Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 10:38 PM   #16
Sgt Mickey
I will always remember where I was that day
I am defiantly going to attempt as many as I can
I thought I had never up there but I think I erased it and my brain went somewhere else

I didn't realize if you reported a post they knew who it was
Sgt Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:44 PM   #17
dzorn
DIS Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker'n'Fun View Post
Do you really get a notification if someone reported your post. What if the person who reported it was wrong? Do you still get a "Hello you have been reported" message!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Mickey View Post
If you are reported then the mods read the posts to see if rules were broken and no the mods do not say who reported it. The only way someone would know if after reporting it they posted on the thread that they reported it. Points would only be given if Disboard rules were actually broken. At least that is my understanding.

Denise in MI
VWL January 2015, Off Site, SSR 2014 (with the Marching Band), ASMu,AKV, BLT Aug/Sept 2012, AKV April 2012, BCV/AKV November 2011, BB April 2011, CBR,BCV,BWV Aug/Sept 2010, ASMu,VWL Nov 2009, CSR September 2009, AKV August 2009, CSR April 09 ,AKV/VWL/OKW Feb 09, TL April 08, DCL January 08, POR August 2007, POR May 2006, ASMo May 2005

dzorn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 10:56 PM   #18
Tinijocaro
DIS Veteran

Just about every circumcision I've ever seen on this board gets pulled. It is always a lively discussion but no worse than any other heated parenting related thread.

Maybe because it is more of a human rights thread than a parenting thread. Those types of discussions tend to really set some people off.

I say if you don't like the discussion, then don't read it.
Tinijocaro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:56 PM   #19
KristaTX
♥DIS Veteran♥
I never knew that Fruit of the Looms were souvenirs from my state

I've never actually been reported that I am aware of, so I don't know. I was actually referring more to people who say on threads, "You're being bad and breaking rules. I might tell on you ."

I've reported obvious spam, and maybe a couple of cases where someone really is being bludgeoned by other posters. But it's not my job to tattle if a thread is maybe or potentially or possibly or allegedly or supposedly crossing a somewhat vague line. Nor do I want it to be my job.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:58 PM   #20
disykat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Mickey View Post
You know if they send you a PM telling you they did at the same time you get in trouble from the Mods!

I can't even remember what it was, but I guess it doesn't take a lot to be classified as a minor personal attack.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:01 PM   #21
Tinker'n'Fun
"apple", peaches, "pumpkin pie", who's not ready holler "I"...
i'm just trying to be optimistic!
I am SO CLUELESS and I hate it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disykat View Post
You know if they send you a PM telling you they did at the same time you get in trouble from the Mods!

I can't even remember what it was, but I guess it doesn't take a lot to be classified as a minor personal attack.
I must really live under a "Dis"Rock!
Tinker'n'Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:03 PM   #22
iheartdisney
DIS Veteran

I've never been told a post was reported, just straight to a warning/ infraction. So i guess no one is frivolously reporting me.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:08 PM   #23
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinijocaro View Post
Just about every circumcision I've ever seen on this board gets pulled.
I'm sorry, but this struck me as funny.

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:23 PM   #24
LuvsDragonflies
DIS Veteran

My favorite is when they come at you "well, I certainly hope the mods are paying attention and see this here, they'll take care of it then" or when they actually tell you "this is being reported!"

Hold your breath and turn blue too why don't ya? Unless it's some kind of disgusting spam or something, I think the mods pretty much can figure out what should stay and what shouldn't, all without the little hall monitors helping.

I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it. ~ Abraham Lincoln
"Give me the storm and stress of thought and action rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith"-- Robert G. Ingersoll
LuvsDragonflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:24 PM   #25
LuvsDragonflies
DIS Veteran

Aw Pea, I'm so sorry about little Remy, he was a cute little guy.

I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it. ~ Abraham Lincoln
"Give me the storm and stress of thought and action rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith"-- Robert G. Ingersoll
LuvsDragonflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:27 PM   #26
MolonLabe
DTOM

There are several people here who simply cannot combat logic or reason and since emotion rarely is great way to combat logic and reason these people generally try and claim some far fetched rule violation to "win".

It's childish... at best.

In any case, it's why I hardly visit Dis any more and when I do, I stick to the photography board or specific topics.

Zero tolerance = zero brains.

May 2011 POP for 6 days
Nov 2012 Contemporary for 7 days and MVMCP
Sept 2013 Contemporary for 8 days and MNSSHP
May 2014 cancelled due to FP+ debacle
and dozens of off site trip stays.
MolonLabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:22 AM   #27
NHdisneylover
Lanyards are taking all my poor organizatioanl skills
mice and such creatures tend to like to travel aorund

I don't understand either and truthfully I always think a little less of posters who post "I'm reporting blah blah blah"

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/
NHdisneylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:37 AM   #28
crashbb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHdisneylover View Post
I don't understand either and truthfully I always think a little less of posters who post "I'm reporting blah blah blah"
Yup. It is one thing to report people (though, other than spam/advertising, I don't usually see the need to), but to do so an then blow a raspberry, is something else entirely.
crashbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:49 AM   #29
powellrj
I am wide awake and on the dis boards
My db and I usually fight over the turkey bones
It was so bad, it was funny
Note to self, never make anyone suffer with thirst

I am on here early in the morning most days, so I have reported spam. Love it when they post that they can get me tennis shoes at a bargain price! That one is always popular!

I can only think of once I reported a post. It was on the budget board and it was getting really nasty and hateful. Posters husbands were getting involved and it was spinning out of control.

powellrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:55 AM   #30
Heidict
I'm not witty enough for a tag... but you can count on me to save all the good deleted posts!

I think that the DIS has more then its fair share of former hall monitors. Some people like to kiss you know what and what better way to do it then to run to the mods with every perceived slight or wrong?

I'm sure the mods know who the chronic complainers and "notifiers" are and I have a feeling that they probably roll their eyes when they see another complaint come through. All the while, the complainer is probably sitting there, all proud of themselves, waiting for their pat on the back.

Heidict is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: