Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 07:13 PM   #3631
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughmudder View Post
Yes, the station list is overwhelming with Live365... but nice to have a lot of options for some very specific genres. I also like switching up formats a bit. Are there specific Disney stations you prefer over the others? I'm not a VIP, so my choices are limited, but I like some of the shows on Radio Buena Vista quite a bit.
I like the DVC Radio and Sorcerer Radio channels. There is on channel, "Listen to the Magic", that has the Halloween and Christmas music. I am a VIP as I kept getting kicked out when the channels filled up and it was really frustrating. Has not happened since joining the VIP program.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:23 PM   #3632
wasnotafan
DIS Dad #481
Unfortunately my smartphone is smatter than I am
All that fresh air over the years has done me good

I can gauge the local economy somewhat by the "abandoned animal index". If they are just puppies, kittens, or strays the economy is its usual dismal self for eastern KY. When we start getting well fed and groomed pets the economy is getting pretty bad. We had a new fluffy black cat dropped off today. Just because we run a farm doesn't mean we want your pets. Coyotes will probably get this one before the week is out.
Sept/Oct 06 - POR Riverside Alligator Bayou
July 08 - POR Riverside Magnolia Bend
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 10:45 PM   #3633
baseballmickey
DDC #644

Hello!

Numerous Trips as a kid from 1974-1993. WDWCP MK Custodial Spring '94. Off Property, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001. Land/Sea @ ASMR/Wonder 2002. CBR 2003. POR 2006. Off Property 2007. DVC @ SSR since 2007.. SSR 2008, 2009.. BWV March 2010. SSR December 2010.
BLT/DCL Dream/BCV July/August 2012
DISDad #644
I'm Going Away... FOREVER! Oh, Great! Could You Get Me a Sandwich? A TR In Progress
My First Trip Report - Escape from New York, Dec 26, 2010 - Jan 1, 2011 - COMPLETED!
Our Disney Blog: "Home is Where the Mouse is"

Treguna Mekoides and Trecorum Satis Dee
Old 11-14-2012, 11:13 PM   #3634
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Getting ready to go to bed. Haven't started packing for the trip, but I saw DS's ear muffs and figured I'd toss them into the backpack I'll be carrying in the parks while I knew where they are instead of scrambling around looking for them later. Next thing I know I'm tossing in the ponchos, Dramamine, extra contacts, sunscreen, and Advil. Already got my park bag ready with the exception of bottles, baby food and snacks.

I think we might use a second park bag this year, just to leave in the stroller with some extra clothes and maybe an extra bottle or 2 so I don't have to pack quite as much around the parks all day.

Just 10 work days left...
Old 11-14-2012, 11:35 PM   #3635
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Evening.....

sort of one of those days....once again Amelia forgot to bring home her homework, DW was not impressed, this is happening alot lately. Also, she went behind our backs, brought a toy to school, one she just got, and it was broken. She then lied saying I gave her permission to bring it Youngest jumped on DW's back while she was bent over picking something up, ended up pulling something, so she's in a lot of pain. All this, while I'm at work.

Then DW gets a call from her mom, she and her step-dad were broadsided by a deer tonight. Yep, they didn't hit the deer, the deer junped into the side of the car. Thank goodness they had slowed down just before it hit. Both are fine, a little shaken, driver's side banged up pretty good.

On the plus side though, Amelia was awarded her first four achievement badges from Brownies! Good on her...now just needs to focus on schoolwork.
Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 11-15-2012, 12:29 AM   #3636
disdadIL
DIS Dad #711
Big Trouble in Little Suburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella

Does it start with 1-***-***-****?
Where's the pics of Flo from progressive
Old 11-15-2012, 12:33 AM   #3637
disdadIL
DIS Dad #711
Big Trouble in Little Suburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy
Evening.....

sort of one of those days....once again Amelia forgot to bring home her homework, DW was not impressed, this is happening alot lately. Also, she went behind our backs, brought a toy to school, one she just got, and it was broken. She then lied saying I gave her permission to bring it Youngest jumped on DW's back while she was bent over picking something up, ended up pulling something, so she's in a lot of pain. All this, while I'm at work.

Then DW gets a call from her mom, she and her step-dad were broadsided by a deer tonight. Yep, they didn't hit the deer, the deer junped into the side of the car. Thank goodness they had slowed down just before it hit. Both are fine, a little shaken, driver's side banged up pretty good.

On the plus side though, Amelia was awarded her first four achievement badges from Brownies! Good on her...now just needs to focus on schoolwork.
Okay. Sorry and I hope DW gets better. How many points was the deer? (Glad they're okay but that's an important question).
Old 11-15-2012, 04:04 AM   #3638
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
This morning I looked out my hotel room window and was surprised to see a monorail.

And yes because it's australia it does circle the track backwards.

My son keeps urging me to go ride it and give the monorail spiel at every stop.
Dis Dad approved

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Getting ready to go to bed. Haven't started packing for the trip, but I saw DS's ear muffs and figured I'd toss them into the backpack I'll be carrying in the parks while I knew where they are instead of scrambling around looking for them later. Next thing I know I'm tossing in the ponchos, Dramamine, extra contacts, sunscreen, and Advil. Already got my park bag ready with the exception of bottles, baby food and snacks.

I think we might use a second park bag this year, just to leave in the stroller with some extra clothes and maybe an extra bottle or 2 so I don't have to pack quite as much around the parks all day.

I remember getting ready for our trip this time last year, man I'm ready to go back.

Have a great trip

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 6/18/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 11-15-2012, 04:06 AM   #3639
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Top of the morning fellas. I am going to customers company Thanksgiving party today. The things I do for work...sheeeesh

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 6/18/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 11-15-2012, 04:30 AM   #3640
moose615
DIS Veteran

Good morning fellow dads, arg why am I up so early, that internal click is Beverly!!!!! I was away from the boards most of yesterday, I think I am caught up, well the Wii U launch is finally getting closer after waiting 3 years for the new Wii, it's finally down to 4 days , doing the almost happy dance. Hope all is well with everyone
Old 11-15-2012, 05:14 AM   #3641
10dedfish
XBOX: Mattisamus

Morning everyone!

Its Thursday. Need more coffee.

Woke up at 330 this morning. Got up an played skyrim for an hour or so.

Matt

Matt DW DD (13) DD (7)

DISDAD Experiment #628
Old 11-15-2012, 06:03 AM   #3642
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
This morning I looked out my hotel room window and was surprised to see a monorail.

And yes because it's australia it does circle the track backwards.

My son keeps urging me to go ride it and give the monorail spiel at every stop.
Hi Ryan, you remember Princess in Oz from the LAST thread? She lives in Melbourne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmickey View Post
Hello!
James!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Evening.....

Brent, adding you and your family to our prayers.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:27 AM   #3643
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Morning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdadIL View Post
Okay. Sorry and I hope DW gets better. How many points was the deer? (Glad they're okay but that's an important question).
They couldn't find it, so it's still out there somewhere. It's stalking your children. It's making obscene calls to your phone. It must be stopped!!
Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 11-15-2012, 06:35 AM   #3644
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

One of our family traditions is to watch the Christmas specials on TV. One of our favorites is The Muppet's Family Christmas. It no longer show up much on TV, so my DD1 bought a DVD a few years ago, but unfortunately it was a very poor recording. The other day she was surfing the web and found it on You Tube and I would like to share it with you. If you can get on a large screen for you family to watch, you won't be disappointed.

Muppet's Family Christmas

Old 11-15-2012, 06:39 AM   #3645
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasnotafan View Post
I can gauge the local economy somewhat by the "abandoned animal index". If they are just puppies, kittens, or strays the economy is its usual dismal self for eastern KY. When we start getting well fed and groomed pets the economy is getting pretty bad. We had a new fluffy black cat dropped off today. Just because we run a farm doesn't mean we want your pets. Coyotes will probably get this one before the week is out.
Coyotes got to eat too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post

Got to do Disney this year with NO backpack for first time since 2000. It was amazingly wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Evening.....

Misbehaving, back, and deer in one day. Time to stay inside and hide from the rest of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Top of the morning fellas. I am going to customers company Thanksgiving party today. The things I do for work...sheeeesh
All those company benefits you have are dreadful.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, beer, dole whips, don, meat

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: