Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 08:24 PM   #586
msmith07101
DIS Veteran

Here now. Arrived today around 2:30. I had requested lake view, 4th floor. I got the lake view, but they had me in the 50's on the 2nd floor. When I said something about being on the 2nd floor, the CM said, oh...I see you wanted 4th floor. Would you like me to check and see if anything else has come available? Of course I said yes, please. So, we got lucky and we are in the 60's, lake view, 4th floor. Very close to the generation gap bridge, which is great since my sister checks in at AoA tomorrow. On that note, we walked over and checked out AoA. I have to say I love the Cars area. It is done so well. The other areas did not overly impress us. They are cute, but don't have quite the impact that Cars does. I can't wait to check out the inside of my sisters suite when they arrive. I think they are in Cars. So far had a great day...had late lunch at Pop food court. Went to Downtown Disney...my favorite thing to do on arrival day. Did some shopping...got the cute Dooney backpack I had been wanting. Off bright and early to door Segway tour..can't wait!
'94 Port Orleans French Qtr/'95 Caribbean Beach Resort/'97 Coronado Springs/'01 All Star Music/'02 Sandals Royal Caribbean Jamaica/'05 CBR/'07 Disneyland & California Adventure- offsite/'08 Beaches Boscobel Jamaica/May 23,09 Disney Magic
December 2009 WDW CBR & Universal RPR
June 2010 Venice & Rome Italy
December 2010 Pop Century...to see my son & his HS marching band perform at WDW & US Macy's Parade!!
November 2012 Pop Century
November 2013- NYC- Macys Parade HS Band Trip

Old 11-14-2012, 09:36 PM   #587
DisneyLover75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Unless something has been added very recently, no, there's no USB charging devices in the Pop rooms.
Thank you! I ran out to target and bought an adapter so it would fit in a regular outlet.
1983- Offsite,1987- Offsite, 1992-Dixie Landings(POR),1993-Dixie Landings(POR), 2005 -Pop Century,2006- All Star Movies,2007- Wilderness Lodge,2008 -All Star Music, 2009- All Star Sports, 2010- Coronado Springs, 2011- All Star Music, 2012-Pop Century, 2013- French Quarter 2014- Wilderness Lodge
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 10:04 PM   #588
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith07101
Here now. Arrived today around 2:30. I had requested lake view, 4th floor. I got the lake view, but they had me in the 50's on the 2nd floor. When I said something about being on the 2nd floor, the CM said, oh...I see you wanted 4th floor. Would you like me to check and see if anything else has come available? Of course I said yes, please. So, we got lucky and we are in the 60's, lake view, 4th floor. Very close to the generation gap bridge, which is great since my sister checks in at AoA tomorrow. On that note, we walked over and checked out AoA. I have to say I love the Cars area. It is done so well. The other areas did not overly impress us. They are cute, but don't have quite the impact that Cars does. I can't wait to check out the inside of my sisters suite when they arrive. I think they are in Cars. So far had a great day...had late lunch at Pop food court. Went to Downtown Disney...my favorite thing to do on arrival day. Did some shopping...got the cute Dooney backpack I had been wanting. Off bright and early to door Segway tour..can't wait!
Glad they were able to move you. Sounds like you're in a perfect location.

Are you doing the Epcot Segway tour? We've done it a couple of times and it's very enjoyable. I think they've added a breakfast since we did it in august. Let us know how you like the tour.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Old 11-15-2012, 08:07 AM   #589
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith07101 View Post
So happy for you that you got the location you wanted. I recently stayed at AoA in the Cars section and I agree, it has the best theme of all of them. And isn't the walk to LM a hike? I look forward to hearing about your Segway tour - it's on my Disney Bucket List.

Monica
Old 11-15-2012, 09:17 AM   #590
derrickmom
DIS Veteran

Is the sun out?? We are a hour and a half away!

1990 off site
2009 POP 3/4 deal~June
2010 November POP free dining Thanksgiving
2011 November POP free dining Thanksgiving

April 2012 off site
November 2012 Thanksgiving POP free dining
November 2013 Thanksgiving POP free dining
July Coronado Springs Nationals Dance Competition

Me,Hubbie,daughter
BLUE the dog
Old 11-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #591
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith07101 View Post
it always pays to nicely ask We were in the 60s in August, 2nd floor. It was perfect for AoA and Classic Hall.

We think the Cars section is the best themed too ....if others feel that way maybe Disney will start putting surchages on sections.... (hopefully not!)

BTW, DTD is only of our favorite things to do on arrival day as well. Congrats on picking up the backpack!! Have fun on the Segway tour tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickmom View Post
Have a great time!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 11-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #592
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickmom View Post
Have a great vacation! I'm sure your already there, but it's overcast and a bit cool today.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:03 PM   #593
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
What is the current Bounceback offer?
My friend who is at Disney now says the BB offered is still the Free Dining -- 8/18 to 9/26....

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 11-16-2012, 11:50 AM   #594
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
My friend who is at Disney now says the BB offered is still the Free Dining -- 8/18 to 9/26....
Isn't it about time they got around to changing that????
Old 11-16-2012, 11:59 AM   #595
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Oh bummer! I hope it changes next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Isn't it about time they got around to changing that????
Yes, it most certainly is! I would like to see a room only offer for SWW!
Old 11-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #596
Karabee
DIS Veteran

13 days until we arrive at Disney World!! Our first hotel is POP and we're so excited. We plan on getting to POP and enjoying dinner there and checking out the resort. We're only staying one night but the morning we wake up we are thinking we might walk over to AOA for breakfast. Only a short time at POP but still excited
Any must sees at POP or AOA?

Places checked off the hotel list : Poly, Poly CL, SSR, BC, DI, AKL, OKW, GF, WL, CBR, POR, POP
Old 11-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #597
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karabee View Post
13 days until we arrive at Disney World!! Our first hotel is POP and we're so excited. We plan on getting to POP and enjoying dinner there and checking out the resort. We're only staying one night but the morning we wake up we are thinking we might walk over to AOA for breakfast. Only a short time at POP but still excited
When at Pop, the tie dye cheesecake is a must!

Monica
Old 11-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #598
merbobear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karabee View Post
I love the Mr & Mrs Potato Head statues and the giant Foosball

Old 11-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #599
msmith07101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karabee
I think the Cars section at AoA is a must ser. We are at Pop now...my sister is at AoA...very cute! At Pop i like the big Mickey phone because I had One as a kid. Wish I still had It!
'94 Port Orleans French Qtr/'95 Caribbean Beach Resort/'97 Coronado Springs/'01 All Star Music/'02 Sandals Royal Caribbean Jamaica/'05 CBR/'07 Disneyland & California Adventure- offsite/'08 Beaches Boscobel Jamaica/May 23,09 Disney Magic
December 2010 Pop Century...to see my son & his HS marching band perform at WDW & US Macy's Parade!!

Old 11-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #600
msmith07101
DIS Veteran

Here at Pop now...been here since Wednesday. Got a bit warm and was sunny, so thought i would swim. Hippy Dippy pool is freezing. Guess the heater is still an issue? Moved to bowling pin pool. Much better. Having a great trip. Parks are a bit crowded though. We are just hitting them early.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: