Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #31
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

I don't think it mattered how many they started with asking as some chefs were eliminated. They could always throw in a double elimination challenge if there's too many in the beginning.
cluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #32
lorimay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music City Mama View Post
I also thought it was harder for the ones who got Tom. Not only were they being judged on various things, but they were in a live/working kitchen. I was not surpised one bit that Tom won the poll about being the most difficult chef to impress.

I don't know, but I wish it would come back.

I'm with you guys on thinking that Life After Top Chef would feature more than just those 4 chefs. The Pelligrino woman . . . she seems so frazzled, not sure how far she'll make it. And I really wish she'd pin back her hair/bangs -- I just kept thinking of her hair falling in the food.

Between her bangs and others who sweat over the food.......
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2012, 09:35 AM   #33
BuzznBelle'smom
There are tomato-ey paw prints all around the stove
I've never had it burn, and I do this regularly

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorimay View Post
I have to say, the guys dripping sweat were much more unappealing to me than the hair thing!

Looking forward to the new seaon. I thought the omelets all looked pretty uninteresting. I'm also surprised the Wolfgang fell for the old "pile stuff on top so it looks prettier" trick.
BuzznBelle'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #34
aml3679
Kita's Mom

We are Top Chef fans. Would love to see them do New England some day.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:00 AM   #35
mr.bungle
DIS Veteran

I ate at Fabio's restaurant about 4 years ago, right after his original season was finished. My company rented half of his banquet room (where he does his cooking classes on the life after top chef show) for our holiday party and we had about 30 people dining and drinking. I was put off for three reasons: 1) the food wasn't that good and I'm not really a food snob. 2) I have a lactose intolerance and part of our prix fixe menu included mashed potatoes. I asked to sub roasted potatoes or anything that didn't have dairy and they said no. 3) Fabio was there and smoozing with every table in there except our's. Now I don't know if someone from our company pissed him off, but he did not come over to say hello to our table but spent time greeting every single other table in that restaurant.
mr.bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #36
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by book_junkie View Post
Also, I saw a commercial for next week where Stephan (season 5), Josie (season 2) and and I think it was CJ (season 3) are joining the new season in Seattle?!?!?!?!
So, not as judges but actual contestants? Hmmmm . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluvsdisney View Post
I don't think it mattered how many they started with asking as some chefs were eliminated. They could always throw in a double elimination challenge if there's too many in the beginning.
True and no telling how it was edited. Those challenges could have been on different days and after Tom picked "x" number, then that left "x" for the next chef/judge, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorimay View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzznBelle'smom View Post
I have to say, the guys dripping sweat were much more unappealing to me than the hair thing!
No doubt, the sweating was pretty disgusting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.bungle View Post
I ate at Fabio's restaurant about 4 years ago, right after his original season was finished. My company rented half of his banquet room (where he does his cooking classes on the life after top chef show) for our holiday party and we had about 30 people dining and drinking. I was put off for three reasons: 1) the food wasn't that good and I'm not really a food snob. 2) I have a lactose intolerance and part of our prix fixe menu included mashed potatoes. I asked to sub roasted potatoes or anything that didn't have dairy and they said no. 3) Fabio was there and smoozing with every table in there except our's. Now I don't know if someone from our company pissed him off, but he did not come over to say hello to our table but spent time greeting every single other table in that restaurant.
I hate to hear that about him.
Music City Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:24 PM   #37
YoYoAurora

Pity my DH! It's a long list
And now back to my usual ignore all schedule
I want a hippopotamus for Christmas

I was out of town last week and missed the first show. I'm off to find it on demand! I'm excited - I love Top Chef!
Old 11-14-2012, 10:36 PM   #38
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

I loved Padma's ruffled collar dress during the quickfire.

Quite a few characters on the show this time around.

The one dark haired woman who won't SHUT UP, I want to slap. I can't imagine working next to her all day.

I can't believe the Japanese woman who said she thinks so much she can't focus! For a chef that would be lethal. How the heck would she be able to do orders of dishes as they came in?

I can't believe Stefan is back.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:16 AM   #39
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
I loved Padma's ruffled collar dress during the quickfire.

Quite a few characters on the show this time around.

The one dark haired woman who won't SHUT UP, I want to slap. I can't imagine working next to her all day.

I can't believe the Japanese woman who said she thinks so much she can't focus! For a chef that would be lethal. How the heck would she be able to do orders of dishes as they came in?

I can't believe Stefan is back.
And that Mr. Arrogant Stefan almost went home first! Oh I wish he had - I liked the guy (I am HORRIBLE with remembering names) who did go home.

Yeah, I'm already dying to slap that stupid yackity yackity YACKity woman!

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:23 AM   #40
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Ugh...I can't stand they brought back past contestants but I liked how they were on the bottom. And I think they should keep their "we played this game already and know how it works advise to themselves". First, they already lost this game. Second, why do they want to separate themselves from people they will likely have to work with on teams? Third, if they try to assume take on this "follow me" role, they make themselves a bigger target when facing the judges.

Carla is going to be a problem. That's a fight waiting to happen. I wanted to yell SHUTUP at the TV.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:27 AM   #41
Li Li
Mouseketeer

I can't believe the chefs were not more mad about the returning chefs. I would have been swearing up a storm at the camera. It feels like a cheap and offensive stunt. What, were those three too busy to participate in the All Star season?

If one of those three wins, I declare the entire season invalid. (Like anyone cares what I say, haha!)
Li Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #42
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

I just watched the first episode today over lunch (I'd recorded it). I can say I'm in! I reserved judgement until I watched the first episode though-originally I thought I'd be watching "Life after Top Chef", but once I watched the first episode, I cancelled all the others.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:33 PM   #43
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sWDW4me View Post
And that Mr. Arrogant Stefan almost went home first! Oh I wish he had - I liked the guy (I am HORRIBLE with remembering names) who did go home.

Yeah, I'm already dying to slap that stupid yackity yackity YACKity woman!
OMG! Great description of her. We should call her the Yackity YACKity Woman from now on.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:59 PM   #44
robinb
DIS Veteran

This is kinda an old thread, but I'm watching Wednesday's episode. Is anyone else still watching?
Old 12-07-2012, 11:10 PM   #45
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Me! I don't have a favorite yet but I liked the challenges so far.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: