Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
jnoble82
Mouseketeer

Via Napoli sauce

So this may be a weird question but is the pizza sauce at via napoli chunky sauce? I can't stand tomato chunks in my pizza but I really want to try this place next December (maybe score a CP meal deal).
Old 11-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #2
olecow
Mouseketeer

My family and I ate there a couple of years ago and the sauce wasn't chunky then (but it was REALLY good).
olecow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
jnoble82
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecow View Post
My family and I ate there a couple of years ago and the sauce wasn't chunky then (but it was REALLY good).
Thanks! Its hard to tell from the photos. It looks like it isn't but after a horrible Pizzeria Uno experience several years I'm weary Via Napoli pizza looks amazing. Hopefully I can eat there (IE, Jen remember to make an ADR ) Likely not on a dining plan so it'll be OOP but since its likely the only TS restaurant I'm going to want to eat at, I don't think it'll matter.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:11 PM   #4
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

I hate chunks in sauce or bits of tomato that stick to your teeth. Lol! VN sauce was smooth and delish. You will love it. We have 3 reservations for our 11 day trip in Dec. We may cancel one but.... prob not!! We love it. For dessert we love the Zepolle di Ricotta. OMG so good!!ENJOY!!!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:03 AM   #5
jnoble82
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro Z View Post
I hate chunks in sauce or bits of tomato that stick to your teeth. Lol! VN sauce was smooth and delish. You will love it. We have 3 reservations for our 11 day trip in Dec. We may cancel one but.... prob not!! We love it. For dessert we love the Zepolle di Ricotta. OMG so good!!ENJOY!!!
Awesome! Thank you so much. The pizzas look amazing! Not kidding, I eat pizza, fries, grilled cheese (does anywhere in the world sell grilled cheese?), mac & cheese (my dads not from a box is the best), pancakes, toast. I eat like a 3 year old. I ate a lot of pizza on my most recent trip. Yum. Frozen pizza. I'm definitely going to look forward to Via Napoli pizza. I wish it wasn't so far away!!
Old 11-15-2012, 05:42 AM   #6
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Nope! No chunks! Just deliciousness!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #7
doclegler
DIS Veteran

Not chunky in June either. Very smooth, and thin. My family doesn't really like chunky sauce either.
We enjoyed it a great deal!!
doclegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:41 AM   #8
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnoble82 View Post
Thanks! Its hard to tell from the photos. It looks like it isn't but after a horrible Pizzeria Uno experience several years I'm weary Via Napoli pizza looks amazing. Hopefully I can eat there (IE, Jen remember to make an ADR ) Likely not on a dining plan so it'll be OOP but since its likely the only TS restaurant I'm going to want to eat at, I don't think it'll matter.
Funny thing...my dd, 19, loves Uno's pizza, but she hates the chunks of tomato on it. So, when she's done eating, there are small bits of crust left beside all the tomato chunks!!!
She has had the pizza at Via Napoli and loves it!!! So, you should be okay!!!

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #9
sheilanne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnoble82

Awesome! Thank you so much. The pizzas look amazing! Not kidding, I eat pizza, fries, grilled cheese (does anywhere in the world sell grilled cheese?), mac & cheese (my dads not from a box is the best), pancakes, toast. I eat like a 3 year old. I ate a lot of pizza on my most recent trip. Yum. Frozen pizza. I'm definitely going to look forward to Via Napoli pizza. I wish it wasn't so far away!!
Just curious... Are you healthy without eating veggies, fruits, dairy and protein? I'm curious because I see so many kids eating the exact way and I wonder what the future holds? My 6 y/o DGD doesn't like pizza, fries (actually any kind of potatoes), burgers, nuggets, candy and will only drink water!!! LOL. Sometimes we wonder how in the world she fits in our family of "junk" eaters!! She asks for asparagus and fruit for snacks and hates anything sweet. Oh well, I guess everyone is different.
sheilanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:25 PM   #10
Crystal824
DIS Veteran

No chunks. Via Napoli pizza is acutally my favorite pizza. It is so yummy.
Crystal824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:47 PM   #11
jnoble82
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheilanne View Post
Just curious... Are you healthy without eating veggies, fruits, dairy and protein? I'm curious because I see so many kids eating the exact way and I wonder what the future holds? My 6 y/o DGD doesn't like pizza, fries (actually any kind of potatoes), burgers, nuggets, candy and will only drink water!!! LOL. Sometimes we wonder how in the world she fits in our family of "junk" eaters!! She asks for asparagus and fruit for snacks and hates anything sweet. Oh well, I guess everyone is different.
I'm not the picture of health but I'm not overweight (OK maybe like 3 pounds but my weight does fluctuate). I think that is a combination of diet/not really exercising. I'm trying to work on it! The biggest thing is that I do have anemia. I'm supposed to take iron pills. I tend to forget though. Its something I should start doing again. I do like dairy. I could drink a gallon of milk (1% or 2%) in 2 days if I thought about it. It was my only negative about disney. A little half pint of milk cost $1.29! Crazy. Occasionally, I do have steak and I've taken a liking to roast beef. My list wasn't exactly ALL that I eat but it is a big part of it. Apparently its an eating disorder. I actually filled out a survey to be part of the study to see why I eat like I do and if there's a way to change it. Its not that I look at other foods and go "ew gross" I look at them and think about how much I may have to chew it. I can't chew something too much or my gag reflex kicks in. This happens too with foods that I do like to eat (pancakes are a huge culprit). Maybe I had some traumatic chewing accident as a child. I wish I knew the answers as it can be hampering sometimes when friends want to go out to eat and, if I went on dates, I'm sure it would difficult after a while. I hate microwaved foods too. I'm aware I'm weird.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:51 PM   #12
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Nope! No chunks! Just deliciousness!!
Never any chunks....just great pizza...
Old 11-15-2012, 04:54 PM   #13
jnoble82
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal824 View Post
No chunks. Via Napoli pizza is acutally my favorite pizza. It is so yummy.
Yummy! I'm sure I'll like it.

Off topic: I see you stayed at POFQ a few visits ago. I'm staying there next year! Is it as amazing as the pictures make it out to be?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: