DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #31
woodkins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaT91403 View Post
Did you talk to the person you are renting from and/or do you have a rental agreement? I am renting from the nicest person, and she is refunding my payment for the 120 points she is getting back. She is awesome, and I rented from her through the message board here.
I rented through an agency & they were very receptive to finding out what was going on however they did point out that the contract does not require the member to pass along any resort credits or refunds...we shall see what happens.

7/14 BC, 4/14 ASSP, 10/13 POLY, 8/13 WL, 4/13 WORLDS @ASMu, 11/12 Aulani 9/12 AKL, 7/12 BC, 10/11 POLY, 9/10 POLY, 12/09 POP, 9/09 GF, 2/09 POFQ, 12/08 POLY, 5/08 POLY, 12/07 POLY, 5/07 ASSp, 12/07 CB, 9/07 AKL, 12/06 ASMo, 9/06 WL,
woodkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:40 AM   #32
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Well DVC got to keep some of my credited points as we upgraded from a standard view to pool view. I have no will power where points are concerned.

D
isneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2012, 04:11 PM   #33
disneykins
DIS Veteran

$150

We are there 3 nights in October and they sent a letter saying we'll get $150 on our Resort Folio. Must be spent, non-refundable, dont think that will be a problem though.

Hope the Starlit Hui will still be on. Anyone know the dates it will be closed? All the letter said was short hiatus in the fall.

Thanks DVC, you do things right.

Debbie and Tony

DVC SINCE 93

OKW, 1/93, 1/94, 9/94, 3/95, 12/95, 96,1/97, 3/98, 1/99, 12/99, 12/01, 12/03, 12/05, 3/08, 1/10 SS BC 12/05 DLP 7/02, DL 7/72, 7/80, GC 7/04
MAGIC, 10/00, 12/01, 12/03, WONDER, 12/01
AS, 10/00, CBR, 12/99, CR, 12/84, 90
HRH, 12/01, RPR 12/03, HI, 1/93, HOJO, 12/89
QE2, 6/84, RCCL, 12/95 CCL, 1/97, NCL HI, 7/04, 3/07, 3/08, 9/08, 10/09
PK SUITES, 1/88, EMERALD SEAS CRUISE, 12/84
disneykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:52 AM   #34
jd99
DIS Veteran

We are checking in on December 23. Hope this means that the work will be suspended for the holiday and that the majority of the disruption is expected to be over by then! But somehow I'm thinking that won't be the case and that the refund goes up to the 22nd because the busiest period is the 23rd-30th that we have booked and they know people will come no matter the situation.
Upcoming: VGF Christmas Vacation Past: Magic Med July 14, Dream Jan. 14, Fantasy Nov. 13, GF and Fantasy Aug 2013, DD Dancing at Disney June 13, Spring Break at AKV: Aulani at Christmas, Fantasy Nov.3,Dream June 2011, DCL Med 2010 & 2011, DCL 3 night April 09, DCL Western Aug. 06, Nov. 08, 09, 10, DCL Eastern Nov. 06, 07, 11, DCL Mex Riviera Aug08/YC (x3), BCV (x6), Poly (x3), GF Concierge (x5), BC Concierge, YC Concierge, DL, PO, VWL, SSR, AKV (x4), BLT (x3), BC, Offsite (x3) Disneyland (too many times to count)
jd99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:52 PM   #35
msbatchelor5
Mouseketeer

Starlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneykins View Post
We are there 3 nights in October and they sent a letter saying we'll get $150 on our Resort Folio. Must be spent, non-refundable, dont think that will be a problem though.

Hope the Starlit Hui will still be on. Anyone know the dates it will be closed? All the letter said was short hiatus in the fall.

Thanks DVC, you do things right.

Debbie and Tony
When I called the lady over the phone told me that it will probably be closed the end of Oct. (When I will be there.) But... who really knows.
msbatchelor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:25 PM   #36
DisnutDave
DIS Semi-veteran

I called the Vacation Planning Center on Friday and was told that the Starlit Hui will be closed the last two weeks of September and the first two weeks of October. The guide did say with construction there is no guarantee, so those dates could be extended. We will be there 9/8-9/14 and he could not guarantee that construction would not start early, so we are hoping for the best.
Too many visits to list!!
DisnutDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:21 PM   #37
dvc points
Earning My Ears

Was hopeful until I called Aulani's directly

I am a huge DVC fan. Have gotten friends to join because of my enthusiasm. But this is my first negative post. I hope it will give information to other DVC members.

This trip is a very special occasion. 3 of the four grandparents in our family are turning 70 this year. We've planned this for some time. I'm using a lot of points to take everyone.

My disappointment about the expansion was abated when DVC said they'd refund 2nights. But I wanted to make sure things like the Starlit Hui (which people have raved about) and the breakfast buffet (which I always enjoy at Hawaiian resorts) would be offered.

According to the Aulani, it's website is lacking or out right wrong in so many ways.
1. Starlit Hui will be closed for one month beginning Sept 13. We arrive on the 24th.
2. And a regular breakfast buffet is no longer available except on Mondays. You must now pay for the more expensive Character breakfast buffet. None of us wants a character experience. I want to pay for what's offered on their website. A breakfast buffet which is seemingly standard in the nicer resorts in Hawaii. Because the grandparents have some dietary restrictions, and because we all enjoy lavish breakfast buffets when we travel, this is important to us.
3. There will be no more Movie nights during this time period.
4. The spa no longer offers the $45/day entrance for their hydrotherapy baths, jacuzzi, saunas, etc. This is not my thing, but it is what the elderly family members would have enjoyed. Now one must pay for a spa treatment that is at least 50minutes long to gain access to the hydrotherapy area. And these are just the activities I specifically asked about.

I am upset right now because the hotel operator (didn't get his name) was rude. He basically told me this happens all the time at Disney resorts and they are trying to get used to the way Disney does things. So suck it up. When I asked for an email address or phone number to submit a suggestion, he put me on hold then hung up. When I called back someone else answered.
I've traveled to many DVC resorts, and this has not happened. I know Aulani is new. I want to be understanding but Disney should be more accommodating during this period of time when so much has changed from what was advertised on their website. This is BAIT AND SWITCH.

I would suggest they lower the cost of the character breakfast buffet which will now be 6 days/week to the regular buffet breakfast since you no longer have a choice. This would be about $300 savings for us.
During their expansion, Aulani should continue to allow the $45 a day spa entrance.
The Movie night at the least, if not Starlit Hui too, should be temporarily set up in a location away from the construction. Pitch a blow up movie screen near the beach or something. Surely, Disney can come up with something than just saying the activities advertised on our website, brochures, and by our cast members is no longer offered at that time. Too bad.
At the least, Disney should have been more forthcoming and detailed with the degree to which Aulani's guests would be affected during their expansion. When did they know about this anyway? Why didn't they tell us sooner?
Furthermore, Disney should better train their hotel operators/cast members about customer/member service.

In the end, this is a celebration for our family members so we will have a wonderful time, but as the organizer, I wish I had not told everyone about these activities that even the most physically limited member could enjoy.

Does anyone know where I can submit suggestions and if it's even worth my time?
dvc points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:53 PM   #38
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc points View Post
I am a huge DVC fan. Have gotten friends to join because of my enthusiasm. But this is my first negative post. I hope it will give information to other DVC members.

This trip is a very special occasion. 3 of the four grandparents in our family are turning 70 this year. We've planned this for some time. I'm using a lot of points to take everyone.

My disappointment about the expansion was abated when DVC said they'd refund 2nights. But I wanted to make sure things like the Starlit Hui (which people have raved about) and the breakfast buffet (which I always enjoy at Hawaiian resorts) would be offered.

According to the Aulani, it's website is lacking or out right wrong in so many ways.
1. Starlit Hui will be closed for one month beginning Sept 13. We arrive on the 24th.
2. And a regular breakfast buffet is no longer available except on Mondays. You must now pay for the more expensive Character breakfast buffet. None of us wants a character experience. I want to pay for what's offered on their website. A breakfast buffet which is seemingly standard in the nicer resorts in Hawaii. Because the grandparents have some dietary restrictions, and because we all enjoy lavish breakfast buffets when we travel, this is important to us.
3. There will be no more Movie nights during this time period.
4. The spa no longer offers the $45/day entrance for their hydrotherapy baths, jacuzzi, saunas, etc. This is not my thing, but it is what the elderly family members would have enjoyed. Now one must pay for a spa treatment that is at least 50minutes long to gain access to the hydrotherapy area. And these are just the activities I specifically asked about.

I am upset right now because the hotel operator (didn't get his name) was rude. He basically told me this happens all the time at Disney resorts and they are trying to get used to the way Disney does things. So suck it up. When I asked for an email address or phone number to submit a suggestion, he put me on hold then hung up. When I called back someone else answered.
I've traveled to many DVC resorts, and this has not happened. I know Aulani is new. I want to be understanding but Disney should be more accommodating during this period of time when so much has changed from what was advertised on their website. This is BAIT AND SWITCH.

I would suggest they lower the cost of the character breakfast buffet which will now be 6 days/week to the regular buffet breakfast since you no longer have a choice. This would be about $300 savings for us.
During their expansion, Aulani should continue to allow the $45 a day spa entrance.
The Movie night at the least, if not Starlit Hui too, should be temporarily set up in a location away from the construction. Pitch a blow up movie screen near the beach or something. Surely, Disney can come up with something than just saying the activities advertised on our website, brochures, and by our cast members is no longer offered at that time. Too bad.
At the least, Disney should have been more forthcoming and detailed with the degree to which Aulani's guests would be affected during their expansion. When did they know about this anyway? Why didn't they tell us sooner?
Furthermore, Disney should better train their hotel operators/cast members about customer/member service.

In the end, this is a celebration for our family members so we will have a wonderful time, but as the organizer, I wish I had not told everyone about these activities that even the most physically limited member could enjoy.

Does anyone know where I can submit suggestions and if it's even worth my time?
Tough lessons learned, we too love Disney with artwork and statues sharing our home, and we also loved the DVC. Like yourself we referred families, over 20 to become members. We own at 5 resorts, 1300 plus points and we vacation at WDW 2 or 3 times per year.

Over the years I have gotten to know many CM's that work at WDW and DVD/DVC, they are great people, dedicated people, and they are frustrated people. Disney seems to have changed the way that they do business and/or we are close enough to see the difference now.

Disney is in business to make a profit, they made a all time record profit last quarter. As time goes on you start seeing behind the curtain and it's sad.

The CM that you were talking to probably wasn't at Aulani, like other Disney Resorts, the calls to the resort are answered in a call center where the people act like they are at the resort.

You can contact the Member Satisfaction Team and express your frustration but to be honest, they are great at acting like they care but it doesn't seem to change anything.

dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:24 PM   #39
conandrob240
DIS Veteran

We had a 4 night studio stay booked from 12/2-12/6 and received notice we'll be refunded 1 night's points. This happened about a month ago. I also just today booked an additional 2 nights stay in island view studio later that week for 2 nights after our cruise. I wonder if I will also get a refund or resort credit for the 2 night stay? That would be awesome!
conandrob240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #40
Neraj
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
Tough lessons learned, we too love Disney with artwork and statues sharing our home, and we also loved the DVC. Like yourself we referred families, over 20 to become members. We own at 5 resorts, 1300 plus points and we vacation at WDW 2 or 3 times per year.

Over the years I have gotten to know many CM's that work at WDW and DVD/DVC, they are great people, dedicated people, and they are frustrated people. Disney seems to have changed the way that they do business and/or we are close enough to see the difference now.

Disney is in business to make a profit, they made a all time record profit last quarter. As time goes on you start seeing behind the curtain and it's sad.

The CM that you were talking to probably wasn't at Aulani, like other Disney Resorts, the calls to the resort are answered in a call center where the people act like they are at the resort.

You can contact the Member Satisfaction Team and express your frustration but to be honest, they are great at acting like they care but it doesn't seem to change anything.

dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

Bill
The reason all these changes are happening at Aulani are BECAUSE of feedback gathered by guests who have stayed at the resort. Of course major changes aren't going to happen because of one groups dissatisfaction, but when they see trends concerning possible opportunities to improve they seem to work on it.
Neraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #41
salemk
Mouseketeer

Now that we are in the beginning part of Nov. Has anyone staying in late Dec through early Feb receive any notification from Disney about getting a refund for 1-2 days worth of points? Last info I saw was that only people through mid Dec had received refunds for points. Just wondering since we will be there from 2/2/13 - 2/8/13.
salemk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:35 PM   #42
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

DD is staying from 12/14-12/20/12 and we're getting 2 nights credit. They are supposed to stop construction for Christmas and then resume sometime in January. I would suspect that, depending on how much construction is remaining after Christmas, it will determine the possibility of credits.

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:44 PM   #43
lilbuddy88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by salemk View Post
Now that we are in the beginning part of Nov. Has anyone staying in late Dec through early Feb receive any notification from Disney about getting a refund for 1-2 days worth of points? Last info I saw was that only people through mid Dec had received refunds for points. Just wondering since we will be there from 2/2/13 - 2/8/13.
We've got reservations for 2/19-2/26. we haven't received any word of a credit
lilbuddy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #44
gatorgirl02
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbuddy88 View Post
We've got reservations for 2/19-2/26. we haven't received any word of a credit
We are staying 2/24-2/27 and when speaking with DVC reservations, I was told that 3 night stays will get you a $150 credit for use at the resort while 5 night stays will get you two nights credit. So, I am planning on putting my $150 towards good use at the spa or for dinners
gatorgirl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #45
shari2137
Earning My Ears

Our stay begins on January 8th, we have not heard anything at this time. We actually booked four rooms using points. We have 3 studios for 3 nights each for family members and then for us we have a studio for 5 nights and a 1-bedroom for 5 nights. Would love for the credits especially considering it sounds like there will be construction still ongoing.
shari2137 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: