Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 12:52 PM   #1021
danijake
Vegan Cupcake Baker Extraordinaire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdub322 View Post
I am wondering this too, as we have a reservation here on 1/25. This item sounds pretty yummy, but I would love to hear what others have experienced. Hopefully we can get some information soon!
It sounds okay to me, even though I hate mushrooms. But my husband is a very picky vegan. He doesn't like mushrooms, eggplant or zucchini. I want to visit this restaurant, but I'm not sure it's worth it to have meal we won't really enjoy.

DL Sept. 2013 (Off-Site) . WDW Jan. 2012 (Pop Century) . WDW Dec. 2008 (Off-Site) . WDW Oct. 2005 (Pop Century) . WDW Nov. 1990 (Off-Site)
danijake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:07 PM   #1022
vdub322
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danijake View Post
It sounds okay to me, even though I hate mushrooms. But my husband is a very picky vegan. He doesn't like mushrooms, eggplant or zucchini. I want to visit this restaurant, but I'm not sure it's worth it to have meal we won't really enjoy.
Hopefully they would have the chef come out and offer other options because it would be nice to have a choice!! I am confident, with all the trouble they have gone to for BOG, they will make an effort

vdub322 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 09:15 PM   #1023
Sehsun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nansmama View Post
I had the Chick'n curry. It was great!

Sehsun, can I ask how much the vegetarian plate was?
nansmama, I am very sorry I missed your question. =/

I threw out the receipt, but I want to say it was about $6.19?
Old 11-14-2012, 09:53 PM   #1024
DaymanX
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdub322 View Post
Hopefully they would have the chef come out and offer other options because it would be nice to have a choice!! I am confident, with all the trouble they have gone to for BOG, they will make an effort
My experience this past trip was that if there is a vegan--or easily modifiable vegetarian option--on the menu, they won't offer to make you something special. That's the reason they add these things, after all.

It might not hurt to ask, but at least there's a pretty good vegan option on most menus around WDW. I'm pretty picky as well, but I was mostly happy with what I got when I did order off the menu this past trip.

Last edited by DaymanX; 11-14-2012 at 10:19 PM.
DaymanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:55 AM   #1025
vacationer1954
DIS Veteran

Some restaurants have a lot of their stuff premade, but assuming BOG doesn't, then you can look at the menu and see if you can see a dish they could put together for you from the ingredients of the dishes on the menu. I see tomato, garlic, onion, basil, green beans, shallots, potato, quinoa, bell pepper, mushrooms, eggplant, zucchini, and pasta (assuming it doesn't have egg in it). So eliminating mushrooms, eggplant, and zucchini doesn't leave much to work with. I suppose they could do a saute built around green beans, and put it over the quinoa. Do you like green beans?
vacationer1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #1026
lsg1
Mouseketeer

Has anyone gone to the Polynesian luau and had a vegetarian meal? If so what did they serve?

Thanks
WL 9 times from 1997-2008
CBR 95,Disney Inn 93
Offsite 91,88,87,77

Me , DH , DD , DS , DD
lsg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #1027
everythingALICE
I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I'm not myself you see.

When I went to the luau, I was offered a veggie lasagna, a veggie stir-fry, or couscous with veggies. I believe that both the stir-fry and couscous dish were served with tofu, but I can't quite remember. I was going in September, and knowing that it would be outdoors, likely hot and humid, I didn't want to order the lasagna because I felt it might be too heavy.

I went with the couscous and was incredibly disappointed. It was just so bland and flavorless. The only redeeming part of the meal was the salad, which was actually really awesome, but not worth the $55 or so. I'm hoping that perhaps it was an "off" night?

If you're dead set on going, I guess I would suggest opting for the lasagna? If the veggie options are still the same.

everythingALICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #1028
lsg1
Mouseketeer

Thanks...I don't really want to go but we are staying at the poly, and my son (the meat eater) wanted to go last time we were there....maybe I'll let the kids go and we will go somewhere else...hate to use two dining credits too

Thanks again
WL 9 times from 1997-2008
CBR 95,Disney Inn 93
Offsite 91,88,87,77

Me , DH , DD , DS , DD
lsg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:45 AM   #1029
somethingblue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripletsmama View Post
I started a thread with a question about breakfast options, but thought someone here might know more. If the breakfast you order comes with bacon or sausage, are they willing to substitute something else? I'm specifically wondering about Kona Cafe. Thanks!
In my experience, yes, they will allow you to substitute potatoes for the meat.
somethingblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:29 AM   #1030
cheryterese
DIS Veteran

Can anyone tell me if there is a vegetarian kid's offering at San Angel Inn? The kid's menu is all meat. I'm wondering if they might substitute beans in the taco? We're on the dining plan. Last time we ate there we weren't on the dining plan and I remember ordering a cheese quesadilla (maybe from the appetizer menu?) and some kind of bean concoction for them, but nothing was from the kid's menu and I know with the dining plan we have to order from that if one is available. We loved our meal and the atmosphere there last time and would like to eat there again if we can get them a veg option. Thanks!

Planning a 2014 trip to celebrate our son's 10th!
February 6th - February 12th 2013 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~ Mom's Birthday Trip!
October 26th - November 7th 2011 ~ Off site ~ Second Family Trip
January 26th - February 4th 2010 ~ Off site ~ First Family Trip
April 2004 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2002 ~ Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!)
cheryterese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:40 PM   #1031
vacationer1954
DIS Veteran

Don't quote me on this, but I remember asking once and finding out that the beans at San Angel Inn were cooked with pork or with chicken stock, or something that made them into something we wouldn't eat.
vacationer1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:22 PM   #1032
cheryterese
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacationer1954 View Post
Don't quote me on this, but I remember asking once and finding out that the beans at San Angel Inn were cooked with pork or with chicken stock, or something that made them into something we wouldn't eat.
If that's the case, I'll need to change my ADR!

February 6th - February 12th 2013 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~ Mom's Birthday Trip!
Old 11-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #1033
MotifNumberOne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryterese
Can anyone tell me if there is a vegetarian kid's offering at San Angel Inn? The kid's menu is all meat. I'm wondering if they might substitute beans in the taco? We're on the dining plan. Last time we ate there we weren't on the dining plan and I remember ordering a cheese quesadilla (maybe from the appetizer menu?) and some kind of bean concoction for them, but nothing was from the kid's menu and I know with the dining plan we have to order from that if one is available. We loved our meal and the atmosphere there last time and would like to eat there again if we can get them a veg option. Thanks!
We ate at hacienda de San angel a few nights ago and had an incredible vegan meal. Maybe consider going across the path to the newer place? They have a dedicated vegetarian menu and its beautiful inside.
MotifNumberOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #1034
MotifNumberOne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danijake
Has anyone eaten at Be Our Guest yet? They have one item on the menu that looks to be vegan.

Layered Ratatouille - oven-baked zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, tomatoes and caramelized onions sliced and layered with quinoa served with a bell pepper sauce $15.99

Has anyone tried it? Or did the chef make you something else?
My boyfriend and I had this a few days ago. It was tasty, but the portion was a little small. The highlight of our meal was the salad trio we got as an appetizer!
MotifNumberOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:04 PM   #1035
cheryterese
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotifNumberOne View Post
We ate at hacienda de San angel a few nights ago and had an incredible vegan meal. Maybe consider going across the path to the newer place? They have a dedicated vegetarian menu and its beautiful inside.
There was nothing available when I was making ADR's, but I'll keep trying!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: