Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 04:16 PM   #3391
Divaofdisney
Mouseketeer

Work is now officially DONE!! Vacation time has begun....leave first thing in the morning for Disney, so excited I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight, lol!!

Just a note of thanks to everyone on this thread for all the helpful advice and planning!! It seems like its been a long few months but its finally here. A special thanks to Erin-mommyof3princess27-- you are very special and I want to personally thank you again for all your help and support. It has made a huge difference in our planning. Erin....I will have to try and post a picture of the RGR at POR since I know you all have one too and I requested Oak Manor just as you suggested. So we'll see what we get.

I will try and post a quick note from Disney tomorrow. Take care all!!

Disney here we come!!
Divaofdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:44 PM   #3392
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

I ordered my MVMCP tickets for Friday tonight! After hearing that Monday's show sold out I decided not to risk waiting until day of the party so I went ahead and ordered them.
Unfortunately I had to call because I couldn't figure out how to apply a giftcard online but it is all taken care of now.

One more day of work and we leave Thursday afternoon! I can't wait.

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 05:04 PM   #3393
Cumbley
Mouseketeer

I've finally finished packing (it's 11pm here!). We are leaving for the airport at 6.30 in the morning for the long flight from the UK! Looking forward to some warmer weather and 7 days of fun fun fun! Will try and update whilst there - especially when we've been to Be Our Guest! Have a great time everyone!

Cumbley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:53 PM   #3394
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divaofdisney
Work is now officially DONE!! Vacation time has begun....leave first thing in the morning for Disney, so excited I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight, lol!!

Just a note of thanks to everyone on this thread for all the helpful advice and planning!! It seems like its been a long few months but its finally here. A special thanks to Erin-mommyof3princess27-- you are very special and I want to personally thank you again for all your help and support. It has made a huge difference in our planning. Erin....I will have to try and post a picture of the RGR at POR since I know you all have one too and I requested Oak Manor just as you suggested. So we'll see what we get.

Disney here we come!!
Awww thanks!!! I cant wait to see pics! Have fun and have a safe flight!!!!

Sent from Erin's iPhone using DISBoards

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:56 PM   #3395
hmansure
DIS Veteran

Down to 3 days here...

Our Beach Club Villas waitlist did not come through so we remain at Animal Kingdom Villas. We knew it was a long shot, but one never knows?!

Was reading some other posts regarding fellow obsessed weather watchers!! I never put faith in the 15 day accuweather.com version - how many times has it changed?! It's amazing enough when the weather folks get it right one day out, let along 15!! But overall, it looks sunny and bit below average on the temps next week. Our fingers are crossed the temps will jump up a couple of degrees, too! No matter what it will be 20+ degrees warmer in Florida than here so who cares, right?!
2011- BLT (Aug);DCL Dream (Aug); SSR (Aug); 2012 - AKV (Nov); 2013 - DLH (Jun); PPH (Nov); 2014 - DCL Dream (DVC Member Cruise, Aug); BWV & BCV (Aug)
DVC Trades - Asheville, NC (2000); Charleston, SC (1999, 2007); Washington, DC (2007); Williamsburg, VA (2008); Smugglers Notch Resort (2013)

hmansure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:15 PM   #3396
dillydilly
Mouseketeer

Wishing all of those leaving soon a very magical trip!

We are down to our last 2 weeks and I have a few things left to do. I need to get some sunscreen (I don't know how I forgot that!) and I am going to make some iron on shirts since the Disney Store is not going to carry much in the way of Christmas tees Next week I will mail a box down to Pop with some misc stuff. I need to order water bottles as well (any suggestions??). My kids still have not figured out that we are going to the World and I have also managed not to leak the secret to anyone other than a couple of people. It is so hard to keep the secret---I am so excited!

I'm off to check the weather! Thank you all for reminding me to do that!
dillydilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:22 AM   #3397
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Good Morning Everyone!!

Wow! November seems to be going fast...almost 1/2 way through the month and we're dropping like flies around here! I definitely feel the excitement of everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachygreen View Post
I ordered my MVMCP tickets for Friday tonight! After hearing that Monday's show sold out I decided not to risk waiting until day of the party so I went ahead and ordered them.
Unfortunately I had to call because I couldn't figure out how to apply a giftcard online but it is all taken care of now.

One more day of work and we leave Thursday afternoon! I can't wait.
Good call on ordering the party tickets ahead. You just never know and it would be a shame to miss it! Hope the weather is good for your night! Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumbley View Post
I've finally finished packing (it's 11pm here!). We are leaving for the airport at 6.30 in the morning for the long flight from the UK! Looking forward to some warmer weather and 7 days of fun fun fun! Will try and update whilst there - especially when we've been to Be Our Guest! Have a great time everyone!
You are on your way by now and I hope you have/had a wonderful (if loooong) flight. Have a great time, and I do hope you get a chance to check in with us. Enjoy BOG!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divaofdisney View Post

Disney here we come!!
You are also already on your way, but I wanted to tell you to have a fantastic time with your family! I can't wait to hear how the surprise went over (of the room) and then the carriage ride too. If you're like me, just being with your daughters and DH all together is enough to make it a magical time. Enjoy!
Old 11-14-2012, 06:51 AM   #3398
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

My wife and I got inspired last night. We were going to do tie dye Mickey head shirts but when we went to the store to get the shirts we found something better. Hoodies! Since it will be cool while we are there we figure this will be a must have item. We got plain white hoodies and using the sharpie method got them all hooked up!

They aren't perfect but it was fun and they are cute.

We are also outlining the big reveal on Friday. The plan is to have DD1 read a birthday card to DD2 that says "Happy Birthday! We're going to Disney World!" Since we didn't get DD2 a gift at her party we figure this will be a great way to convince them we are actually going!

Two more days!
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:52 AM   #3399
uscgmouse
Mouseketeer

It is so exciting that everyone is getting closer and closer to thier vacations!!! We are 5 days out until we leave for FL and 8 days away from Disney!
I had to borrow a suitcase from a friend so now we have 4 almost full suitcases! Plus we will have a stroller and carseat and 3 carryons! This is nuts!!! Why so much? It seems like I have to pack everything that my 2 year old owns!

I think for the most part we are ready. I need to go to the bank and get a roll of quarters for the tolls, Make sure I have sweatshirts for the whole family and that is about it.

Oh man! We are almost out of here!
Old 11-14-2012, 09:47 AM   #3400
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ
Mouseketeer

Finally got the video off the iPad and on to YouTube -- here's our big reveal!

Our oldest was very excited, our middle daughter was tired and apparently thirsty, lol... They are 7 and 3, so I expected our 7 year old to be more into it anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc5JlEGQN20&sns=em

January 2013, Pop!
December 2013, POR-Alligator Bayou
March 2014, Pop! {Solo}
November 2014 {Jersey Week}, Split Stay! CSR- Business Class w/Free Dining and Beach Club
November 2015 {Jersey Week}, Land & Sea! Hotel TBD, 3-night DCL Dream

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:29 AM   #3401
momjeeps
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomTo3PrincessesInNJ

Our oldest was very excited, our middle daughter was tired and apparently thirsty, lol... They are 7 and 3, so I expected our 7 year old to be more into it anyway.

I got tears!!

Spring Break 2014 DLR PTR - http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post50753138
November 2012 - 1st WDW Trip after a lifetime of DLR trips No Trip Report - But here is our Photo Book link
http://share.shutterfly.com/share/re...AatGrNq0bOWbtg
momjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:07 AM   #3402
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

That is great! I loved your 3 year old. That seemed like a perfectly reasonble reaction first thing in the morning from a 3 year old. LOL>

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:24 PM   #3403
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomTo3PrincessesInNJ View Post

OMG that was too flipping cute! Thanks for sharing!!!

Me DH DS10 DD8
aroundtheriverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:26 PM   #3404
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

10 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me DH DS10 DD8
aroundtheriverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:40 PM   #3405
nmills
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomTo3PrincessesInNJ

So cute! My son would be asking for a drink too.
nmills is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: