

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: