Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 04:57 PM   #1
Bricket
Mouseketeer

Arrow Eiffel Tower View?

Which hotel offer the best view of Epcot's Eiffel Tower?

Just me and the hubby this time.
Our 15th Wedding Anniversary! Any suggestions for an extra romantical time will be well appreciated!
Bricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:07 PM   #2
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Just about any of the Epcot resorts (YC/BC/BCV/BW/Swolphin) will have some rooms that you can see the Eiffel Tower from. Unfortunately the views aren't that great and you are more likely to be looking in a different direction.
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 05:12 PM   #3
Bricket
Mouseketeer

I assumed BW would have the best view since it's closest? But is BW a hotel a couple in search of romance would want to stay at?
Old 11-14-2012, 05:13 PM   #4
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Boardwalk is not the closest. Beach Club is the closest. I've had that view at Beach Club Villas but it more than likely won't be what you really want.

I don't think the views of the little eiffel tower stuck on top of the pavilion from there are particularly romantic. It's sticking up from some trees. I don't think they light it at night either but I could be wrong about that.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:27 PM   #5
Bricket
Mouseketeer

Oh thank you so much for your reply!

So do you think I'd be happier with a MK view?

Can you direct me on where I should go to find info about the more romantic feeling resorts and things to do at Disney?
Old 11-14-2012, 06:44 PM   #6
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Yacht club have the best views to me, we have had lovely views from there seeing the upper part of the tower and those beautiful flowers along the water way, the BW across the water. We love that view, it is on the long hall way that also over looks the Wedding Gazebo. We have taken part in several weddings from our balcony.

Last edited by Sammie; 11-15-2012 at 12:32 AM.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:04 PM   #7
5DisneyNuts
Head might be in NY, but my heart is in WDW

We had a great view of the Eiffel Tower from the BWI. I put it on my room request (important to note - this can't be guaranteed though) without really knowing what to expect and was very pleasantly surprised.
This is considered a standard view and also overlooks the courtyard where the little cottages are located. We could see the higher fireworks and hear the music from ROE too.

I thought it was beautiful and very romantic, but we love the BWI in general. Much quieter than the YC/BC. Walking into the World Showcase is always a peaceful romantic walk.

The lounge is a quiet place to have a drink either inside or out on the patio. The Flying Fish is a great restaurant and strolling along the boardwalk looking at the lights and activities at night is really nice. The spa at the Dolphin has couples massages too. To me the BWI is more of a grown up place (not in a bad way and we have stayed there with the kids too).

This is where we stayed for our adult only anniversary trip and was very happy with our choice.

Allears has some great tips here: http://allears.net/btp/romance.htm

Hope you have a wonderful time!

Last edited by 5DisneyNuts; 11-14-2012 at 09:39 PM. Reason: to stress view can't be guaranteed
5DisneyNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:29 PM   #8
TBdisneyMC
Mouseketeer

We had the Eiffel tower view at BWI (same room location as the PP - Standard view looking into the courtyard), and I'd say it's romantic. Although, it didn't hurt that we had that view on our honeymoon...

I posted this picture on facebook and some people thought we were actually in Paris.

This was the view from the bed:

(It was room 4278)
.......~ šoš ~ Aug '06 - CSR ~ šoš ~ May '09 - POR ~ šoš ~ Aug '10 - POR ~ šoš ~ Mar '11 - POR ~ šoš ~
~ Aug '11 - POR/BWI (Our wedding) ~ šoš ~ Nov '11 - WL ~ šoš ~ Feb '12 - WL ~ šoš ~ Feb '13 - POFQ ~
TBdisneyMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #9
bowbat
DIS Veteran

I'll echo PPs to say that BWI offers views of Eiffel Tower. Our room overlooked the courtyard, which was lovely & peaceful, with the Eiffel Tower to the left. It is lit up at night, and we enjoyed watching the fireworks from our balcony.

Though we were there with our son, I think the BWI is a great choice for a romantic getaway.
Wilderness Lodge – 10/2011, 11/2012, 11/2013
Boardwalk Inn – 11/2011, 3/2014
Grand Floridian – 2/2012
Yacht Club – 6/2013
bowbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:46 AM   #10
floridagirl61
Mouseketeer

We stayed at BWI in the room right next to the Innkeepers Club, I think it was 4537, or something like that. Anyway we loved the view of the Eiffel Tower from there.

TO MANY DAY TRIPS TO COUNT, SENIOR NIGHT '79, WL '96, CS '00, ASMU '07, ASMU '08, POP '09, POP '10, BW CL '10, ASMU '11, BC VILLAS '13, BC CL '13, AOA '13, BC CL '14 (Magical upgrade to the Presidential Suite)
Presidential Suite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhh5Z6bjjg

Our Best Disney Vacation Yethttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3178111

Fifield Family Food Reviews and Pictures
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175535
floridagirl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:23 AM   #11
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Definitely go to the spa. My favorite is SSR; then have lunch out on the patio and take a stroll through DTD.

POR offers a carriage ride around both POR and POFQ.

Plan one really special meal.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #12
rznhal
DIS Veteran

Those pics are awesome!!!
Thanks for sharing!!

me, DH, DD6, DS2
1988-Grand Floridian, 1993-offsite, 1994-offsite
2002-DTD and Disney Cruise Honeymoon
2005-offsite, 2009-POP, 2011-CSR
2012-Adults only Graduation Trip-AKL
2013-AKL again!
rznhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #13
Bricket
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5DisneyNuts View Post
We had a great view of the Eiffel Tower from the BWI. I put it on my room request (important to note - this can't be guaranteed though) without really knowing what to expect and was very pleasantly surprised.
This is considered a standard view and also overlooks the courtyard where the little cottages are located. We could see the higher fireworks and hear the music from ROE too.

I thought it was beautiful and very romantic, but we love the BWI in general. Much quieter than the YC/BC. Walking into the World Showcase is always a peaceful romantic walk.

The lounge is a quiet place to have a drink either inside or out on the patio. The Flying Fish is a great restaurant and strolling along the boardwalk looking at the lights and activities at night is really nice. The spa at the Dolphin has couples massages too. To me the BWI is more of a grown up place (not in a bad way and we have stayed there with the kids too).

This is where we stayed for our adult only anniversary trip and was very happy with our choice.

Allears has some great tips here: http://allears.net/btp/romance.htm

Hope you have a wonderful time!
I really love you right now. Thanks!
Old 11-15-2012, 08:17 PM   #14
Bricket
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowbat View Post
I'll echo PPs to say that BWI offers views of Eiffel Tower. Our room overlooked the courtyard, which was lovely & peaceful, with the Eiffel Tower to the left. It is lit up at night, and we enjoyed watching the fireworks from our balcony.

Though we were there with our son, I think the BWI is a great choice for a romantic getaway.
OH yes! This is my dream. Oh I pray we can make this happen for us!
Old 11-15-2012, 08:18 PM   #15
Bricket
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBdisneyMC View Post
We had the Eiffel tower view at BWI (same room location as the PP - Standard view looking into the courtyard), and I'd say it's romantic. Although, it didn't hurt that we had that view on our honeymoon...

I posted this picture on facebook and some people thought we were actually in Paris.

This was the view from the bed:

(It was room 4278)
Oh wow! Thank you for the room number!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: