DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 08:45 PM   #16
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaeyee View Post
we are now leaning to buy resale for BLT or VWL then will add smaller contract later with VB

thanks everyone for ur input
If you're planning on buying at VB anyway, it MIGHT be reasonable to look for a really good contract there. Ultimately it depends on how often you'd go, how many points you're looking at and what the % of points you'd use at VB over the years. In general I'd say either buy there or not unless you're looking at larger contracts. For example, it doesn't make sense for most situations to buy 150 points at WDW and then later say 50 pts at VB. For every few years it's likely best to buy WDW and try for VB periodically than the reverse. The exceptions are for the highest demand times and for routine use of the 3 BR beach houses.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:38 PM   #17
runmommyrun
Mouseketeer

Personally, I LOVE Vero Beach and would buy there if I lived closer. We found the resort to be absolutely wonderful and I'd go back again and again.

As for booking at the 7 month window, I knock on wood when I say this, but if you are online and booking the moment you can, you can USUALLY get what you need, whether it be WDW, VB, DL or HHI. We own 100% at BLT, but now have been able to book at the 7 month window at Aulani, Villas at Grand Californian, and BCV. I've been able to book at UNDER the 7 month mark at Saratoga Springs and Villas at Wilderness Lodge. It all depends upon where and when you want to go. Much to my surprise, the fall/holidays is tougher booking at WDW. Not impossible, but tougher. Lucky for us, my husband is a teacher and we are stuck to busy travel times (summer). All I can say is that DVC is a great purchase for PLANNERS. I am an obsessive planner, so I know to wake up early at the 7 month window and try to book. It works for us. I don't think it matters what your home resort is. It is when you book that is the key.

Be happy to own at VB! It is my kids favorite resort and they've been to a handful at WDW! Just try to book on your 7 month date. That will be the trick to you getting your WDW room. Good luck!
Beach Club Villas/Port Orleans-French Quarter, Star Wars Weekend (June 2014); Bay Lake Tower/AoA, MNSSHP & Epcot Food & Wine Festival (Oct. 2013); Aulani and Villas at Grand Californian (June 2013); Bay Lake Tower, Epcot Food & Wine Festival (Oct. 2012); Beach Club Villas/Dream Cruise/Bay Lake Tower (June 2012); Bay Lake Tower, Epcot Food & Wine Festival (Oct. 2011); Bay Lake Tower (June 2011); Vero Beach (March 2011); Saratoga Springs (Jan. 2011); Wilderness Lodge Villas & Bay Lake Tower (Aug. 2010); Vero Beach (March 2010); Wilderness Lodge (June 2009); Off-site (1998, 1997 & 1986)
runDisney
2011 Disney Marathon & Kid Races; 2011 Wine & Dine Half Marathon; Castaway Cay 5K June 2012
DVC Member since March 2010
runmommyrun is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #18
TheDalys
Mouseketeer

Don't be stressed about going on a waitlist also, I was waitlisted at 5 months out and got a room for my family during Marathon weekend. Saratoga, Old Keywest are big resorts.
TheDalys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #19
Starr W.
DIS Veteran

I own at VB, we use those points for the 11 month window for the 3br Beach Cottages.

Personally I get a little sick when I get my MF bill every year and look at the VB line. The MF's are much more reasonable at SSR. So the SSR points are used for WDW and we just got back from a stay in a 2br at VGC(no problem booking at 7 month window).
Old 11-14-2012, 07:21 PM   #20
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr W. View Post
I own at VB, we use those points for the 11 month window for the 3br Beach Cottages.

Personally I get a little sick when I get my MF bill every year and look at the VB line. The MF's are much more reasonable at SSR. So the SSR points are used for WDW and we just got back from a stay in a 2br at VGC(no problem booking at 7 month window).
As much as I would love to add on to have the booking advantage for the cottages I can't get over the MF at VB. And knowing they will continue to increase.

Tags
points., vero beach

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: