Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #1651
E-P-C-O-T
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at WL many times, but, our last stay was in 2007. Just booked a standard room, but, we may now splurge a bit and book a CL room. Big change, I know, but we are only going for 3 nights and have never stayed in a CL room at Disney. Tell me about the lounge!

May09 CSR /AKV/BWV Sep09 VWL Jan10 POP/AKV APR10 POP Jun10 AKL/BWV Sep10 BCV Jan11 POP/BWV May11 BCV/BWV Jun/Jul11 SWAN/SSR Sep11 AKV/BWV/BCV Jan12 POP/BCV Feb 12 SSR May12 POP/AKV/BCV Sep12 2012 AKV/BCV/Disney Dream Dec12 Reunion Resort/WL May/Jun13 AKV/BCV/Reunion Resort/BLT Oct13 AKL Dec/Jan14 BCV/AOA/AKV Jan BCV

Currently planning many other trips, but, Mommy is running low on DVC points
Old 11-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #1652
NHKristy76
Senior Mousketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld5 View Post
My parents had Room 5163 and we had the room right next door 5161 when we were there in January. It was an AWESOME view and I couldn't wait to wake up each morning to take a look outside.

We had reserved Woods View Rooms so it was quite a nice surprise of pixie dust on our first time there. Our next trip is February and while we are staying Club Level, I hope DS is not too disappointed in not having the exact same view.
Wow! That view is amazing!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #1653
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post
Hi all! We arrived at WL Thursday night - and got some major pixie dust! We were upgraded from woods view to club level!! We didn't do a dining plan, so the club level has been awesome for breakfast and afternoon snacks - and happy hour and dessert too! Especially with our 13 month old...

Had a great day at MK yesterday - busy, especially in the newer areas - but we got there early and lines were doable.

No Christmas decorations up in the lodge yet! Keep hoping to wake up to a nice surprise one of these mornings!

CL is perfect without the DDP. Hope you're still having a great vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsR2good View Post
Oh how fun! I'd love it if something like that happened for us, but WL is so wonderful that any stay there is dreamy!

One of my goals this trip is to NOT over plan. We only have two nights and the party is our only park event. Would love some critiquing of my plan so far and suggestions:

Saturday, December 1. Drive to Wilderness Lodge. Arrive around noon. If our room is ready, we'll settle in, if not, we'll walk around and maybe ride a surrey bike.
2pm—lunch reservation at WCC
Pool time after lunch!
7pm—Chip & Dale sing-a-long and see decorations at FW campground.
Dinner via quick service--where? Is
Hot chocolate in the lounge.
Sunday, December 2. Party Day
9am Breakfast at Kona Café
See Beach Club resort decoration.
Swim
3:30 depart for MK (should we go over that early??)
Looks good to me, though I wouldn't ride a bike if you're arriving at noon and have to check-in for lunch around 1:50. I'd explore WL and VWL in the time in between check-in and lunch or you could even check-in early - that shouldn't be a problem at that time of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aml3679 View Post
I just changed from POFQ to Wilderness Lodge next December 5-16 as a surprise for my dear husband for our 28 years together.
What a WONDERFUL surprise! Do you think you can keep it a secret that long?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Also the bakery at MK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
Ok, I think after owning DVC for about two years, I'm finally getting the hang of it. LOL

I think I've finalized (until something changes) my dates for December 2013!! That sounds ridiculous to even write down. If I said that to ANYONE outside of my DIS family, they would think I was nuts.

So, here are the tentative plans. As I've mentioned before, DBF and I will be celebrating our 10 year (dating) anniversary during this trip. Crazy. So we (ha, ok I) am thinking VWL Dec 4 - 8th, and then our very first Disney Cruise will depart on the 8th!!

If anyone has any parks/cruise in one trip advice I am all ears!!
Your well-in-advance planning secret is safe with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
You need to tell the BF that you want to celebrate your first anniversary as a married couple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrebecca View Post
We arrived at the Lodge yesterday afternoon. Right now I am relaxing on our balcony with a nice cup of coffee and some fruit from the club lounge. Looking forward to a nice relaxing fun filled week.
I hope you're still having a wonderful time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Hi WDWKook & the rest of the gang! I'm back to the thread! Just waiting for spring AP rates to come out & then will be booking a split stay for March, WL CL and AVK. Woo hoo!

My WL Girls Trip last month turned into a POR Girls trip, but we did visit WL twice & had breakfast at WCC. Love WL!
Welcome back and happy 2013 planning. Stop by here anytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajj221 View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know that the Tree is up!
Thank you for letting everyone know

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthGrumpy View Post
Came into the Villas at 11pm on Monday and they were putting up the Christmas decorations! Wandered around this morning and everything looks wonderful!
Thank you for also letting everyone know about VWL. Are you taking lots of pictures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-P-C-O-T View Post
We have stayed at WL many times, but, our last stay was in 2007. Just booked a standard room, but, we may now splurge a bit and book a CL room. Big change, I know, but we are only going for 3 nights and have never stayed in a CL room at Disney. Tell me about the lounge!
There are OFC lounge photos on the first page in the Club Level section. The lounge is wonderful because it offers plenty of seating and an amazing view down to the lobby below and out to the courtyard and Bay Lake. There are two TVs: one tuned to the Disney Channel in the South Wing with a small table and chairs for the kids, and one tuned usually to ESPN or the news in the North Wing.

The lounge menus are also posted to the first page. Some items remain the same each night and hot items change nightly. The staff work tirelessly to make sure the lounge is always neat and clean and the food replenished quickly.

If you have any other questions, fire away.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:50 PM   #1654
rcsilverspring
Mouseketeer

Got my Mickey Mail today!!!!! It's finally beginning to feel REAL! Did some shopping yesterday, too. Still have no idea what the weather will be like.....
I have so much to do, I hate to wish the time away, BUT...30 days, 8 hours until we take off for MCO!!!

June 1989-Polynesian, June 1991-Polynesian June 2008-FINALLY back to the Polynesian after 17 years!!!!
May 2011- headed back "home" to the Poly! Dec. 2012-Girls only trip to WL to finally see the Christmas decorations (Sorry Poly)
]
Old 11-14-2012, 05:28 AM   #1655
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsilverspring View Post
Got my Mickey Mail today!!!!! It's finally beginning to feel REAL! Did some shopping yesterday, too. Still have no idea what the weather will be like.....
I have so much to do, I hate to wish the time away, BUT...30 days, 8 hours until we take off for MCO!!!
Yeah for your Mickey Mail!

The weather in December can be very chilly in the early morning and evening especially and can be quite warm in the afternoon. You'll need a jacket you can unzip or take off when it warms-up and gloves and a hat are nice to have in the evenings if you're walking around the parks.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #1656
GatorEye
Mouseketeer

I've got the WL Christmas music loop up and going to really get me in the mood. Less than 3 weeks now!!

So much planning still to do!
Old 11-14-2012, 12:24 PM   #1657
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Limping along trying to get life back on course after 15 days without power . KOOK, you kindly posted pictures of great rooms on the CL floor to request (courtyard view with a bit of the lagoon for Yurts nighttime viewing), however I can't find the post. Any chance you can refresh my memory so I can put in a room request? Thanks!
Old 11-14-2012, 02:35 PM   #1658
JCTurner
Photographing the World one vacation at a time.

Arriving in 10 days now. Just completed online checking.

2011: Disneyland Paris HNY / 2012: Wilderness Lodge / 2015: Yacht Club
For more pictures visit my Flickr Gallery HERE !

Old 11-14-2012, 04:26 PM   #1659
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
Limping along trying to get life back on course after 15 days without power . KOOK, you kindly posted pictures of great rooms on the CL floor to request (courtyard view with a bit of the lagoon for Yurts nighttime viewing), however I can't find the post. Any chance you can refresh my memory so I can put in a room request? Thanks!
You sure have been through a lot. I hope that life gets back to normal soon now that power has been restored. Did Verizon ever show-up today?

Our favorite CL room is one of two on the 7th floor that directly face out toward Bay Lake and the courtyard (like a Bear Face room). Those two rooms are 7127 in the South Wing, closest to the lounge/lobby elevators and concierge desk. The other is 7035 in the North Wing.

All the other 7th floor "INNER or WL Courtyard View" rooms will have a full view of Bay Lake/EWP (Yurts!), the geyser and pool when looking to the left or right.

Here is the view from 7127:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTurner View Post
Arriving in 10 days now. Just completed online checking.

Time to start packing!
Old 11-15-2012, 07:35 AM   #1660
NHKristy76
Senior Mousketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorEye
I've got the WL Christmas music loop up and going to really get me in the mood. Less than 3 weeks now!!

So much planning still to do!
I simply must have the WL Christmas music! Can you tell me where to find it? Pretty please?
Old 11-15-2012, 08:07 AM   #1661
GatorEye
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHKristy76 View Post
I simply must have the WL Christmas music! Can you tell me where to find it? Pretty please?
Just Google the phrase Wilderness Lodge Christmas music loop and there should be places that stream it. I think there was one on soundcloud that I remember from last year.

I have mine from quite a while ago. I'm not sure if they've actually changed it since then, but it makes me feel like home so it doesn't matter if they have or not.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:41 AM   #1662
sacarmic
Earning My Ears

cell service

Can anyone here comment on the quality of AT&T cell reception at the wilderness lodge? We stayed the caribbean beach last time and cell reception was virtually non-existent. Didn't know if I can count on the my phone for data or will I have to buy the Disney wifi.

Thanks,
Scott
Old 11-15-2012, 09:05 AM   #1663
Disney_Freak56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacarmic View Post
Can anyone here comment on the quality of AT&T cell reception at the wilderness lodge? We stayed the caribbean beach last time and cell reception was virtually non-existent. Didn't know if I can count on the my phone for data or will I have to buy the Disney wifi.

Thanks,
Scott
I returned less than 3 weeks ago and we had no problem with AT&T cell reception in the entire lodge, including the Villas and the Club Level - split stay.

And now for the really good news - WiFi is free at all Disney resorts.

Our Wi-Fi reception was good in both areas of the resort.

Hope this helps!

Old 11-15-2012, 09:59 AM   #1664
bowbat
DIS Veteran

Ten days away!

Just did online check-in. I've tried it two other times with poor results, but third time's the charm, right?
Wilderness Lodge – 10/2011, 11/2012, 11/2013
Boardwalk Inn – 11/2011, 3/2014
Grand Floridian – 2/2012
Yacht Club – 6/2013
Old 11-15-2012, 10:09 AM   #1665
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Thank you KOOK!!! I am at the Library using their wifi. Verizon came, said the damage was so extensive they have to send a full crew with cherry picker truck, so who knows. By the time life gets back to normal around here, I will be on my way to the WL!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: