Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES! > disABILITIES Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #1
Happy Dreams1
Where happy dreams and magic is just a castle away

Pacemaker surgery and subsequent Lead revisions ?

I put up a thread in the other disabilities forum asking something about Universal and IOA.

My surgery was on Nov. 5. Just merely a few hour after the implant, I began experiencing worsening arrhythmias, leading to extreme fatigue. They continued and continued. I went to the ER the following morning but was cleared. ( The ER doc definitely did not know how to read a chest x ray concerning a pacemaker). I went to a check-up that following Friday. A Medtronic lady came to check the pacemaker and had no capture of the ventricular lead even at the highest sensitivity. The cardiologist looked at the x ray and could immediately see the dislodgement of the lead. He operated on me to reposition the cable literally 3 hours later. I come home the same night.

The following morning, I experience similar arrhythmias. Even worse, the atrial lead was so dislodged that it caught the phrenic nerve and caused violent diaphragmatic contractions/stimulation.

The following Monday ( this monday) at the ER, a Medtronic guy told us the atrial lead was dislodged as so was the ventricular one. He had to up the voltage from 1.0 V to 5.0 V in the atrial lead to compensate. The cables were re-positioned the following day ( yesterday).

My parents are extremely mad at these occurrences and sometimes think I did it! ( buy moving my left arm violently)- it wasn't me

Has anyone had this happened to them? Mind you, these lead dislodgements have happened in a row.

I'm having my post-op check -up this friday. i pray that we will not hear that the leads are misplaced yet again!

I can't believe this one incision has been re-opened three times in a row.

Mom Wanda(sis-22) Me- Claudia(17)(wish kid)

LOVE California...my home away from home:

My Make-A-Wish trip to Disney World 2011 :
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2791041
Happy Dreams1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: