Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 12:32 AM   #16
simmons_m
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
1. If a Park is at a Stage 4 closing nobody is allowed in. Effectively, nobody has a valid ticket for entry to the Park in this situation.

2. If you make any reservation for dining inside a Park you are warned that you must have valid Park Admission. This warning is given verbally if you make a phone reservation, or is on you confirmation if done online.

3. As stated in #1 above during a Stage 4 Closing nobody has valid Park Admission. As stated in #2 above, you must have valid Park admission to dine. So if you are not in the park at the time of a Stage 4 Closing and you do not make it to the restaurant, you are at fault for not having valid Park Admission to miss your reservation.
Thanks Cheshire and all,
What are the different levels of closing?
Thanks
Old 11-14-2012, 08:49 AM   #17
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Even if you have an ADR, if the park is at a stage 4 closure you are not getting in. and yes, that counts as a no-show, if you are subject to a no-show penalty.

Stage 1 they close the parking lots, so you need to arrive by Disney transportation.

Stage 2 they close the ticket booths, so you must already have a ticket.

Stage 3 they allow in resort guests and annual passholders and close it to everyone else. This may end up with guests with ADRs getting accommodated.

Stage 4 they won't let anyone in. At all. Even for a restaurant reservation.

I don't think I've ever heard of any park reaching Stage 4 closure other than MK. I think Epcot did only on December 31, 1999, and Studios is a smaller park so it may have on some holidays.

As far as being a resort guest guaranteeing you entrance to a park, you are not guaranteed entrance to a particular park. If you want to go to MK and they're at stage 4 you still have 3 other parks to choose from, so you are not being denied park entrance. Epcot and AK almost never close for capacity as they have larger capacities, and AK doesn't have the nighttime entertainment that most of the guests are going for anyway.

Last edited by TDC Nala; 11-14-2012 at 09:05 AM.
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #18
baler31
DIS Veteran

On Dec. 28th 2011 at different times HS, AK and MK all reached stage 4. I was there and the mornings had no crowds what so ever but after lunch it was a nightmare everywhere. Epcot was the biggest nightmare as at one point they were sending everyone over there.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:02 AM   #19
thumbalyna
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info. Our adr is at 840am so im pretty sure we will be fine. I just wasnt aware of them charging you if you were denied admission.
Past Trips:1981 Off Site -1987 Off Site - 1996 AS Sports - 1997 Howard Johnson Enchanted Land - 1998 Celebrity Resorts - 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH - 2007 Sheraton Vistana and HRH - 2008 Parkway International and RPR - 2009 AS Sports - 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas
thumbalyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #20
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

I doubt that. A simple call to the reservation # would get it canceled.
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:58 PM   #21
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
I doubt that. A simple call to the reservation # would get it canceled.
The only way to avoid a CC hold penalty is to cancel by close of business the preceding day.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #22
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

If you don't show up for your reservation, the restaurant doesn't know why you didn't show up, just that you didn't. They'll mark you down as a no-show.

You can make a call to the cancellation line or drop into a Guest Services and try to have the charge waived. It might work, but it might not. Once you make a reservation with a credit card hold, you're expected to do what you need to do in order to make it to the restaurant; on a day when capacity closure may be likely, that might be to get to the park early and don't leave it before your reservation.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:14 AM   #23
simmons_m
Mouseketeer

Thanks all.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: