Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 05:28 PM   #91
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

great update and pics.

"Ohana was a favorite of mine but not anymore. I feel the food went downhill. And it seems rushed.

That pic is out of character for you. Jim is right they did put something in your juice. LOL
Old 11-14-2012, 07:34 PM   #92
Lesprivate
DIS Veteran

I love Ohana's for breakfast, the food is good and the character interaction has always been good any time we have been to Ohana's.
Saratoga Springs, March 2014, AKL Kidani August 2013, CBR October 2012, OKW August 2012, May 2011 BLT,October 2010 BLT, August 2010 AKV, August 2009 SSR,May 2009 SSR, August 2008 VWL, August 2007 - POR and BCV, November 2006 - POFQ, August 2004 - ASSP, January 2001 - Offsite, December 1998 - Offsite, May 1997 - Offsite, June 1996 - Offsite, December 1995 - Offsite, June 1994 - Offsite, February 1989 - Offsite, April 1986 - Offsite, April 1985 - Offsite, December 1985 - Offsite, Numerous times as a child
Me , DH , DD , DGS Lucky , Spike Spanky : George
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 08:19 PM   #93
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
great update and pics.

"Ohana was a favorite of mine but not anymore. I feel the food went downhill. And it seems rushed.

That pic is out of character for you. Jim is right they did put something in your juice. LOL
I wish it had been rushed. I felt like we waited forever for the bill and even trying to get more eggs took forever.

I surprised myself with that picture. It really was totally out of character. I think they spiked my juice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesprivate View Post
I love Ohana's for breakfast, the food is good and the character interaction has always been good any time we have been to Ohana's.
Leslie I agree the food is good. The character interaction wasn't bad but it seemed like because we were adults and no kids they were rushing that part. I wasn't happy at all with the experience in august so I think I will try somewhere new the next trip. I will miss that juice though.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:15 AM   #94
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Too bad you had issues with your service at O'Hana. It is on my list of places to try (for dinner) but it has been getting mixed reviews lately. I do think, however that the juice might be the same as the one at Boma, if you like it there, at least that's what I have heard. I want to say they have it other places, too, but I don't know for sure.

Great view from your table, though!

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 11-15-2012, 06:16 AM   #95
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Too bad you had issues with your service at O'Hana. It is on my list of places to try (for dinner) but it has been getting mixed reviews lately. I do think, however that the juice might be the same as the one at Boma, if you like it there, at least that's what I have heard. I want to say they have it other places, too, but I don't know for sure.

Great view from your table, though!
I did want to try it for dinner but the reviews put me off. Then again most people dislike the Coral Reef and we have always enjoyed the food there. I think the juice is the same at Tusker House so I may have to go there again for breakfast plus I enjoyed the food. So many decisions before next December.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #96
tazdev3225

DAY 4 continues on

When I left you hanging I had been complaining about how slow it was getting our bill. We saw Mickey Mouse about 9:20 or so. We were done eating and had already asked for our bill. We saw this at 10:30

I get impatient. A bad character trait I know but that was an hour. We also saw

and a view of WS. It looked deserted but did it stay that way?

We were off of the monorail and headed to bag check and I got in the slowest line again. Kristel and I both said it was a waste of time as the security guard barely looked at my bag but he did search the scooter. I find the bag check to be a total annoyance but what can you do. Everyone headed to the turnstile right there so we went all the way to the far right. No line. Our plan was to head over to SE first. I got there and looked around but where was Kristel. Stitch was out but we saw him at breakfast. I headed back the way we came in to find she had been nabbed. Yep those pesky reseach people got her, and this one was s-l-o-o-o-w. SE is one of the few rides that has a separate entrance for scooters. We went in and the CM's there were great. They slowed the walkway down just a little but enought to make it easier for me and we were headed to the beginning of time. In no time we were preparing for our future

We had a quick potty break and I got artsy with my pics.

Up next it was time to explore space. We did the green side because I suffer from motion sickness. Kristel was great about that because I know she prefers orange.

It was a walk-on and we were the only 2 in our capsule but we managed to complete our mission. For some reason I kept hearing I Don't Want To Miss A Thing playing in my head during the ride. We were going to Mars not looking for asteroids to blow up.

Then it was time for our real mission of the day - heading to the World Showcase. Along the way the fountain was jumping

The cranberries were in a bog

and I found a watermelon patch. I love watermelon and was quite happy to see the facts and directions on how to pick a good watermelon

Food and Wine decorations

Then I saw a really cute bear. I wanted a pic of just Duffy. People kept getting in my way so I got in line. Of course just as I got close, there were only 2 families ahead of me to start with, Duffy needed a break. We waited and I got a really good shot as he came back

I was happy and tried to leave. The photopass photographer got a liitle "snippy" with me telling me that was where she stood and I had to move to another spot as I tried to pass her. I told her if she would get out of my way I would as I was trying to leave and I can't move if she stands right in front of me. She moved.

I was really a little moody that day for some reason.

I will stop here and leave you guessing about what we did next and did my mood get better.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:29 AM   #97
tazdev3225

Since nobody decided to take a guess I will keep going and let you know where we went next. And possibly finish the day. I babysit my grandkids on Friday so this is how I pass the time. Reading TR's or writing my own.

Anyway we were leaving Duffy and heading towards the WS but where to go first? To eat around the world seemed like a good start so the first stop was the Caribbean

I got the Ropa Vieja with Cilantro Rice. I know I took a picture but I didn't add that to my photobucket. If I find it at home I'll post it. Anyway I found this to be good but just a little to spicy for me and I like spicy. The rice wasn't over powered with cilantro which was nice as I'm not a huge fan. I give this a

Our next stop was

I had Shrimp on the Barbie with Pepper Berry Glaze

I loved this last year but this year it was just way too salty and I salt food before I taste it. If you could get past that it was good and the glaze was very nice. Again just

Our next stop was Mexico. No pic of the menu. I know I got the Natilla de Cajeta or caramel custard

This was just awful. I threw it out after one or two spoons full.

Since we were in Mexico we decided to go inside the pavilion. I like the ride so on we went. I never noticed how big a big step that is getting in and out of the boat.
A couple of pics

Saw these really cute carvings. I used to collect owls

Then we started to leave. I don't know what I was doing but I completely missed the ramp to exit and wound up behind it trying to exit through a wall. Kristel thought I was crazy but I said I was checking out the fountain. Yeah right! She posed so I didn't look like a complete moron

As we moved on I saw

My husband loves Donald.

Next up was Norway. We both like Maelstrom and there wasn't much of a wait, so on we went

Then Kristel made me put on a Viking hat. I do not like to appear silly but I put it on.

She enjoys the hats

Then I had her slay a troll

As we were leaving I got a shot of the wait time

Only 10 minutes. That really wasn't bad. Kristel had been texting Scott so we knew that they had arrived and were headed back our way so we waited. I took a few pics but liked this one

What did we do next? Stay tuned.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #98
melissac
DIS Veteran

We love "Devine" at AK but the last few trips we haven't been in the parks the same days or times she is. Actually, my husband loves "Devine" and outfit and flexability

Offsite 1978, DL offsite 1991 NYE, WDW offsite 1995, CBC and DC 2001, POFQ 2006, Purchased DVC 2006, OKW May 2007, CBC Dec. 2007, SSR Jan. 2008,OKW Oct 2008, AS Movies Jan 2009, HRH & THV Oct 2009, BWV Sept 2010, RPR, SSR & OKW Jan 2011, OKW & DLR Dec 2012, OKW Oct 2013, POR May 2014
Old 11-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #99
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissac View Post
We love "Devine" at AK but the last few trips we haven't been in the parks the same days or times she is. Actually, my husband loves "Devine" and outfit and flexability
She is a favorite of mine. The first time I saw her I think I took over 100 pics of just her. I wish I had a tenth of the flexibility she has. Arthritis has taken it's toll on my body.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:03 PM   #100
Lesprivate
DIS Veteran

I will not ride Mission Space on either of the sides, just afraid it might make me sick. I had the Ropa Vieja and am remembering that it was delicious but don't remember if it was too spicy.

That viking hat becomes you
Saratoga Springs, March 2014, AKL Kidani August 2013, CBR October 2012, OKW August 2012, May 2011 BLT,October 2010 BLT, August 2010 AKV, August 2009 SSR,May 2009 SSR, August 2008 VWL, August 2007 - POR and BCV, November 2006 - POFQ, August 2004 - ASSP, January 2001 - Offsite, December 1998 - Offsite, May 1997 - Offsite, June 1996 - Offsite, December 1995 - Offsite, June 1994 - Offsite, February 1989 - Offsite, April 1986 - Offsite, April 1985 - Offsite, December 1985 - Offsite, Numerous times as a child
Old 11-16-2012, 12:32 PM   #101
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesprivate View Post
I will not ride Mission Space on either of the sides, just afraid it might make me sick. I had the Ropa Vieja and am remembering that it was delicious but don't remember if it was too spicy.

That viking hat becomes you
I keep my eyes closed a lot, or take pictures. It's amazing what I do with the camera.

It was a little spicy that day anyway and I put hot sauce on eggs.

Doesn't it? I rarely do things like that but she insisted.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #102
tazdev3225

When I left off we were waiting on Scott and Vinny.

Kristel had gone to the Germany kiosk for some Apple Strudel

Sorry no pic but she enjoyed it. I had the Schinken Nudel.

This was so good. A definite favorite of mine. While we ate I took the boot off of my foot because it was feeling really tight. With very good reason, my foot had swelled up quite a bit. While Scott and Vinny went in search of food kristel grabbed the plastic bag I had for my camera in search of ice.

Our mission of ice accomplished we met Scott and Vinny at the Liberty Inn. While they ate and Vinny complained about his meal I sat like this

The ice helped a bit but I fought the swelling the rest of the trip. While we were sitting there these guys came through

We sat a little longer

Then we were off. We stopped around Japan

Scott looks like he was on his phone checking something out

Then Scott and Vinny were off. They had something they wanted to do. I think it involved snails and I wanted no part of that. Kristel and I headed to

She got a Kefta Pocket while I used the rest room and then I got the same thing plus Baklava.
The "Kefta Pocket"

and Baklava

Now Kristel looked at my Kefta and said it looked different. II started to eat it and it was full of onions and peppers. EWW!!!! I do not like peppers. I went back to question what I had and found out they gave me the Merguez Sausage. The CM was really nice and gave me 2 pockets to make up for the mistake.
The Kefta pocket

I ate a small portion so you could see inside. This was very good and that slaw in there was the perfect accompaniment. The Baklava was good but I have had better. Over all I give both just an average rating.

We texted Scott and found out they had indeed gone to France and were now leaving the park to head back to their resort. They wanted to hit the pool. Kristel and I headed to Canada. She wanted the Cheese soup which she enjoyed.

I got the Mushroom Filet with wild mushrooms

This was awesome. The filet was very tender and cooked just the way I like it. I was expecting dried out beef and that was so not the case. The mushrooms were tasty, there could have been more but I am known for going to Pecos Bill just to get the mushrooms from the fixings bar. I LOVE mushrooms.

Kristel and I said good bye at this point. She wanted to head back to POFQ to hit the pool and I decided to stay in EPCOT. I couldn't go in the pool anyway. I also had a date at 5:30 that I did not intend to break.

I headed to my son's favorite ride Journey Into The Imagination. I love going on here just because it brings back such happy memories of my son as a little boy.

continued.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:07 AM   #103
tazdev3225

I am going to try this again. I have had 3 updates go to cyber space.

When I last managed to get an update on here Scott, Vinny and Kristel had all deserted me. OK not really I love having some time to myself and didn't mind that they all wanted to swim. We would be meeting later.

After revisiting the happy memories of my son I was off to the Land. Nope not for Soarin'. I am probably the only person that dislikes that ride but I do! I wanted to see how Disney's garden grows.

I loved the quotes on the wall

There wasn't really much of a line. I don't get why there's a FP here as there is never much of a line. Took a pic of the buffaloes for my dad. The man loves buffalo. He went on vacation out west and brought home some buffalo poo one time. What is really embarassing is that he once knew all of the buffalo at a farm by name.

Some edible water plants

And a 9 pound lemon. I really want to know what you do with a lemon that big

And an even bigger sweet potato

I was off to see some fish next. I had to see if they Find Nemo. I also took advantage of almost no line to take my time and get some pics in the queue. I was very good and let people pass me. I really was in no huge rush,

It was getting close to 5 PM at this point and I had a date so back to the WS I headed. I stopped in Japan for a Kake Gori. I have missed these the last few trips so it was on my list of must dos this trip. I got the rainbow flavor and was not disappointed

I then headed to the theater for my date. I was shocked at how full it was but I found a nice spot up top with a decent view. Philly's own Boyz II Men was the entertainment for the Eat to the Beat Concert. I settled in and got a few pics

I really enjoyed the concert. There was a really cute older couple next to me that got up and danced quite a few times. They didn't play my favorite song but I was happy.

Remember the pic of WS from the monorail - a nice empty area. Boy did that change. I had to fight this to get out of the area

That was not easy but I took advantage of gaps. One last ride before I left

They used my pic for both heads. It was a little spooky being my own twin. I had to head out because I was meeting everyone for dinner. Up next dinner and the end of the day. I hope.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:42 AM   #104
tazdev3225

I left EPCOT and headed up to the monorail. I was meeting every one at the Contemporary. I took some really nice pics but didn't upload them. When I reached my destination I had no idea where to go. We were having dinner at the California Grill. Someone told me to take the elevator to the 15th floor. Up I went but you can't take the elevator to the 15th floor.

Kristel and I were texting so I headed back down. Then I went up again then down again. Eventually I found Kristel and then we found Scott and Vinny. You have to take a special elevator to get to the restaurant. We were seated soon after we finally got to the 15th floor. We didn't get a window seat but we were close enough to see a lovely view of MK. This was one place I was a little nervous about eating at. I am cheap by nature. It's how I manage to save the money to go to Disney. I knew Cali was rather not cheap. I also do not like sushi. I'm not a huge fan of cooked fish so raw fish? I looked at menus online so I had a good idea of what I wanted.

We chatted a bit and the waitress came over for our drink orders. Scott did get something alcoholic, Kristel and I both got iced tea. I'm not sure what Vinny got as he and Scott had a discussion about what he should get. Scott thought he wanted wine, Vinny said no! He may have had just water. The waitress brought the drinks out with straws. Scott picked up his glass and couldn't understnd why he couldn't drink through the straw in the glass. When he took it out of the glass he realized he was trying to drink the the stirrer - not a straw. We definitely had a good laugh over that one.

We ordered appetizers. Vinny and I both got the cauliflower soup with truffle oil I believe.

Scott got the cheeseburger flatbread

Kristel got an heirloom tomato flatbread

Just about the time they were brought to the table it was time to go out on the observation deck to see the Magic Kingdom fireworks. Our waitress was awesome and covered the flatbreads and said she would bring out new bowls of soup when we came back in.

I took over 100 pictures so I'm only posting a few

The fireworks over we went back in to warm food and new soup as promised. The fireworks were great and the food was very good. All of the appy's got rave reviews.

Our dinners were next. Kristel got the goat cheese ravioli. It was one ravioli but it was huge and very good

Scott got the Spicy Kazan Roll. After his first bite he said it was too spicy. I think it wasn't as he ate it all

Vinny got the Dragon Roll. This looked amazing and he enjoyed it

I got the Gnocchi with wild mushrooms, edamame and pork. It was very good but rich and way too much.

I didn't get dessert as I wan't hungry. Scott got an apple crumb

and Kristel got the goat cheese cheesecake

They both said the desserts were also very good.

We chatted for a bit and then headed back to our resorts. It had been a long day.

As far as Cali Grill goes I would like to go with my husband next year if for nothing else than to see the fireworks again. I also think we would wind up sharing an appy or two as this is definitely not his kind of food. It is xpensive but it was really good. And with that Day 4 come to an end.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:50 AM   #105
Lesprivate
DIS Veteran

We go to see Air Supply for the Eat to the beat concert. Frank and I went to the California Grill for the 1st time this past trip and absolutely loved it. I had the lobster appetizer and Frank has some kind of sushi, for dinner I had the fillet and it was cooked perfect. This is must or just Frank and I, not someplace I would take the kids to.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: